Malelekakis

Give Up.there Is No Such Thing As Enlightenment

32 posts in this topic

I feel like a lot of you guys have fallen into the trap of seeing enlightenment as a goal that is to be realized somewhere in the future as an personal achievment or a specific development of yourself whereas the fact is that there is no-one there to be developed and there is not such thing as specific enlightenment.you 'll never get it done.enlightenment is happening from the day you were born and is going to be happening forever.give up the desire.do your work but for the shake of the work rather than for something you 'll achieve in the future.then maybe you may achieve the understanding and see life for what it is ;)

What are you talking about !

Just take some 5-DMT !

SEE HOW EASY IT IS ?

ALL DONE !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

14 minutes ago, Malelekakis said:

see life for what it is ;)

What is it then to you?

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.

6 minutes ago, Shin said:

Just take some 5-DMT !

SEE HOW EASY IT IS ?

ALL DONE !

First of all have experienced dmt.but it doesn't end there there is always a level above to experience.that is what I mean...

3 minutes ago, LRyan said:

What is it then to you?

Life is a like a song or dance.no meaning at all but beautiful as fuck.like an endless party 

hmm.  I wish...

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.

4 minutes ago, John Flores said:

@Malelekakis There is a highest point. It's called Absolute Infinity. "You" cannot reach it. "You" have to die. That's what 30 mg of 5 MeO up the nose does. I am afraid of that weapon and so is Leo.

People who have sensitive bodies are closer to this truth of "Absolute Infinity". This state is True enlightenment, but we won't reach it as a planet until we are all on board for a new religion.

I have spoken to prophets about the upcoming religion and it's been "true" for billions of years. The "religion" is actually what we are about - it's not something I made up.

Nice concept but just another concept.if truth happens the dance inside the truth won't stop.truth is already the case.illusion Is what makes truth possible

Since we are talking about truth we have already lost it xD:D

Edited by Malelekakis

49 minutes ago, Malelekakis said:

Life is a like a song or dance

In before Mud assumes this is me.

1 hour ago, Malelekakis said:

I feel like a lot of you guys have fallen into the trap of seeing enlightenment as a goal that is to be realized somewhere in the future as an personal achievment or a specific development of yourself whereas the fact is that there is no-one there to be developed and there is not such thing as specific enlightenment.you 'll never get it done.enlightenment is happening from the day you were born and is going to be happening forever.give up the desire.do your work but for the shake of the work rather than for something you 'll achieve in the future.then maybe you may achieve the understanding and see life for what it is ;)

Would you believe me if I told you this is your ego's attempt to handwave it's own illusory nature?

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Malelekakis  There are two points of view from which we can talk about enligthenment.

1. From the objective point of view (to be more precise: imaginary objective point of view; the objective reality is just a concept in our minds, but it's a very useful concept to convey some ideas)...  We get enligthened when we finally stop believing in the idea of "I". This belief is like virus, it overwhelmes our minds... It needs constant reinforcement, hence the constant "stream of thoughts" that we get from it, which are completely unnecessary, repetetive and unimportant... It separates us from the reality, but it's not like we don't ever experience it! it's just that we don't pay attention to the reality most of the time, we pay attention to "I" and the stream of thoughts. That's enlightenment from an objective point of view.

2. From the subjective point of view, enligthenment is available at all times, it takes no time at all, and it's not an action to take. If we need an explanation of why we're not in it right now, we need to imagine one. You explained it beautifully in your first post so there's not much left to say.

1 hour ago, Malelekakis said:

t there is no-one there to be developed and there is not such thing as specific enlightenment.you 'll never get it done.enlightenment is happening from the day you were born and is going to be happening forever.

I agree. We already are enlightened.
Still many people have lots of mental self-identifying going on, and are just shy of suicide quite often.

Being able to just live and enjoy the party is what enlightenment is. Regretting the past, fearing the future, or wanting to go to the future for escape of the now, are all signs enlightenment has not yet happened.

Most people cannot so quickly let go. If you live life as simple and joyful as you claim, i would say you already are "enlightened"

1 hour ago, Shin said:

Just take some 5-DMT !

SEE HOW EASY IT IS ?

ALL DONE !

Are you fucking serious? That's your reply to take an illegal drug? How old are you, 13? You do know that the your lil psychedelic doesn't sustain or create any long-lasting effects and may not even get you some "enlightened" bs, the shit could back fire on ya. Serious shit in the clouds going on here. Maybe I should move on. Damn.

Will you give up telling other people what they should do and what you believe they are?

6 minutes ago, TJM1959 said:

Are you fucking serious?

I could be wrong. But I do believe he was joking :)

Sarcasm >:(

While I agree the trap of 'seeing enlightenment as a goal in the future' exists, I do not agree with "there is not such thing as specific enlightenment."

Enlightenment does have some effects in life.  The end of suffering being one.  When a seeing through the illusions of the mind happens...seeking, suffering, and other related effects of believing the illusions disappear.  Enlightenment is sometimes called liberation, but the joke is that what is realized is that you were never in bondage in the first place.  So enlightenment becomes a term for a happening...prior one believes they are in bondage and are seeking release...and after there is the understanding there never was bondage in the first place.  Kind of like searching your house for your wedding ring, only to realize you never took it off your finger...it has always been with you.  What was gained or what was achieved...nothing.  What was lost...the delusion/illusion.  With enlightenment there is a seeing through delusion/illusion...and the delusion/illusion causes suffering.  No delusion/illusion, no suffering.

So, if you are still suffering...enlightenment has not yet happened...you still are trapped by the illusions of your own mind.  Saying you are not trapped and yet suffer is another delusion.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

It is good to see people waking up on this forum. Enlightenment is the sum concept of all the teachers pointing to the unknowable. It has taken on a form of its own which invites people to seek it. It is completely contradictory to what the words point to, which is about being what you already are. The need appearing distracts from being. What is appearing in consciousness is not consciousness itself. It can't be. Back up and see the bigger picture. It is about what is, not what will or could be. The reactions to posts, the dreaming about enlightenment, or how you may be able to use it to be happy, are the things that arise in you. They are not you. This message is written with love. Start seeing the thought patterns in terms of structure, not content. Or even better, realize that thoughts aren't going to solve anything, because they are not you. You are not the see-er or the seen, you are seeing itself.

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

Will you give up telling other people what they should do and what you believe they are?

maybe i will someday,but i do it out of love,or maybe out of ignorance,but it is my calling and im willing to express my poor little perception  <3