LiakosN

This Is My...

31 posts in this topic

My life, my problems, my opinions, my body, my situation... It that "my" ultimately a dellusion?

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

That's what some people here will tell you, but I personally find that line of thought to be bullshit and the product of extremism.

There are a lot of escapists here, people who don't want to deal with their responsibilities, their limitations, their flaws, their challenges, their opportunities for growth, their false sense of superiority, their false sense of inferiority, their vulnerabilities etc. They want to be gods, invulnerable, living in a state of permanent ease and bliss. They don't want to put in effort and be vulnerable and build things.

The very clear reality is, each one of us is a self-contained environment, with self-contained issues that need to be handled and harmonized. This self-containment does not mean isolation or separation, no instead it means distinction and difference WHILE STILL BEING CONNECTED AND A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER. 

We are both those self-contained environments and part of the larger self-contained environment that is a family or group, and a larger one that is a country, and a larger one that is humanity, and a larger one that is the planet, and a larger one that is the universe, and the largest of them all that is Life.

It's a nested principle. Each nest is connected to a larger one and each nest requires time and consideration. None should be demonized or discarded as fake.

They all matter. Each one superimposed on top of each other.

Why choose to care about only one, when you can care about it all?

Of course people will disagree with this, but in order for them to do so, they would have to discard or relinquish their consideration and responsibility for one or more of those nests, which again is bullshit, escapist, lazy, and selfish. So many of these no-self people are egotistical as fuck, to be honest with you. Their like little kids who think the whole universe revolves around them and they create it... yet they can't create a single damn thing in the physical world and instead escape to the safest and most secluded places they can find while other people take on the responsibility of life. All the while proclaiming how loving and enlightened they are. If you just fucking sit there all day, your love doesn't have shit behind it. No effort, no meaning, no actions to actually make things better and more harmonious.

You have to touch the world, involve yourself in it, to be a difference.

Edited by Salaam

@Salaam I disagree. You are placing too much importance on pieces being "self-contained" and...somehow....all productivity coming out of that separation...for some reason. 

It is not necessary to believe in self and others, in separations, to also work hard. That is just your take on what people are discussing when inquiring into delusions of self. I have been working harder and more productively, but also less neurotically, since starting self-inquiry. Also less angrily. Damn, you're angry. 

nothing is anything

Well could you explain what you mean by that.
Your life means life from your perspective. My life is then life from my perspective. They are both individual perceptions that are very differently felt by both of us (in that sense they can be special to us or "ours"). I can't know what life is like for you. We both probably share the same reality or life around us though (not special to us) but perceive and interact with it differently. So I figure depending on what you are talking about the answer might change.

8 minutes ago, eskwire said:

@Salaam I disagree. You are placing too much importance on pieces being "self-contained" and...somehow....all productivity coming out of that separation...for some reason. 

It is not necessary to believe in self and others, in separations, to also work hard. That is just your take on what people are discussing when inquiring into delusions of self. I have been working harder and more productively, but also less neurotically, since starting self-inquiry. Also less angrily. Damn, you're angry. 

Well, you can disagree all you want. You can project how you think I feel all you want, and you can come to inaccurate conclusions about the meaning behind what I've said all you want. You can even mistake passion and intensity for anger all you want. That's all fine with me.

I like swearing when I'm passionate about things. I even swear during sex :)

Anger is what we feel when we want things to change. It's actually a pretty awesome feeling when it's harmonized to be honest. I'm deeply thankful and appreciative of it's place in my over-all mixture of feelings.

Everything has a place, everything matters, and can be harmonized. Even anger.

But anyways, enjoy yourself and just ignore me. I mean, you are a god whose already perfect and decides what's real right? And there is no difference and everything is an illusion and doesn't matter right? Until it does, but then that's just the ego fooling you, the ego that somehow exists even though everything is absolute nothingness and nothing matters right? 

Lol, it's all good man. You don't have to answer that or defend your beliefs to me. Even if it does look like a children's merry-go-round of cherry picking and logical inconsistencies.

Just take my feelings as a challenge to re-dedicate yourself to whatever you feel is right. If you go far enough, you'll see what's the more successful and harmonized strategy eventually.

@Salaam Whooooa we never even talked about what I think. I only said I do self-inquiry and find it is valuable and leads to important "understandings"...a change in life.

I also never said everything is an illusion. I (pretty lightheartedly) said concepts of "me" "mine" etc are illusory. I do think the ego takes ownership unnecessarily for spontaneous life. Does that mean planet Earth and pain and love and work and sweat and cooperation are just illusions, totally non-existent? No. I never said that, nor did I claim to be a "god." It's ok, lady, you can project on me too. ?

nothing is anything

@eskwire

Sure.

And I'm a dude, not a lady. Unless you were just trying to insult me in some weird way? Eh, whatevs. Carry on.

@Salaam Not an insult, just a lil joke about people calling me man or bro on here but I'm a lady. ?It's all good. Some things seemed harshly misrepresented and I felt compelled to chime in. I'll remember your take on things as I go forward and see how it does or doesn't fold in. 

nothing is anything

14 hours ago, eskwire said:

@Salaam Not an insult, just a lil joke about people calling me man or bro on here but I'm a lady. ?It's all good. Some things seemed harshly misrepresented and I felt compelled to chime in. I'll remember your take on things as I go forward and see how it does or doesn't fold in. 

Ah ok, my apologies on not realizing you were female.

@blazed

I watched that 7 minutes and I find it to be limiting and founded on narratives that lack expansion beyond certain key points. Plus, it's use of heavy emotional undertones rather than actual substance to sway people who are under pressure of pain and seeking relief, rankles my sensibilities.

Buddha did not penetrate to the deepest levels below thought. I've gone much farther than him and understand this because of how Buddha relates to desire and his ignorance of connective tension/van der waals forces. Plus, he hasn't slowed down his perception of time to map out the split-second shifts that occur below thought. It doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not, but there are tiers and levels to the subconscious that deal with automation and the push and pull of our desires, that once you can communicate with and harmonize change so much. My desires work with me, actually they depend on me, as I actively nurture and expand them. Increasing their volatility while also sheathing them in stability so they become like a nuclear powerhouse. It's amazing actually, but it was a long hard road to get to where I am now. 

And the whole ego this and that stuff is very ignorant to me. To me, it's what people say when they haven't differentiated yet the proper ranges and energies of identity. Learning how to balance the validation of their identity in the goldilocks ranges of confidence and modesty while weaning themselves off of the swings and thought narratives of superiority and inferiority... it's like cooking on a stove with the ranges.

Superiority - Pride - [Confidence / Modesty] - Humility - Inferiority.

You keep it in the middle ranges and don't indulge in energizing and attaching to the higher and lower ones. I focus on what I can actually do and I'm confident and trusting in it, and I also focus on what I still need to do, being modest about how much farther I have to go, while still confident and trusting in myself. Because of my capability with connective tension, I can modulate these things on the fly.

That way, I don't have those weird swings and extreme reactions that other people have. It makes me sad that people demonize themselves, when the truth is, we're just not evolved and developed enough yet as a human race. It took Earth thousands of years to develop enough to support higher order life. To go from a ball of dust to verdant greens and blues. Yet, we as humans can't handle that same process without giving up and turning against ourselves?

Pftt, man... lol and fuck enlightenment, honestly. That shit sucks compared to developing and connecting and harmonizing with real life. I mean you can keep chasing it, if that's what you want. But, I'm way past it and on to better things and more brutal things too, to be honest.

But whatever, none of this is going to change your mind and convince you. There are physical adaptations with the growth process that have to occur before a person can fully understand this and then lower threshold physical adaptations that have to occur in order to get it on just a limited intellectual level. Of course people don't like to hear that and take it as an insult or arrogance on my part, but again, whatever :)

Edited by Salaam

The "I" thought is the source of all suffering.

The "I" that appears even before the "I thought", that is what you are.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Ya it is yours, and the more you cling to  it, the harder it gets.

Do self inquiry

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Salaam What exactly do you think enlightenment is? Why do you believe it is detached from real life? 

I appreciate your nuance with what seems to be emotional management and, surely, that has a place. I think of enlightenment as inclusive of that. Peter Ralston says it very well: enlightenment makes you freer to be human. 

nothing is anything

2 hours ago, eskwire said:

@Salaam What exactly do you think enlightenment is? Why do you believe it is detached from real life? 

I appreciate your nuance with what seems to be emotional management and, surely, that has a place. I think of enlightenment as inclusive of that. Peter Ralston says it very well: enlightenment makes you freer to be human. 

Enlightenment to me is a flawed and limited idealization created by people who are hurt and ignorant while being pushed by the pressure of their pain and their desire to escape it. I recognize those flaws in it's foundation and instead focus on my own conceptualizations. I focus on goldilocks zones, tension, harmony, synergy, balance, accessible potentiality, humanity, spirit, and multi-dimensionality that brings about real, physical change and is mirrored throughout the rest of the universe as a nested pattern of motion.  

For over 10 years now I've been working to expand my senses, slow down my perception of time, increase my tensile resiliency and map out by feel the movements, patterns, shifts, and transitions going on in my different layers of consciousness. This gives me an incredible amount of experience and information to compare against these people chasing enlightenment or describing whatever they attain or experience as enlightenment. None of them come close to the nuance, multi-dimensionality, and synergy of what I've experienced and see everyday in the world around me. Nor do they employ as rigorous and nuanced a system of guidance, grounding, and accountability.

Oneness, nothingness, non-attachment are all limited and primitive in comparison at best and delusional or extreme with their iterations of "everything is an illusion" nonsense at worst. Why should I limit myself to oneness when I can choose superimposed multi-dimensionality? Why should I choose nothingness when it's a limited and extreme concept crafted by people who jump to conclusions about observations within their own mind before even developing the tools needed for nuanced observation in the first place? What they think is an experience of nothingness is in reality filled with so much shit going on at various speeds and scopes and they're completely blind to it. Why should I choose non-attachment, when I have freedom and harmony with connective tension which lets me consciously modulate the degrees and flavors of both attachment and non-attachment. That skill in and of itself makes Buddha look like a beginner jumping to false conclusions to me.

Enlightenment is like checkers, as far as nuance, when I'm instead working on a chess level framework of reality. Which probably sounds arrogant, but the difference in complexity and potentiality bares true.

Anyways, this Ralston guy is talking about honesty or authenticity in your clip. Authenticity in my experience is actually a fidelity of connection with your own inner chemistries. Protecting it from distortion which increases the level of synergy and automated reactivity between your intent and your output. My work within myself has reached such a particular synergy as to release certain limiters our body puts in place, which amplifies my feelings and their intensity. Long story short, lying makes me sick because I'm so sensitive and aware of my subconscious layers and have to protect them even more from my conscious decisions than the normal person. It's not a moral thing per se, or not just a moral thing, but a matter of health and protection of my connection with my spirit for me. Not just my health, but the health of all, because the only action I can ever truly categorize as evil is the corruption of trust.

And when I talk about spirit, I'm talking about my tangible connection to the feeling of my spirit, which is modulated by the amount of meaning being derived from my actions and expressions. I can actually feel my spirit or soul, whenever I want, no matter how scarce a situation as long as I can overcome the resistance to initiating that action.

2 hours ago, blazed said:

I feel sorry for anyone's perception you distort.

What is your agenda? Could you tell us your real full name, so we can see what you're up to in the real world, not hiding behind this anonymous mask since you made some extraordinary claims.

Ah, so you're in prove it mode. You distrust me and see me as a threat or a danger to others, hiding behind anonymity? Even though you, yourself are posting anonymously as well.

You think maybe, someone who makes these claims should be famous or exalted or already established right? He shouldn't be some normal dude writing on a forum just like anybody else?

I'm not special and I'm my own kind of normal, which in contrast to other people's normal maybe sounds extraordinary. But, whatever. 

Lol, I can feel your prejudice, but I get it. I'm a challenge to beliefs you've already internalized and are currently defending. 

My Wife and I have a radio show and I've posted the link a couple times when people asked about it. You can see my name on there. I've got nothing to hide.

Edited by Salaam

@Salaam 

What is connective tension in relation to consciousness?

I am not following why the skills you are describing and enlightenment are mutually exclusive. I understand you think it's an idea, and a primitive one, but enlightenment is not an idea. It seems you enjoy parsing things out with precision and these ideas about oneness and nothingness seemingly take that away from you, but...it doesn't. 

nothing is anything

10 hours ago, Salaam said:

For over 10 years now I've been working to expand my senses, slow down my perception of time, increase my tensile resiliency and map out by feel the movements, patterns, shifts, and transitions going on in my different layers of consciousness.

That's exactly what people "does" to get enlightened
:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

17 hours ago, eskwire said:

@Salaam 

What is connective tension in relation to consciousness?

I am not following why the skills you are describing and enlightenment are mutually exclusive. I understand you think it's an idea, and a primitive one, but enlightenment is not an idea. It seems you enjoy parsing things out with precision and these ideas about oneness and nothingness seemingly take that away from you, but...it doesn't. 

Do you really know that it doesn't? Where does this certainty of yours come from? Maybe you haven't uncovered enough of the world and yourself yet to see the conflict?

We all have limitation and ignorance and then even more ignorance that we are blind to. Every person carries some degree of being blind to their own blindness and that also includes me of course. It's a reality and a responsibility I actively address and keep in consideration when making conclusions and feeling certainty about a thing. I've spent days tracking the chemical build-up of certainty in my body at times, noting down how it changes my experience of reality as it crosses thresholds and how to balance it out and lower it with other actions and energies.

Maybe to you enlightenment is not an idea, maybe it's something more. I don't know what your definition of enlightenment is or what you've maybe experienced it to be. People have many different ideas about it, many of them flawed and overly extreme in my experience.

To me it's a word, some people use to symbolize an idea of what they think might occur after some kind of change or realization. Now from what I can tell from your first post in this thread, you consider that change to include the realization that the "I" is a delusion.

I do not agree that the "I" is a delusion along with other variations of oneness and nothingness and singularities. I see them carrying the flaw of corruption through reduction via over-simplicity and conflicting with multi-dimensionality. Personally, I am both "I" and "We" at the same time, superimposed, without rejecting or discarding that initial "I". With permeable boundaries between the "I" and "We" that limit the amount of communication and transposition to adhere to specific contexts within a moment. Those contexts being the balance and interaction of pattern and motion or matter and energy or chaos and order... there are many names for it, all with pros and cons. 

You may not agree and that's okay. I have no skin in the game, when it comes to how you choose to view reality within the self-contained world of yourself. Just like you have none for my world. I mean yea, there is in-congruence and a little conflict when those worlds communicate and compare perspectives, but there are worse things in the larger world to deal with.

Edited by Salaam