Recursoinominado

Reporter from 60 Minutes Mass R*ped by Egyptian Mob

38 posts in this topic

*Trigger Warning*

This video video made me contemplate how important human developmental models are. She is from South Africa and didn't get how dangerous men are from lower development stages, especially in mobs and anonymity. This made me think a lot about the dangers of uncontrolled immigration and how a small part of xenophobic thinking can be reasonable. 

Looks like she turned into a far-right conspiracy theorist. Trauma can truly shape a person and her views.

@Recursoinominado

50 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

*Trigger Warning*

This video video made me contemplate how important human developmental models are. She is from South Africa and didn't get how dangerous men are from lower development stages, especially in mobs and anonymity. This made me think a lot about the dangers of uncontrolled immigration and how a small part of xenophobic thinking can be reasonable. 

Did a bit of body language analysis on her in this footage...it felt quite defensive and there's some deception going on in her recounting. If you listen to her tonality, it's the type most sales and con artists use to tell a very interesting story. Her way of storytelling is a bit performative and it feels like she's trying to infuse emotion into her story...I don't know how to describe it, but it feels very off putting disregarding the dark subject matter of what happened to her. Also a bit of discourse analysis, part of why I felt it's more defensive and maybe some lying going on is 69 minute's way of presenting and editing the footage. They started their frame opener with her as an experienced 'war reporter'...ok? If that's the case then why is she mostly unarmed in the event? Why didn't she wear some armour? Why wasn't bodyguards armed? Why did she put herself deep and thick in the protesting crowd? IMO it begs the question here. 

Between 4:00 and 5:00, when she's getting into more detail about that situation, when it does start to happen, at around 4:55 to 5:00 the grey haired 60 minutes reporter was leaning back and had his right hand fingers pressed to his lips(in body language when a person leans away or shifts posture away from subject talking, they usually don't feel comfortable with their tale or are disagreeing with how they tell their story. Also, this is mostly called a blocker, or a 'shield', in that it non-verbally shows subconscious defensiveness, that the conscious mind DOES NOT WANT TO SPEAK! So it non-verbally tells the body to 'Shush it!' when he's pressing his right fingers with his pen in between, signaling non-verbally he's either self conscious and doesn't want to speak, or he doesn't agree with what she's saying). Also she finally became much more emotion, around the 6:00 minute mark, but beforehand she wasn't that emotional, like she's too calm about telling her tale, and there's a moment before when she's describing looking up in a pretty bad moment, but there's this 1-2 second delay when she looks at the grey haired reporter, as if seeking social connection or is seeing if that bit of her story telling is getting the right response from that reporter. That moment is here between 5:00 to 5:15, and non-verbal the grey guy looks down cast and a bit left.

Posted (edited)

@Recursoinominado

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

Looks like she turned into a far-right conspiracy theorist. Trauma can truly shape a person and her views.

This Dr. K guy, I've seen him. I do like some of his content albeit they tend to be replay or rehashes of original videos or stories told, but he does a decent job analyzing the psychology of some of who he covers. Now it makes a bit more sense why when she's telling her story it felt more 'performative' than 'truthful', given her swim suit modeling background, and news anchor background, fields that would implicitly teach you to self modulate your behaviors, seem more politically correct and able to front a fake image despite how you really feel.

In fact, if what she said is true at 5:25 to 5:30, calling Dr. Fauci a 'Genocidal Nazi physician.' than according to Sigmund Freud, and Carl Young, that psychological projection is actually self describing her own shadow self, her own shadow psyche as a 'Nazi' and a ''genocide self image', meaning that she has a deep desire and fantasy for the ultra far right, and that she desires a mass genocide of a certain group of people. Also given her past visits to certain news outlets and certain language and talking points of the ultra far right nationalists, I'm confident that she has a self image associated with nationalists and alt right Nazis.

Edited by Danioover9000

Yeah the sad thing is, you cannot believe such women on TV. Playing the victim is a common thing for women to trigger protection in men to help her with their resources. Works always.

Watching this interview was also like something is off. I trust my instincts here.

I’ve seen this story before. I feel bad for her but also can’t believe how she thought it was a good idea to be in that place to begin with. Where was her head scarf and why would she think she would be safe. It’s not safe for men. 

When you go to these countries you need to be culturally aware at all times. 

I dont read body language, but i do read energy and it is a bit odd in how she delivers it, it’s almost like she is smiling in her energy as she says it. Which could just be nerves. Obviously it was a horrific ordeal that she went through and you wouldn’t wish it on any woman or man. The crew are to blame for allowing her to go there. It’s a male job only, that crowd. 

5 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

I feel bad for her but also can’t believe how she thought it was a good idea to be in that place to begin with. Where was her head scarf and why would she think she would be safe. It’s not safe for men.

I could be wrong but, in my experience, many women are oblivious to dangerous situations, especially in the West in developed countries. Which is odd because she is from South Africa, and was a war reporter. Maybe she was overly confident (aka delusional).

I am from Brazil (a dangerous country, especially for women, although not as dangerous as in the Middle East or Africa), and having made many female friends I have seen many times how oblivious and naive they can be in dangerous situations. Like happily walking drunk in the streets at night, being loud and playing like it was Disney or something. I was the one alert and warning them to hurry up and being called "neurotic" by them... They truly look like children sometimes.

It's NORMAL and natural to smile, laugh, or seem emotionally 'off' after a traumatic or slightly traumatic/stressful event. It does not mean lying or deceiving. 

Posted (edited)

On 30.4.2024 at 9:49 PM, OBEler said:

Yeah the sad thing is, you cannot believe such women on TV. Playing the victim is a common thing for women to trigger protection in men to help her with their resources. Works always.

Watching this interview was also like something is off. I trust my instincts here.

This is ridiculous that you think that. She has already been on TV her whole career.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Posted (edited)

On 1.5.2024 at 8:21 AM, Merkabah Star said:

I’ve seen this story before. I feel bad for her but also can’t believe how she thought it was a good idea to be in that place to being with.

Uhh, she is a reporter(??) 🙈

Edited by Carl-Richard

Posted (edited)

It's hilariously sad to see how many people here see an interview about a rape and the first instinct is to think they're lying.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Posted (edited)

@Danioover9000  I don't see that at all. She is just explaining what happened from her perspective. I don't think she's lying bro..

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 4/30/2024 at 11:25 AM, Danioover9000 said:

@Recursoinominado

Did a bit of body language analysis on her in this footage...it felt quite defensive and there's some deception going on in her recounting. If you listen to her tonality, it's the type most sales and con artists use to tell a very interesting story. Her way of storytelling is a bit performative and it feels like she's trying to infuse emotion into her story...I don't know how to describe it, but it feels very off putting disregarding the dark subject matter of what happened to her. Also a bit of discourse analysis, part of why I felt it's more defensive and maybe some lying going on is 69 minute's way of presenting and editing the footage. They started their frame opener with her as an experienced 'war reporter'...ok? If that's the case then why is she mostly unarmed in the event? Why didn't she wear some armour? Why wasn't bodyguards armed? Why did she put herself deep and thick in the protesting crowd? IMO it begs the question here. 

Between 4:00 and 5:00, when she's getting into more detail about that situation, when it does start to happen, at around 4:55 to 5:00 the grey haired 60 minutes reporter was leaning back and had his right hand fingers pressed to his lips(in body language when a person leans away or shifts posture away from subject talking, they usually don't feel comfortable with their tale or are disagreeing with how they tell their story. Also, this is mostly called a blocker, or a 'shield', in that it non-verbally shows subconscious defensiveness, that the conscious mind DOES NOT WANT TO SPEAK! So it non-verbally tells the body to 'Shush it!' when he's pressing his right fingers with his pen in between, signaling non-verbally he's either self conscious and doesn't want to speak, or he doesn't agree with what she's saying). Also she finally became much more emotion, around the 6:00 minute mark, but beforehand she wasn't that emotional, like she's too calm about telling her tale, and there's a moment before when she's describing looking up in a pretty bad moment, but there's this 1-2 second delay when she looks at the grey haired reporter, as if seeking social connection or is seeing if that bit of her story telling is getting the right response from that reporter. That moment is here between 5:00 to 5:15, and non-verbal the grey guy looks down cast and a bit left.

That's a nice novel you wrote there lol.

You do understand that you can interpret body language to mean whatever you want it to mean, in your head... right? 

The state of this forum.  Lmao.

10 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's hilariously sad to see how many people here see an interview about a rape and the first instinct is to think they're lying.

giphy-downsized.gif

On 2024. 04. 30. at 9:49 PM, OBEler said:

The redpill logic: If she talks about it publicly then she must doing it just purely for attention and if she doesn't talk about it or report it right away, then it must be because it didn't happen, because it if would have happened, then she would have talked about it publicly.

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, zurew said:

The redpill logic: If she talks about it publicly then she must doing it just purely for attention and if she doesn't talk about it or report it right away, then it must be because it didn't happen, because it if would have happened, then she would have talked about it publicly.

It's unironically this level of psychotic mind virus, and of course zero social/emotional awareness.

If I were to engage with the absurdity, let's just assess the Bayesian landscape for a moment:

• It happened in a public place, and an entire media crew was present. This is unusual for "fake rape stories" where there is an incentive for it to happen in a private place and without any corroborating witnesses.
  • One of the crew members were interviewed in the same video corroborating the incident (he reports seeing her without clothes and beaten up just after the incident had occurred).
  • Several military soldiers were allegedly involved, many alleged eyewitnesses.
  • She stayed at the hospital for four days, meaning hospital staff and likely family members are involved.
  • It's been over a decade and no inconsistencies have been revealed (she is a public person and there is no apparent scandal about it).
  • She is a public person with a reputation on the line.
  • She is a reporter, and reporters value accurate and truthful reporting. Presenting a completely fabricated story is the greatest sin of reporting.
  • She has been infront of the camera her whole career, reducing the significance of any additional media attention.

Feel free to make a similar list representing "the other side" 9_9.

Also, this one is just funny:

She was flown back to the U.S. the next day, where she spent four days in the hospital. She was contacted by President Barack Obama when she arrived home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Logan

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 30/04/2024 at 3:15 PM, Recursoinominado said:

*Trigger Warning*

Little to do with culture. 

SA/rape cases in developed countries are seldom solved. It's a global culture that hasn't been eradicated by greater awareness and/or gender equality. 

Are most college rape/SA cases done by immigrants from Asia or Africa? I doubt it. it's a wider crisis and problem. 

To say that an entire culture should not be allowed to migrate/immigrate to another country is cultural stereotyping in my opinion. Cultural sensitivity needs to be practiced across the globe, there's simply no way around it.

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

To say that an entire culture should not be allowed to migrate/immigrate to another country is cultural stereotyping in my opinion. Cultural sensitivity needs to be practiced across the globe, there's simply no way around it.

I live in Toronto, which is supposedly the most culturally diverse place in the world, every culture and ppls are here, and there's lots of problems, the main one is that ppl from other places come here looking for opportunity and higher standard of living, but still are entangled with their culture from back home, they want here to be there, but they left there to be here, which is weird...

Simple example, the drivers here are very very bad, no courtesy, no signally, no common sense, this is from ppl from other cultures, driving the way they drive back home and doing so here, but it causes allot of headaches and time delays, which is crazy, just a simple example..

Where I work there's lots of cultures there, they are all good people, everyone gets along and mixes with others and talks among each other, so there are good examples of working together too, but my work place employer (which is a world wide recognized company, functioning all over the world) has a culture set up, everyone learns it and abides by it for the most part, everyone is not trying to bring their own culture here at my workplace and trying to function from that, it won't work that way...

So the problem is Identifying with Culture too much, Culture is just the society around You telling You what to like, what to dislike, how to function and think within that society, but cultures vary greatly from place to place...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

1 minute ago, Ishanga said:

I live in Toronto, which is supposedly the most culturally diverse place in the world, every culture and ppls are here, and there's lots of problems, the main one is that ppl from other places come here looking for opportunity and higher standard of living, but still are entangled with their culture from back home, they want here to be there, but they left there to be here, which is weird... Simple example, the drivers here are very very bad, no courtesy, no signally, no common sense, this is from ppl from other cultures, driving the way they drive back home and doing so here, but it causes allot of headaches and time delays, which is crazy, just a simple example.. Where I work there's lots of cultures there, they are all good people, everyone gets along and mixes with others and talks among each other, so there are good examples of working together too, but my work place employer (which is a world wide recognized company, functioning all over the world) has a culture set up, everyone learns it and abides by it for the most part, everyone is not trying to bring their own culture here at my workplace and trying to function from that, it won't work that way...

There wouldn't be a universal solution either way. What do you suggest in case? 

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.