pregnantplatypuss

Don't Get Fooled by RFK Jr

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And Cenk should keep his big mouth shut. He couldn't even get 20% of his own primary. That's how big of a loser he is.

It's easy to talk big on YT. It's another thing entirely to win elections.

More people should speak up more often. More voices should be heard and debated.

That way people would feel listened to, and not suppressed. 

*Here, for example, the practical reality of running for the president was shown, and it was only shown because Cenk did that.

Edited by BlueOak

I still believe RFK would make the best president.   The most important reason is that he would reform US foreign policy.  He would kick out the warmongers and the neocons who are dedicated to forever wars.   We could cooperate again with China and Russia.  A divided world is going to stop economic progress and also make global climate change agreements impossible.   RFK also respects everyone and hence is the best person to bring America together and heal the divisions.  The two party system has become corrupt and serves the billionaire doners and not the people.  Money rules.  This is the root of Trump’s popularity, that he at least pretends to be interested in what the people think.   RFK also taps into this sentiment.  Fuck the establishment.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Nobody gave any Biden challenger airtime, barely mentioning them. This is why there was no challenge to Biden.

But why is it the media's job to give people with little name recognition airtime?

They are barely mentioned because they are not appealing to most people and the media lives off clicks and views.

I am struggling to see why you are defending an anti-democratic process: Not having debates and a primary.

I would like a more democratic process overall, but in this case there wasn't a good challenger and I don't like how progressives always frame it as neolibs robbing them of victory. There was no progressive chance here.

It's not like I love Biden. I'm just realistic about the alternatives. I don't want to waste time on virtue-signaling leftist theatrics.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

37 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Here, for example, the practical reality of running for the president was shown, and it was only shown because Cenk did that.

I have no issue with Cenk running for office.

But he is so bombastic and obnoxious in how he speaks and criticizes the establishment as being losers when he can't even get 10% of the vote in his own election. It's delusional.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have no issue with Cenk running for office.

But he is so bombastic and obnoxious in how he speaks and criticizes the establishment as being losers when he can't even get 10% of the vote in his own election. It's delusional.

Clark Kent has a better shot at getting 10% of the vote xD

Why did the pizza maker go broke? Because they couldn't make enough dough!

6.6%

The actual number of votes Cenk got in his own primary.

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

For sure the Dem establishment plays dirty. They don't want someone like RFK Jr to co-opt the party in the same way Trump co-opted the Repub party.

They didn't want Bernie Sanders either.

https://theweek.com/articles/907608/bernie-sanders-didnt-lose-because-ideas-unpopular

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But why is it the media's job to give people with little name recognition airtime?

They decide the level of name recognition people get with their coverage.
They put the choices in people's minds.

Or they don't.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In 2016 yes. In 2020 no. Bernie lost fair and square in 2020.

I really don't see why Bernie didn't lose fair and square in 2016 as well despite such accusations of Hillary Clinton and the establishment Dems having "rigged" it back then.

37 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I really don't see why Bernie didn't lose fair and square in 2016 as well despite such accusations of Hillary Clinton and the establishment Dems having "rigged" it back then.

Go research it. There were a lot of backdoor deals. And I disagree with Leo on 2020. 

Biden only won because Bernie was an outsider. The drop out of the Democrats and them endorsing Biden is what put Biden over.

There was also footage that revealed there was bias in how they reported Bernie's political status. 

Had Bernie forged relationships with the media and the party he would have won the nomination. But him being an outsider blocked him.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

12 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

But him being an outsider blocked him.

Bernie is not a Dem. So course the party leadership will oppose him.

1 hour ago, BlueOak said:

More people should speak up more often. More voices should be heard and debated.

That way people would feel listened to, and not suppressed. 

*Here, for example, the practical reality of running for the president was shown, and it was only shown because Cenk did that.

Here are the qualifications for being able to participate in debates and receive maximum media coverage for presidential primaries:

https://ballotpedia.org/Republican_presidential_primary_debates,_2024

It's the same for the Democratic primaries

These are the qualifications for being able to participate in presidential general election debates and receive maximum media coverage:

Candidates must meet the constitutional requirements to be president.

Candidates must be on the ballot in enough states to be able to win the 270 electoral votes necessary to be elected president.

Candidates must be supported by 15 percent of the electorate, as determined by the average of five national public opinion polls conducted by organizations selected by the CPD.

@Hardkill
Thank you. We should add all the other things that make a presidential campaign successful, such as. Money, backers, a party apparatus, name recognition, an identity that fits the base, an understanding of what issues are trending now, and media coverage.

It's one thing to read these things, it's very different to see someone go through the process and attempt it however, that's the value of watching people go through the motions.

Posted (edited)

On 13/04/2024 at 3:51 AM, Raze said:

Biden through even though he’s a weak candidate and offering progressives or even independents nothing. The democrats have only themselves to blame for the constant losses, they are not entitled to votes.

Lol, Biden is currently the strongest democratic candidate. Maybe this is why decided to rerun for election, it is because there is no real replacement to him.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

How would you like to die, Tyrion son of Tywin?”

“In my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a maiden’s mouth around my cock, at the age of eighty,” he replied.

22 hours ago, BlueOak said:

They decide the level of name recognition people get with their coverage.
They put the choices in people's minds.

Or they don't.

It's a combination, because they are money driven they give coverage based on how popular something is, but they are also funded by corporations so they have bias in reporting that leaks in from those monetary interests.

It's why even though the media didn't like Trump, he was great for ratings! Also the media is run by humans and Trump often offended the media which made them run even more stories on him. It became a vicious cycle as a result.

With that said the liberal media is influenced by the Democratic Party which was revealed through email leaks which surprised me. I didnt think the Democratic Party had the ability to influence how much media coverage a Candidate gets. 

It taught me how deep the game of politics goes. Cliques really are a thing.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Bernie is not a Dem. So course the party leadership will oppose him.

Yeah that's the point I was making. Democrats stop people who are good for the party if they don't officially recognize themselves as Democrats and if they don't socialize and mingle within the party.

Bernie only lost because the Dems opposes him, same thing in a different way happened to Trump in the last election.

This time even though a portion of the Republicans want to oppose Trump again they don't have anybody they like better.

In fact this might be the first Presidential election in a long time where both candidates are immensely unpopular which is hilarious to me.

@Leo Gura

On 13/04/2024 at 3:37 AM, Leo Gura said:

And you can't blame the media for not covering them when they have such low recognition and appeal.

It's like, why doesn't CNN cover me? Because no one knows or cares who I am. The news covers those who get them views and clicks.

Don't forget that these are essentially popularity contests. It's not a battle of intellects nor moral superiority.

Well, technically the rationalist independent news article did cover you a long time ago, and several othe YouTube Channels did cover you a bit besides the views and clicks.

I realized an amusing thing here.

That it's 'okay' for liberals to sabotage leftists who aren't liberal.
But leftists must always still be loyal to liberals.

Half of his party sabotaged Corbyn, rather than falling in line as they preach when their leader is in position. Yet for me to suggest doing that is somehow the worst thing ever. 

Posted (edited)

A very wise short video from Robert.
Seeing the comments and the likes in the comment section is concerning. Leo was on point, RFK is pulling Democrats away.
You can praise RFK's good ideas, But don't vote for him. Voting to him means voting for Trump.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

How would you like to die, Tyrion son of Tywin?”

“In my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a maiden’s mouth around my cock, at the age of eighty,” he replied.