Leo Gura

Leo Does Political Philosophy With Advanced AI

166 posts in this topic

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Yes.

Reading books is very slow and comes with a lot of filler content which isn't relevant to a question at hand.

Solo work is important, but it can be hard to work based off nothing. The AI helps to seed your mind with fresh ideas, like having a braibstorming partner.

such a good point!! I had my doubts, but given this blog post and your 60-page paper Im going to use these insights to adapt my philosophy workflow. This is going to be a major change in workflow for people who do this as a career. 

Really exciting stuff. 

really appreciate these responses. 

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.

Posted (edited)

Metrics show that Opus is slighter better than GTP 4. But they are so close that it will depend on individual applications.

I would focus less on which AI you use and focus more on the quality of questions you ask it and the creative uses you come up with for it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Metrics show that Opus is slighter better than GTP 4. But they are so close that it will depend on individual applications.

I would focus less on which AI you use and focus more on the quality of questions you ask it and the creative uses you come up with for it.

Can you summarize the key points so we don't have to read through 60 pages.  

Basically unless he agrees with solipsism this AI don't know crap.

Pleases give us a metaphysical and spiritual perspective of this AI.  If they do not stand on their own on this they are not more intelligent than most humans

If you mean to use it as a supplement fine.  You are no different than the guy using creatine at the gym.  Just don't let it become a steroid. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Can you summarize the key points so we don't have to read through 60 pages.  

Basically unless he agrees with solipsism this AI don't know crap.

Pleases give us a metaphysical and spiritual perspective of this AI.  If they do not stand on their own on this they are not more intelligent than most humans

If you mean to use it as a supplement fine.  You are no different than the guy using creatine at the gym.  Just don't let it become a steroid. 

My conversations were not about spirituality or metaphysics.

There's not really a point in summarizing it. The magic of it is in the full conversation. It's not really about the content.

Edited by Leo Gura

These AI are yes-men ;)

But yes it's amazing for brainstorming. The lack of bias they have is incredible. They've seen so many perspectives in their dataset that they tend to take the higher perspectives.

Posted (edited)

I've read about 1/3 til now.Your chat with the ai is facinating. Sometimes it felt like a bit parroting and too much flattery but then it applies all the info and comes to very intelligent conclusions. It was so sophisticated that I first didn't know that it was already claudes answer. It is a mindfuck that this ai can apply all the perspectives and models like spiral dynamics in such a nuanced way. 

@Leo Gura I find it a little bit strange that the AI used wousedlike kneejerk. Is this really a word the AI came up with?

Thx for showing how to interact with the ai in a very productive way.

Haha, in truth, leo just wrote a dialogue and sold it to us as ai :P

Edited by Starlight321

Just now, Leo Gura said:

My conversations were not about spirituality or metaphysics.

Precisely.  As you know AI can't awaken.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura over time, feel free to share more of these papers, its insightful to know on a meta level how to communicate with AI to arrive at high quality philosophy

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.

1 hour ago, Nivsch said:

I am a bit scared it will weaken our sense of humane-ness. But in a healthy balanced way, of course can help to learn things.

As if the internet and social media haven’t destroyed our humaneness already.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Precisely.  As you know AI can't awaken.

There is more to life than spirituality. I don't need AI for that purpose.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

There is more to life than spirituality. I don't need AI for that purpose.

In your opinion there is more.  But once you grow tired of that - there isn't.   In the end you will come back to spirituality.   And when you do, this AI won't be able to guide you. I mean, perhaps by then they will be :)

But science could never grasp this.  And aferall AI is the result of science. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

Oh, one big advantage Claude has over GPT is buffer size. Claude has a 200k token sized buffer, which means it can remember much longer conservation threads, which is important if you are doing long-form philosophy.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

In your opinion there is more.  But once you grow tired of that - there isn't.

There is nothing I grow tired of more than spiritual talk.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Oh, one big advantage Claude has over GPT is buffer size. Claude has a 200k token size buffer, which means it can remember much longer conservation threads, which is important if you are doing long-form philosophy.

What do you find is the biggest difference between GPT and Claude? Just curious.   I'm in IT so i wish to incorporate AI more in the work I do.   So would be good to go with the best for this.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is nothing I grow tired of more than spiritual talk.

Yeah well I didn't mean spiritual talk I meant spirituality :)

But yeah with 49k posts and the majority of them being in the spiritual section I don't know how you couldn't be.   I burned out a long time ago.  I think it's important to keep talking though because in the end God is all there is.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Now we know who the next moderator on this forum is

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

What do you find is the biggest difference between GPT and Claude? Just curious.   I'm in IT so i wish to incorporate AI more in the work I do.   So would be good to go with the best for this.

For me the biggest difference is that GPT is too cautious in its answers. To much text wasted on harm reduction platitudes and political correctness. I need an AI that isn't afraid to take a clear stance and call out bullshit.

But maybe GPT4 is better at that. I don't know.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Oh, one big advantage Claude has over GPT is buffer size. Claude has a 200k token size buffer, which means it can remember much longer conservation threads, which is important if you are doing long-form philosophy.

This is an important difference

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

For me the biggest difference is that GPT is too cautious in its answers. To much text wasted on harm reduction platitudes and political correctness. I need an AI that isn't afraid to take a clear stance and call out bullshit.

Funny the developer's personality or character traits probably played a role in that.  Thanks for the info.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Jayson G

47 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

@Leo Gura 

you mention this in your blog post:

"I have now incorporated AI into how I do philosophy. In fact, I don’t see how good philosophy could be done any other way. From now on all my work, all my videos, will be created in collaboration with AI in order to provide the most factual, nuanced, well-researched, and robust perspectives. I ask the AI to poke holes in my theories and supply me with examples and counter-examples."

In terms of a workflow for arriving at great philosophy, would you say the approach of going deep with these AI models can surpass reading books for insights and contemplation, or even doing solo philosophy with the aid of nothing? (just curious in terms of just sheer quantity of quality insights, not internalization of insights necessarily)

The potential is comparable to when writing was invented and recording ideas for the next generation is better symbolized, and surpassing even oratory heavy philosophizing. Of course there's pros and cons to writing, and a price for using writing more so than speaking and thinking philosophically.