Marten98

How to handle alcohol when going out?

9 posts in this topic

Since in Europe drinking is such a big part when going out, I wanted to know how you guys handle it during night game?

Background: Due to health reasons I dont drink. When I get to know girls in bars, clubs etc., having drinks is a big part of what people do there and Im not sure how to go about it.

Question 1: Do you order water in a cup? How do you react when girls as you if or why you dont drink? 

Question 2: What are some fun things you can actually do with a girl in a bar/club environment? I move her around, have silly and deep converstions to stimulate her emotionally, go to the dancefloor etc. But when you avoid the bar and drinks completely it feels like missing out on another fun activity. I read the goal is to go on as many mini adventures with her as possible/ move her around. Or is good verbal game enough and it really doesnt matter what you do?

I really appreciate you guys and this forum!

Posted (edited)

It doesn't matter. Just vibe with the girl. Make as much fun sober as you would drunk. It's about driving your own state.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I’m probably not going about this in the right way. 

I buy none alcoholic beer(sneaky style). I just don’t wanna have the conversation with my friends.

7 hours ago, Marten98 said:

move her around.

She's not a toy to be moved around. Bad advice. This is mechanical. Move if that's what the situation calls for, not just as a rule. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

If you are the designated driver on nights out everyone will love to have you there.

For your own enjoyment, pick some music you like and a place you'd visit sober anyway. Put your energy into finding out where the best nights are, bands are playing, or DJ, whatever your, and your girlfriend's tastes are. Something with the best feel to the place, and environment. You can get some of that from pictures of the place, reviews, and just listening to samples of who is playing. You could find a specific night that travels to different places you'd like to visit, for one example of a fairly consistent good night out.

If you are having a good time, it'll probably come across to her too, and that'll make the date better for both of you.

1) Just get any drink you want. If you don't care about coming off stingy and you want water then so be it, have water.

2) If getting drinks and getting drunk isn't possible for you (and therefore not something that's fun) think about what else is there on a night out that's a fun thing to do with her after dancing, e.g. a walk around the city.

Thank you for the soid advice guys (and girls)!

Really helpful as usual to see beyond my own perspective.

2 minutes ago, Marten98 said:

Thank you for the soid advice guys (and girls)!

Really helpful as usual to see beyond my own perspective.

Cheers!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI