Something Funny

Looking for opinions on ADHD medication

33 posts in this topic

@Something Funny Tricky one imo. Because ADHD and some other issues can have similar symptoms. I know confusion between ADHD and CPTSD is a tricky one. Its not uncommon in ADHD folk to have both from what I've seen because life with undiagnosed ADHD can be traumatic af. 

I'd say the effect of stimulant medication is a good tell. If you have ADHD it should calm you down, and give you an alert focus. However, if you don't then you'll get really wired on it and jittery, I believe.

Also, regarding the distinction between cptsd and adhd, you can investigate to what extent you have a history of traumas. Here is a vid that can help on that distinction too: 

I guess also getting a well regarded diagnostic psychiatrist could help.

Also, someone I knew recommended that you could get brain scans that helped with diagnosis. But I haven't explored that myself so don't know too much about it.

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Posted (edited)

On 24/03/2024 at 8:48 PM, Something Funny said:

@Schizophonia that's interesting, thank you for sharing.

At the moment, I feel like I have too little experience and knowledge to start tinkering with stuff like this, so I think I will just go with meds and see how it works. But I will keep it in mind for the future.

I just hit. Was that you with the avatar with the hand and finger pointing down? 

Something like that. 

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

On 3/24/2024 at 7:28 AM, Yimpa said:

I took Vyvanse. Notable side effects for me were insomnia, increased heart rate, and increased anxiety. Despite that, it did help me make the major changes;  those changes and life lessons certainly did not occur overnight.

Look at this as a journey; not a destination. 

I take Vyvanse sometimes. It helps me a lot. I was diagnosed with adhd twice and I genuinely do believe there is differences in minds and cognitive uniqueness in everyone. I’ve found the side effects to be minimal. If anything the decreased appetite and lots of water drinking has helped me lose weight. I really love this drug. 

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

I take Vyvanse sometimes. It helps me a lot. I was diagnosed with adhd twice and I genuinely do believe there is differences in minds and cognitive uniqueness in everyone. I’ve found the side effects to be minimal. If anything the decreased appetite and lots of water drinking has helped me lose weight. I really love this drug. 

Only sometimes? It’s normally prescribed for daily use. 

I tried to catch some fog earlier. I mist.

You could try fenclonine. 

The devil is in the details.

On 5/31/2024 at 2:24 AM, Yimpa said:

Only sometimes? It’s normally prescribed for daily use. 

Yep only sometimes. It can be used periodically. 

@Lyubov Thank you for sharing. I tried to get a prescription, but had a bad experience with the psychiatrists. And now I am not sure if I want to go through it once again.

On 3/24/2024 at 4:58 AM, Something Funny said:

Is there anyone with adhd who is taking meds? Are they worth it?

I am afraid of it becoming a crutch or even actually doing more harm than good.

Also, does anyone know if microdosing can be an alternative?

@Leo Gura sorry for tagging you, but you seem to have a lot of knowledge about all kinds of drugs in general. Can you share your thoughts, please?

Speaking about Adderall:

It can easily become a crutch. I wouldn't say don't try it out, but just because it's prescribed by doctors doesn't mean shit. It's still bad for your cardiovascular system. I don't think you actually perform better when on it (if that's why you'd be using it), but people sometimes think they perform better... but I think people confuse better performance with the dopamine they're getting from the drug. It's good for productivity if you're doing a bulk load of monotonous tasks. If that's what you need it for (like studying), then take it knowing the true risk for addiction/crutch.