Something Funny

Looking for opinions on ADHD medication

27 posts in this topic

@Something Funny Tricky one imo. Because ADHD and some other issues can have similar symptoms. I know confusion between ADHD and CPTSD is a tricky one. Its not uncommon in ADHD folk to have both from what I've seen because life with undiagnosed ADHD can be traumatic af. 

I'd say the effect of stimulant medication is a good tell. If you have ADHD it should calm you down, and give you an alert focus. However, if you don't then you'll get really wired on it and jittery, I believe.

Also, regarding the distinction between cptsd and adhd, you can investigate to what extent you have a history of traumas. Here is a vid that can help on that distinction too: 

I guess also getting a well regarded diagnostic psychiatrist could help.

Also, someone I knew recommended that you could get brain scans that helped with diagnosis. But I haven't explored that myself so don't know too much about it.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

Posted (edited)

On 24/03/2024 at 8:48 PM, Something Funny said:

@Schizophonia that's interesting, thank you for sharing.

At the moment, I feel like I have too little experience and knowledge to start tinkering with stuff like this, so I think I will just go with meds and see how it works. But I will keep it in mind for the future.

I just hit. Was that you with the avatar with the hand and finger pointing down? 

Something like that. 

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.