Raze

Israel / Palestine news thread

290 posts in this topic

A pure news thread, No arguing would be great. 

I couldn’t access the above article because of a paywall.. 

so here is a quote from another site.

Israel’s Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich has declared 800 hectares (1,977 acres) in the occupied West Bank as state land, in a move that will facilitate the use of the ground for settlement building.

The announcement on Friday came as United States Secretary of State Antony Blinken visited Israel for talks with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Smotrich underlined the government’s determination to press ahead with settlement building in the West Bank, despite growing international opposition.

“While there are those in Israel and in the world who seek to undermine our right to Judea and Samaria and the country in general, we promote settlement through hard work and in a strategic manner all over the country,” Smotrich said, using Biblical names for the area of the West Bank that are commonly employed in Israel.

The denomination of the land in the Jordan Valley as state land follows a similar designation of 300 hectares (740 acres) in the Maale Adumim area of the West Bank, which the Palestinians want as the core of a future independent state.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/3/22/israel-seizes-800-hectares-of-palestinian-land-in-occupied-west-bank

Posted (edited)

Don't expect no response when you put this kind of cartoonishly ironic accusations by the organization controled by mainly muslim countries by the way, under your sophisticated protective shield of "news only".

Now return to your news.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

11 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Don't expect no response when you put this kind of cartoonishly ironic accusations by the organization controled by mainly muslim countries by the way, under your protective shield of "news only". But this is a nice try.

Now return to your news.

The UN isn’t mainly controlled by Muslim countries, most countries in the UN are not Muslim majority 

Posted (edited)

@Raze I am not talking about the members but the sources and who hold the control. I will find for you a detailed explanation I saw in the past.

Anyway this organization is well known for its laughable accusation on things that are really bizzare along with his transparent bias against Israel.

Too bad you can't critisize fairly without absurd dehumanizations.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Maybe this source is okay:

https://m.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-793420

IDF Brig.-Gen. (res.) Amir Avivi: A US State Department official claimed that Israel "systematically" sexually abuses Palestinian women.

If Israel’s own allies are questioning Israel to this extent you know things have gone too far. 

Posted (edited)

@zazen Absolutely bizzare.

Screenshot_20240324-203536_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240324-203551_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240324-203557_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Screenshot_20240324-203557_Chrome.jpg

If the USA is pandering to Muslims, why have they not threatened to pull funding if there is no ceasefire?

Every other country aside from the USA and Israel (and some smaller territories) voted in favor of a UN ceasefire. 

Doesn’t it make more sense the USA is pandering to Israel as AIPAC has given an enormous amount of funding to American politicians. Unless the argument is all other countries even ones with small US populations are pandering to Muslims except the USA. 

Edited by Raze

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Raze said:

Doesn’t it make more sense the USA is pandering to Israel as AIPAC has given an enormous amount of funding to American politicians.

The relationships between US and Israel are rooted in much deeper reasons mainly shared values and principals and after them interests.

There were a years long real friendships betweem some US presidents and Israeli prime ministers which in the head of them are Bill Clinton and Itzhak Rabin.

Reducing it to some this or that lobby is an over simplification. The lobby is merely the symptom (in the positive sense) and not at all the cause.

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

@Nivsch

this thread is for news and hopefully it can stay open if you don’t reply to posts on it in your argumentative way. 

Don’t reply to posts please. No news source is going to be good enough for you. 

Edited by Merkabah Star

Here we go again, again ;)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

@Raze Found it. 

The UN radical bias towards Israel originates from the special coalition of muslim and communist countries formed to counteract US power (to which they oppose fundamentaly), and now this powerful coalition doing the same thing against who they grasp as US biggest ally. A more detailed explanation inside.

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Nivsch said:

The relationships between US and Israel are rooted in much deeper reasons mainly shared values and principals and after them interests.

What values? Israel does not respect human rights, US does. The shit they do in West Bank goes against all human right laws. USA does not do that.

The only thing they have in common is free elections and being rich.

If they were a true developed democracy they would not put 12 year old kids in military court trials and detain them for years over silly things like throwing stones.

Rest is purely interest.

Jews having so much influence on the US being a big reason.

AIPAC too.

Edited by Karmadhi

1 hour ago, Nivsch said:

The UN radical bias towards Israel originates from the special coalition of muslim and communist countries formed to counteract US power (to which they oppose fundamentaly), and now this powerful coalition doing the same thing against who they grasp as US biggest ally. A more detailed explanation inside.

Funny how you tell us "Al Jazera is biased etc because they are arabs, stop sending it" then you send us a source from Israel.

UN Security Council passes resolution calling for immediate ceasefire in Gaza

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/03/25/middleeast/un-security-council-gaza-israel-ceasefire-intl

Netanyahu Cancels Washington Delegation Visit After U.S. Abstains From U.N. Cease-Fire Vote

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianbushard/2024/03/25/netanyahu-cancels-washington-delegation-visit-after-us-abstains-from-un-cease-fire-vote/amp/

Posted (edited)

@Raze Netanyahu has brought it on himself after he refused again and again to discuss how to fill the vaccum in Gaza in the day after the war and by that made even US to not support his policy in the UN. Israel is kind of kidnapped too right now.

Edited by Nivsch