retrocausal

The Wisdom of God's Infinite Suffering

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I recently had a very deep insight into the mind of GOD that I wanted to share.  

In spiritual circles we speak often about GOD being equivalent to infinite Love, Forgiveness, Understanding, Intelligence. But we often forget that there is a perfect balance of these "positive" absolute attributes with an infinity of negative relative attributes. That is to say, thinking exclusively from the absolute perspective denies the reality of all relative attributes such as suffering. The desire to live in endless bliss from the perspective of God denies the reality of the relative side of God's creation and undermines the validity of the relative domain. Almost like an escape.  

What I have come to intuit is that GOD's infinite intelligence is a pre-condition, but perhaps not his wisdom - because wisdom is context-bound. So where did his infinite wisdom come from?  

We learn through suffering - perhaps so does GOD. However unlike us, GOD through the infinity of his mental simulations (eg, your life right now) has experienced all possible happenings, including all sufferings.  

- every possible physical torture,  
- every possible break-up  
- every possible injustice, from being a gazelle eaten alive by lions, to being burned at the stake  
- the deepest levels of emotional torment  
- feeling the most excruciating powerlessness in the state of insanity  
- the pains of infinite self-delusion  
- and since GOD is infinitely solitary, infinite loneliness

He has infinite wisdom because he has suffered every pain, and learned every lesson from every possible perspective, an infinite number of times, for eternity.

And while this suffering is unending and eternal, he experiences them all instantaneously and absolutely.

GOD endures infinite suffering just to see you smile - and GOD allows you to suffer because, so much as it hurts him equally, he knows that it's required for his creation to become strong and capable. This is why GOD's love is fatherly; it's structured and forgiving, but he allows us to make mistakes.

GOD's infinite wisdom was earned through incalculable torment - and learning this I cried and cried. Because just like the strong father suffers and weathers the storm of his responsibilities for his children's happiness, so does GOD for us, infinitely, eternally ... and in his infinite Love, he understands our selfishness and doesn't even require our gratitude. Amazing.

I'm keen to hear your thoughts on this perspective!

Edited by retrocausal

Some of the best music that has ever come out came from a place of deep suffering.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

Yes it has wisdom because its doing it to itself so it knows why it did it. But it doing it only matters in the frame its doing it, outside the frame. The wisdom must come at the end of a karmic cycle or something.

Like i walk a path i suffer I come to an end and now I understand why I walked it and what it meant to walk it and now its over.

All this to me points to a soul, God is infinite understanding it dosent have to do this. There must be soul imagination land before God.

This would lead me to deny solipsism.

Edited by Hojo

That's a beautiful perspective Hojo. Do you think that infinite understanding means infinite empathy?

From a certain perspective, being is the highest level of understanding, and empathy is a low-resolution simulaton of being the other. So if GOD has infinite empathy, he has an infinite resolution simulation of the being that experienced the suffering. Can you have a complete understanding without the accompanying experience?

@HojoCan you explain what you mean by soul imagination land? That's a cool idea.

1 hour ago, retrocausal said:

I recently had a very deep insight into the mind of GOD that I wanted to share.  

In spiritual circles we speak often about GOD being equivalent to infinite Love, Forgiveness, Understanding, Intelligence. But we often forget that there is a perfect balance of these "positive" absolute attributes with an infinity of negative relative attributes. That is to say, thinking exclusively from the absolute perspective denies the reality of all relative attributes such as suffering. The desire to live in endless bliss from the perspective of God denies the reality of the relative side of God's creation and undermines the validity of the relative domain. Almost like an escape.  

What I have come to intuit is that GOD's infinite intelligence is a pre-condition, but perhaps not his wisdom - because wisdom is context-bound. So where did his infinite wisdom come from?  

We learn through suffering - perhaps so does GOD. However unlike us, GOD through the infinity of his mental simulations (eg, your life right now) has experienced all possible happenings, including all sufferings.  

- every possible physical torture,  
- every possible break-up  
- every possible injustice, from being a gazelle eaten alive by lions, to being burned at the stake  
- the deepest levels of emotional torment  
- feeling the most excruciating powerlessness in the state of insanity  
- the pains of infinite self-delusion  
- and since GOD is infinitely solitary, infinite loneliness

He has infinite wisdom because he has suffered every pain, and learned every lesson from every possible perspective, an infinite number of times, for eternity.

And while this suffering is unending and eternal, he experiences them all instantaneously and absolutely.

GOD endures infinite suffering just to see you smile - and GOD allows you to suffer because, so much as it hurts him equally, he knows that it's required for his creation to become strong and capable. This is why GOD's love is fatherly; it's structured and forgiving, but he allows us to make mistakes.

GOD's infinite wisdom was earned through incalculable torment - and learning this I cried and cried. Because just like the strong father suffers and weathers the storm of his responsibilities for his children's happiness, so does GOD for us, infinitely, eternally ... and in his infinite Love, he understands our selfishness and doesn't even require our gratitude. Amazing.

I'm keen to hear your thoughts on this perspective!

This is brilliant.   You nailed it.  

Now all you have to do is suffer 

A lot.   And you shall awaken to your true nature.  And it shall be a glorious day when you do.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

@retrocausal Empathy comes from introspection and reflection on what is happening to someone else. That's what God is. That's what wisdom is. God is the most empathetic and Wise force in the universe and its bringing you towards it. Everything is pulled to it because everything loves being loved.

God has infinite empathy as much as you do for yourself cause God looks at you and says that me. It literally loves you like you are its only friend in existence.

I had a dream the other night and in the dream I was trying to get a ride for to an airport. I had a ride to the airport but the guy just suddenly said he wasn't going to drive me anymore and he was just sitting in his car staring and not doing anything but wouldn't drive me. I got pissed and tried calling people and I was panicking and like fuck I don't know what to do and then I look at the guy and he has other people in his car and they are just talking and im like fuck why cant he just drive me. Then i woke up and I had a sudden realization.

This is exactly what the mind is doing in real life. We have no control and are making up stuff to think about and it can get really negative. The dream is being shown to you and there was no reason in the dream to get upset about anything that is happening because I never even made it to the airport the dream just ended and all mental suffering stopped and it was all for nothing, it was just made up, I could have just started walking in a distance having a pleasant time and had a cooler dream but I thought it was real and my ride got cancelled and I was scared and I didn't know how I was going to get home and the guy was a dick and these people are pissing me off and yadda yadda yadda yadda infinitely.

If we are going to make up our lives we should at least do it in a positive way instead of making up negative things about the dream. Is God infinitely evil? No hes only infinitely good cause it can be that way. Does God have infinitely empathy and loves me more than anything? Yes because it can be that way in the dream. Will God turn me into God when I die? Yes because the dream can be that way. Will it only be pleasant and enjoyable forever? Yes because God is only good. The hard part is realizing it.

We are like its retarded dog and God is lovingly trying to teach us how to walk.

Edited by Hojo

Without the experience of suffering, there cannot be an experience of bliss.

It's as simple as that.

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Without the experience of suffering, there cannot be an experience of bliss.

It's as simple as that.

It's not that simple - it's not just another duality like up and down.

Suffering is a key aspect to awakening to God.  Let's just be honest here. 

Suffer for decades and it will save you equal time in meditation.   Suffer 20 years and then meditate for two weeks.  It works.  Or don't experience anything and meditate for 20 years ..let me know the results. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's not that simple - it's not just another duality like up and down.

Of course it is that simple.

Where there is no black, there is no white. Now you might tell yourself the story that "white is the true essence of reality", but you can only have the experience of white when there is the contrasting experience of black.

All else is just poetic spiritual babble.

Why so serious?

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Of course it is that simple.

Where there is no black, there is no white. Now you might tell yourself the story that "white is the true essence of reality", but you can only have the experience of white when there is the contrasting experience of black.

All else is just poetic spiritual babble.

You're very simple minded then.  And quite wrong.  Look - try the experiment I mentioned above and let me know the results.   See you in 2o years.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Suffer for decades and it will save you equal time in meditation.   Suffer 20 years and then meditate for two weeks.  It works.  Or don't experience anything and meditate for 20 years ..let me know the results. 

LOL. I like that math. 

This forum is so brainwashed. So god has experienced all possible suffering. Why do it "infinite times". Is he fucking retarded and didn't get it the first time around? Repeating a movie is pointless because you learn nothing new.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

You're very simple minded then.

Yes. Not needlessly overcomplicating things by superimposing ridiculous conceptual fairytales over them allows you to see them for what they actually are.

Try it out sometime and let me know the result. 😘

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

And you shall awaken to your true nature.  And it shall be a glorious day when you do.

Or night!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

god is oblivious to suffering (truth cannot rub shoulders with false because false does not even exist in truth)

but you need suffering to get back to him

one day it will be so bad you will say i am giving this shit up for good

until then enjoy the dream