Yali

Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’

333 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

What happened to Sadhguru really resonates with me given that my dad also happened to fall victim to overworking himself and got seriously injured a few weeks ago.  Reality has remarkably intelligent ways of slowing us down; I have much more love and respect for this intelligence even more!

I know it's unrelated, but btw do your parents know about your cross-dressing/transgenderism ?

No judgment, just a little flash of curiosity.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus

25 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

No I wouldn't. But again... No one knows what caused the bleeding. You're jumping to conclusions too fast that it was the overworking. 

Wow. Okay... 

Tcare 

The main issue with this entire thread is we're all both begging the question of Sadhguru's condition, around with methodology between traditional spirituality versus psychedelics to achieve awakenings or other mystical spiritual experiences, and the second fallacy is a bunch of reworded ad hominems to Sadhguru despite the health crisis he's going through. Have some patience, compassion, and some HUMAN DECENCY FOR GOODNESS SAKE! We're all having this argument and debating about spirituality this versus psychedelics that, or over working versus laziness, having these passive aggressive implied insults to Sadhguru when he's in the middle of a health crisis. 

Edited by Danioover9000

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

"you can't pour from an empty cup" 

What if. Service to others is what fills your cup with insane amount of love? 

You're consistently missing the meaning of what's being said. How is Sadhguru helping anything from a hospital bed.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

3 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

my dad also happened to fall victim to overworking himself

I feel you. It's so difficult to rewire your brain after being that way for a long time. My dad is slowly learning that, but at what cost. Also, he loves Sadhguru. 😅

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

The main issue with this entire thread is we're all both begging the question of Sadhguru's condition, around with methodology between traditional spirituality versus psychedelics to achieve awakenings or other mystical spiritual experiences,

This thread is about yoga vs psychedelics? 😮 What? :D... 

and the second fallacy is a bunch of reworded ad hominems to Sadhguru despite the health crisis he's going through

I don’t know what ad hominem means but Yea this is not cool. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You're consistently missing the meaning of what's being said. How is Sadhguru helping anything from a hospital bed.

I don’t think I was trying to say, becoming hospitalized is good for humanity. I don't know why you credit that unto me. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

Let's wait and see what Sadhguru says about his condition. I admit I was a bit hasty in jumping to conclusions. It's not good to speculate about someone's health problems without more information.

At the point the best thing to do is wish him well.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Let's wait and see what Sadhguru says about his condition. I admit I was a bit hasty in jumping to conclusions.

🥲🥹🤧

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

This thread is about yoga vs psychedelics? 

The fact is that Sadhguru is skinny fat, has poor speech flow, generally looks stoned, and now we learn that his brain almost exploded.
There is something wrong with him.

23 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

New Orangina bottle shouldn't be too hard to find these days ; ) 

full (24).png

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

This thread is about yoga vs psychedelics? 

No, originally this thread, by the OP is 'Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after life threatening bleeding.' So in theory it's supposed to mostly be about health issues of the brain, news about Sadhguru and his health condition. Also the Yoga versus psychedelics was being brought up for several pages on, along with other domains alongside the Yoga versus psychedelics that makes me uncomfortable because we're talking about a guy that suffered some aneurism of the brain. We all shouldn't be behaving like this and instead praying for his recovery. 

@Yali

On 2024-03-20 at 0:48 PM, Yali said:

Technically IMO this is a bad framing by the OP, this should be mostly a health topic. He's shoe horning in enlightenment and spirituality alongside a health event. OP's framing is why this thread is derailing and lowering in quality as time passes on.

Ad Hominems:

Edited by Danioover9000

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Osaid said:

I've gotten that stubborn illness-defying vibe from him before. I think he got sick on a ship once and basically refused treatment from everyone. To be fair it seems he did heal afterwards.

If you'll allow me a moment of starry-eyed idolization of a spiritual guru, it does seem like he has a "third eye" kind of control of it though. He seems to only give in once it's absolutely necessary, which for him is apparently multiple brain hemorrhages deep. And it's not completely mysterious either: people in these states of consciousness tend to be incredibly resilient, and the same can be said of their intuitive foresight (or luck or whatever). If your goal is to run arguably the biggest "spiritual" organization in the world as smooth as a whistle, and you have these qualities, the level of damage or dysfunction where you feel like tapping out will be significantly higher than most people. That said, maybe he got out of his depth and was simply lucky he didn't die.

As for spirituality not being a cure for genetic ailments, it's not like you can avoid a brain hemorrhage if that is what is going to happen, but how you deal with it in terms of healing is very dependent on things like your mental state and general physical health. This is mainstream knowledge now. If you take a course in biological/health psychology, it's all about the fuzzy boundaries between mind and brain: psychosomatic illnesses, functional somatic disorders, subjective health complaints, the placebo effect, mental coping and appraisal being an integral component of the stress response, mental coping and cognitive therapies being used to deal with chronic physical illnesses, mental disorders like PTSD being associated with negative physical health effects like cardiovascular disease, the 7 factors of "resilience" that protect you from disease are mental/social in nature, etc.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

Also the Yoga versus psychedelics was being brought up for several pages on, along with other domains alongside the Yoga versus psychedelics that makes me uncomfortable because we're talking about a guy that suffered some aneurism of the brain. We all shouldn't be behaving like this and instead praying for his recovery. 

Oh okay

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Technically IMO this is a bad framing by the OP

Bad framing in what sense? @Danioover9000

The point is that even enlightened individuals are not immune to the suffering that results from health problems, which is a completely valid point to make. And something that many people need to be reminded of.

Edited by Yali

@Yali

Just now, Yali said:

Bad framing in what sense? @Danioover9000

The point is that even enlightened individuals are not above a lack of health.

Bad framing because you introduced 'Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’', but then followed by the qualifier of 'even enlightened individuals are not above a lack of health.' so which is it? A discourse of the health crisis, or a discourse of undermining spirituality? All the while when being fully aware that Sadhguru's life is hanging by the thread of neuroscientists and surgeons trying to save his life. Do you have any semblance of morality or human decency by trying to insinuate an insult towards him? Are you aware you are kicking a person insensitively when he's fighting for his life right now? Is the reason why you made this thread just to attack and stir up drama among some users here who follow Sadhguru? This is why your framing of this entire situation is a bit bad faith and causing some users here in-fighting, which also causes more moderator work to manage this thread, see?

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

but how you deal with it in terms of healing is very dependent on things like your mental state and general physical health. This is mainstream knowledge now. The course I just took in biological psychology was all about the fuzzy boundaries between mind and brain: psychosomatic illnesses, functional somatic disorders, the placebo effect, mental coping and appraisal being an integral component of the stress response, mental coping and cognitive therapies being used to deal with chronic physical illnesses, mental disorders like PTSD being associated with negative physical health effects like cardiovascular disease, the 7 factors of "resilience" that protect you from disease are mental/social in nature, etc.

Things like neuroticism are just as much genetically dependent as schizophrenia or obesity

1 minute ago, CosmicExplorer said:

Things like neuroticism are just as much genetically dependent as schizophrenia or obesity

But are genes for brain hemorrhages dependent on genes for neuroticism?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

If you'll allow me a moment of starry-eyed idolization of a spiritual guru, it does seem like he has a "third eye" kind of control of it though. He seems to only give in once it's absolutely necessary, which for him is apparently multiple brain hemorrhages deep. And it's not completely mysterious either: people in these states of consciousness tend to be incredibly resilient, and the same can be said of their intuitive foresight (or luck or whatever). If your goal is to run arguably the biggest "spiritual" organization in the world as smooth as a whistle, and you have these qualities, the level of damage or dysfunction where you feel like tapping out will be significantly higher than the majority of people.

I'm not really making any judgments or assumptions about him because the truth is I have no idea what he thinks or what his intentions are. I'm just reporting what I have personally noticed about him. It seemed like he really didn't care about the pain until the last second, like you said. And he has healed himself every time. And it is a rare occurrence to begin with. So good for him I guess and I hope he recovers well. Will be interesting to see him back later on.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Yali

Bad framing because you introduced 'Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’', but then followed by the qualifier of 'even enlightened individuals are not above a lack of health.' so which is it? A discourse of the health crisis, or a discourse of undermining spirituality? All the while when being fully aware that Sadhguru's life is hanging by the thread of neuroscientists and surgeons trying to save his life. Do you have any semblance of morality or human decency by trying to insinuate an insult towards him? Are you aware you are kicking a person insensitively when he's fighting for his life right now? Is the reason why you made this thread just to attack and stir up drama among some users here who follow Sadhguru? This is why your framing of this entire situation is a bit bad faith and causing some users here in-fighting, which also causes more moderator work to manage this thread, see?

oh my, no need to go there. Now you're unnecessarily doing the same thing you're accusing him of which I see no wrong doing on his part. Expect these conversations to happen with a famous individual and I don't see anyone here taking Sadhguru's health condition lightly. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

so which is it? A discourse of the health crisis, or a discourse of undermining spirituality?

The point I’m trying to make is that even enlightened individuals are vulnerable to suffering if they lose their health. Nothing about that argument is of bad faith, but you seem to think so. @Danioover9000

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

I don't see anyone here taking Sadhguru's health condition lightly. 

No one is. @Danioover9000 is simply projecting.

Edited by Yali