Chadders

Am I an artist

78 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No. There are relatively objective measures of good vs bad art. This is distinct from whether the art aligns with your personal tastes.

For exmaple, I dislike rap and heavy metal music. But there is still a difference between good vs bad rap and heavy metal music. Just because something doesn't fit my personal tastes does not make it bad art.

Nah, you just dislike when I rap in my journals.😁

@Chadders  How are you today? Have you made some progress in your art, drawing, singing et cetera?

Posted (edited)

@Danioover9000 hello I have just caught up with all this. I’m fine thanks hope you are well

I’m working on a business so that takes up most of my time. Have been doing that today. On Leo’s comment about aesthetic beauty I do like the aesthetic beauty and have a connectedness to it that I experience especially in nature. One thing I’d say with the business that I have enjoyed doing the most is graphic design. I do all of that myself. I’d like to think I am an artist but that is up to others to judge - art is highly subjective. I fucking hate admin tasks and technical stuff which to me is anti art lol (feels machine) - I try to delegate that

perhaps it’s not a binary thing that you are or are not but it’s on a spectrum. Some people are highly attuned whilst others moderately. A lot will depend on your level consciousness to connect with the beauty and recreate your own

if I compare myself now to how I was 10 years ago I would say I was less of an artist back then. It feels to me that my creative side has been mostly dormant and it’s only as I have expanded my consciousness that I have begun to delve into the creative ways more as a source of joy. I did enjoy painting models as a kid though. 

@Leo Gura any thoughts? Would you say your artistic nature has blossomed more with conscious development that you would now consider yourself an artist as opposed to younger Leo? Was younger Leo an artist?

actually on a side note as I think about it it does piss me off that in the domain of politics it’s mostly filled by technocrats and not leaders. True leaders are artists not hacks. This is the problem we have. We need truly inspiring people that connect people to higher ideals. These technocrats are managers designed for admin roles. They rely so much on data data data obsessing over polls and numbers. They agonise over it. Not that it isn’t important but their reliance on external data points and metrics tells me they have no fucking idea what they are doing. Their reality is determined by numbers rather than deeply knowing at an intuitive level what people want. In the business world Steve jobs had the intuition and didn’t agonise over data all the time. What people say they want and what they actually want can often be different  

as with politics it’s the shame with shallow corporations that have lost their soul. Their entire business is driven by big data not intuition and beauty around making great products 

Edited by Chadders

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Chadders said:

Would you say your artistic nature has blossomed more with conscious development that you would now consider yourself an artist as opposed to younger Leo? Was younger Leo an artist?

I have always been.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura was that from a conscious realisation that you became aware of that? 

Just now, Chadders said:

@Leo Gura was that from a conscious realisation that you became aware of that? 

Nothing has really changed for me in this regard other than that I am able to appreciate and see art more clearly.

@Leo Gura okay perhaps that’s kinda the same for me in through my own awareness raising I see it artistry more clearly now. You are more conscious than me Leo so will have more insight! 

44 minutes ago, Chadders said:

You are more conscious than me Leo

You don't know that.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have always been.

then why did you pursue creating actualized.org versus doing art professionally (after you worked on video games professionally)? 

42 minutes ago, Archie said:

then why did you pursue creating actualized.org versus doing art professionally (after you worked on video games professionally)? 

Because I wanted to understand the nature of reality.

On 14/03/2024 at 1:14 AM, Leo Gura said:

No, it's about the pursuit of aesthetic beauty.

Is a dedicated body builder an artist ? 
is an athlete an artist ? 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, thierry said:

Theortically could be. But most likely a vain egomaniac with nothing better to do and using "art" as a rationalization.

Thing is, a serious artist would find bodybuilding far too limited of a medium. I find my Youtube videos are far too limited of a medium for my art.

I wouldn't call Arnold Schwarzeneggar an artist. He's doing something else.

Generally no.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

I've heard from an male fitness influencer something like 90% of his following and attention is other dudes

Imo everything has a degree of art, which can be more or less.

Arnold literally looked like a Greek sculpture. We all agree sculptures are art. You marvel at its aesthetics 

Now imagine if the Greeks managed to create bring the actual sculpture of Hercules to life as a real human. That was Arnold. It clearly is art 

I remember a few years ago when I was in the best shape of my life I would flex at marvel at how my muscles felt and looked in the mirror every day, and how clothes ( lol)

Rap music and boxing are art. It's just lower consciousness and more brutal

Videogames are art, that is clear. Programmers are artists. Singers are vocal athletes. Dancers are athletes.

Athletes nowadays are artists imo. It's just a lesser degree and less pure art.

You're playing games with artificial rules and you're performing in artificial competition. 

It's just it's mixed with ego, fame, and Survival . It's the art that our society most understands because it games and competition are simple and hardwired into our psyche.

More pure art = less ego, less tied up with survival, more done for its own sake

Different people are capable of appreciating art at different degrees

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

@Leo Gura Can you mention some examples of artistic projects you made throughout your life?

@Danioover9000 here’s us contemplating whether we are artists yet this elephant is the greatest artist among us lol

@Leo Gura you have had insights I have not yet become fully conscious of such as god realisation but then I have not done dmt yet so maybe. Would you consider the book you're working on as the greatest expression of your art? 

On 18.3.2024 at 9:21 PM, thierry said: