eskwire

Anyone Want To Fast With Me This Weekend?

28 posts in this topic

Hay frinz!

I am at a good spot for a complete reset.

I'm going to stay at the karate school where I work this weekend. Fast, meditate, and journal. It will be a mini retreat.

Anyone want to do it, too? Solidarity. You can do it at home. 

Edited by eskwire

nothing is anything

When do you start ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

When do you start ?

How about Friday at sundown? 

nothing is anything

14 minutes ago, eskwire said:

How about Friday at sundown? 

Ok bro, let's do it :)

@eskwire Let's honor the most badass sage of the last century :3

(He looks so much like a trollmeme on this picture xD )

8.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Sickkkkkkk! Yay I'm excited. Anyone else? More the merrier. 

nothing is anything

I guess there is nothing in particular to know except to drink more water than usual and have faith in the little jesus that you won't die right ? :3

God is love

And God in them

@Shin We'll be fine, I swear. In case of emergency, call 911, don't contact the forum. Maybe take a multivitamin. 

nothing is anything

@eskwire Anyone willing to fast with me in Ramadan. It's coming very soon. But you will have to fast for 30 days :D then you get gifts afterward, any one? 

@Empty I've a actually always wanted to do Ramadan. I'll consider it!

nothing is anything

It's Good Friday this friday and coming weekend is Easter. I will be fasting on Good Friday extending upto Easter. So count me in. 

A very Happy Easter folks :)

easter-card-with-decorated-eggs-on-the-g

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena Perfect! I almost tagged you. I had a feeling you might be down. ?

nothing is anything

When I fast I do the one-meal-a-day method. the act of fasting for 16+ hours has certain effects on your internal systems which is very healthful. One of them is that something about the blood sugar process gets reset, but there are some other benefits too. 

I'd fsat with you guys but, I just bought way too much greens yesterday without thinking straight, so I gotta eat em all or they'll go bad, and eating greens at least for me now requires multiple meals if I want to actually get it all in my body xD Tho, I could fast for 16 hours each day this weekend. yeah, I'll do that!

Is there a certain meditation or journalling strategy you plan on doing? I only meditate about a half hour to an hour at a time right now, I am still novice and not able to maintain focus for longer. But I can give some of my time this weekend to that as well as the fasting :)

@aryberry Meditation will be done in shifts of 30-60 minutes with breaks.

Mindfulness practice and practicing diffusing awareness. Both. Also, Neti Neti method for self-inquiry. 

For journaling, I will probably do some CBT. I'll write down thoughts that induce anxiety, shame, and fixation. Then question them and write more reasonable or more expanded alternatives. 

I have to work a little bit on Saturday and also go to the gym so I can shower. 

nothing is anything

20 hours ago, Shin said:

Ok bro, let's do it :)

@eskwire Let's honor the most badass sage of the last century :3

(He looks so much like a trollmeme on this picture xD )

8.jpg

Such a troll quote too.

It is odd, I don't really think I have much anxieties anymore. I mean occasionally if I am focused on something such that I am not self-aware, sometimes I can get worked up with stress or anxiety, but if I take a step back and become aware of this and the situation, it dissipates fairly quickly and evenly. I guess there are some things which cause stress. (I used to have too much anxiety, to the point it kept me indoors - so I spent a few years to work on that, already.)

I don't think I will contemplate anxiety this weekend tho, maybe some time in the future, I don't want to multitask my focus on self improvement too much. But I have been thinking of trying the Neti-Neti technique. I will have at least one session this weekend. I will also contemplate focus, and motivation. I have not had much of a habit of sitting meditation, I mostly work via mindfulness in application, being mindful while working on a task or while walking. Actually, now I am actually thinking I will make it a plan this week to purposefully do certain tasks I am avoiding as part of my "meditation" journey this weekend :) 

I am also considering skipping media sites like this one for saturday and sunday, but am not sure yet. It could serve as a break from the high-focus work I will be doing. So actually, nevermind, I'm likely to be More active this weekend hehe! Maybe next time I have a fasting period it will be a good time to be technology free. 

What are you all talking about, stop your nonsense, just fast and be a real Gandhi !

@eskwire No, but as soon as I can I'll do it again, just to see what happens, and I've already planned to fuck me up by doing a dark room retreat in 1 year (when my contract ends) :P

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

2 hours ago, Shin said:

What are you all talking about, stop your nonsense, just fast and be a real Gandhi !

I know you're kidding buuuuut have you ever fasted? Great opportunity to look at your emo baggage. It all comes up! ?

nothing is anything