Arthogaan

What is the root cause of distraction? Why can't we just be?

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Osaid said:

Is it possible to further understand the color red?

Is it possible to further understand a pleasant cool breeze during the summer?

Is it possible to further understand the smell of a flower?

Is it possible to further understand the taste of a cookie?

<3 <3 <3

That did it for me. Thank you @Osaid

Also before I read that I was meditating and for the first time I saw everything is Flickering. Popping in and out of the absolute every microsecond. No cause, no past. Each "frame" perfect as smell of the flower. Even if the next 100 flickers will include me seemingly lost in thoughts they are just as perfect "FLICKERS". I think today the concept of "codependent arising" clicked visceraly. 

And in each flicker/frame there obviously is no separation.

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

2 hours ago, Osaid said:

Is there a point where the color red becomes more true? Is there a point where the taste of a cookie becomes more true? Is there a point where the smell of a flower becomes more true? What are you really chasing after when you say that you want to understand?

You can perceive the substance of all that, and realize what it is. You can perceive deeper and see the flow of intelligence and life that the color red is, then you could go deeper and perceive the absolute glory that emerges from this red and this moment, and you perceive that it have to be veiled in part because it could kill you. 

Thank you Consciousness. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

7 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

<3 <3 <3

That did it for me. Thank you @Osaid

Also before I read that I was meditating and for the first time I saw everything is Flickering. Popping in and out of the absolute every microsecond. No cause, no past. Each "frame" perfect as smell of the flower. Even if the next 100 flickers will include me seemingly lost in thoughts they are just as perfect "FLICKERS". I think today the concept of "codependent arising" clicked visceraly. 

And in each flicker/frame there obviously is no separation.

Nice! I'm happy for you.

When you don't judge the "flicker", you see it as it is. It is like a breeze passing by. Perhaps it is a desire or thought that pops up, recognize the reason and intelligence for why it shows up, and then simply deduce if it is worth pursuing. Is it pointing to anything real? Slowly and naturally you will become disillusioned if you observe it like this.

Being able to enjoy what "life is made of" without any ulterior motive is exactly what love is. To love something is to desire to be with that thing, without any other motive. When the object of desire becomes existence, rather than meaning or imagination, existence literally transforms itself into the love that you want. The taste of vanilla is literally equivalent to love, because you cannot love something without experiencing it. There is no love if there is no object to love, they are actually both the exact same thing. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid @Bazooka Jesus love your responses. It shed some light on my Awareness. @BreakingthewallLove yours too. You're more expressing HOW to enjoy what is, not just TO enjoy what is. To have a deeper perspective to what is. (I believe that's what you're doing anyway).

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

2 hours ago, Osaid said:

I like my ice cream plain, without any extra added meaning. The meaning adds calories I heard.

And what is plain ice-cream, may I ask. Vanilla is still a flavor so is every other flavor by themselves. Do you mean you like your meaningful ice-cream with no extra meaning.😜

We are all super unconscious, this is why distraction is so easy for us to come up as an impulse or reaction, Compulsiveness is the the result when there is a lack of Consciousness within Us, this is basically a result of no Free Will being applied in our lives, so we are slaves to most everything that our 5 senses are attracted too, and since we are identified with things we are not (5 senses, Body, Mind, Thinking, Cognition, Experiences, Past/memory, Future/Imgainination, Status, etc etc...) it makes it impossible for one to be present, Fully Alive with Absolute Clarity, you need drugs to make it happen for a brief period of time, but that is a band aide fix, not a permanent solution..

Its key to Realize that we can control everything that is not what we are, that is Body, Mind, all Senses, and other abilities not normally available to Human Beings, this is not the point of Spiritual practice or journey, but are just revelations of what is possible and what our potential Is...we can be absolutely Complete, virtually all knowing because all history is stored within every cell and dna strand within you... 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Arthogaan

I remember when some years ago I had my first (sober) taste of  "just being". I was sitting there in my room, feeling incredibly lucid but thinking "uuuum... now what? What am I supposed to do all day? Sure, I could do some BS like read a book or take a walk or talk to someone... but I can also just sit here and stare at the blank wall in front of me. It doesn't make the slightest difference whatsoever!" It was pretty strange, heh.

Not feeling the need to distract yourself after having been a distraction junkie for all of your life definitely requires some getting used to. But once you get the hang of it, it's the best thing ever; instead of feeling the irresistible compulsion to distract yourself, you now have the freedom to engage in distraction... or just sit there and be content with pure "witnessing". So you can have your cake and eat it too; and at times you might still shove too much cake down your throat and feel sick afterwards, but that's all part of the fun of being human. :D

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

Also before I read that I was meditating and for the first time I saw everything is Flickering. Popping in and out of the absolute every microsecond.

That's why the question "is reincarnation real" doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, look around... reality is dying and being reborn in and out of nowhere every single moment of existence. It's called life, and it is THIS!

5 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

Each "frame" perfect as smell of the flower. Even if the next 100 flickers will include me seemingly lost in thoughts they are just as perfect "FLICKERS".

dab099_a259ca77b7c64971a891858bfae294e6~mv2.gif

That's the beauty of existence... getting lost is just as perfect and divine as getting un-lost. It's all just part of the game, and as long as you don't take it too serious... where's the problem?

Even having a problem is not a problem, unless you choose to make it one. ;)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

22 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

So you can have your cake and eat it too; and at times you might still shove too much cake down your throat and feel sick afterwards, but that's all part of the fun of being human. :D

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

32 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Is that your way of saying "I have nothing to add to this heavenly utterance of ultimate supreme wisdom"? xD

Why so serious?

46 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Is that your way of saying "I have nothing to add to this heavenly utterance of ultimate supreme wisdom"? xD

Lmao...my friggin' keyboard wouldn't come on-screen and I kept trying and trying; and you know how this shit is if you err too much you end up quoting like 10x still not able to comment. So, I had to restart my computer, and it worked. By that time, I forgot about my silly comment I was about to make to you; hence my new thread I just started and the one about being in the present. Hehe 

I think I was about to say I don't know about having a stomach-ache after eating too much cake being the good life - something like that.

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Lmao...my friggin' keyboard wouldn't come on-screen and I kept trying and trying; and you know how this shit is if you err too much you end up quoting like 10x still not able to comment. So, I had to restart my computer, and it worked. By that time, I forgot about my silly comment I was about to make to you; hence my new thread I just started and the one about being in the present. Hehe

See, that's forgetting and remembering, messing up and rebooting, getting entangled and getting un-entangled, being lost and being present in action. Isn't it grand? ^_^

28 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I think I was about to say I don't know about having a stomach-ache after eating too much cake being the good life - something like that.

How could you ever know the divine pleasure of having an undisturbed stomach if it didn't get upset once in a while? It's all part of the game, so don't knock it!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

1 minute ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

How could you ever know the divine pleasure of having an undisturbed stomach if it didn't get upset once in a while? It's all part of the game, so don't knock it!

I know suffering can be enlightening and causes one to get closer to God or whatema wanna call it and make one realize their true nature and awaken to the nature of what a cake really is. It is just THIS. But that stomach ache after eating plenty of just THIS won't be just THIS after I done call out the name of Jesus Christ to infinite latitudes. It'll be NEVER THIS ANYMORE.

Just now, Bazooka Jesus said:

@Princess Arabia

Ain't no up without a down. Enjoy the roller coaster ride, mylady. 🙏

proxy-image(12).jpg

No, you can go enjoy your stomach ache, I'll take a mental ache any day over a stomach-ache. At least i can control the mind in a split second, the stomach will need more than an Awareness I AM chant to cure.

13 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

Also before I read that I was meditating and for the first time I saw everything is Flickering. Popping in and out of the absolute every microsecond. No cause, no past.

Very good. That is why speed of Awareness [of recknognizing each and any arising in the mindstream before it starts hypotizing oneself] is so important.  When the speed (and strength, aka not getting hypnotized by core-separte-self-issues... It will throw anything at "oneself" that it has to keep the illusion going] is so important:

The past is generated "on the fly", by the "modulating" Infinite Field/Mind/Being right now. There is no past besides it "self-existing"´outside if the now [the Infinite Field]. And the question if the field was ever modulated/expressed "itself" as it is imagined/modulated as "past" right now is itself filled with duality up to the brim, and less fundamental than the Infinite Field itself. Which is another mindf*** of the highest degree. The past as Schrödingers cat.

Seeing this process in real-time is what reveals the properties of the Infinite Mind as "always here", or eternal, or unborn, or timeless. One True Being is literally always here. It gives a first and quite impressive taste of the immortality of True Being.

That is by the way the essence of Mahamudra stage 2, Yoga of Unelaboration. Nice description for that is in Pointing out the Great Way, Brown. There are specific instructions to open up that realization, very detailed. One can have that realization (for the aficionados, a "facet") by chance, or by direct induction (which is of course more efficient). And the realization of this facet is of course, inclusive, as all really important facets are "all inclusive" with realizing ones True Being. Can wake up only once, the rest is more dream-content, no matter how fancy & extraterrestrial.

Selling Water by the River

It's funny how examining and theorizing about the nature of distraction can itself become another distraction. It's the ultimate self-preservation trick of the (monkey) mind... "let me think really hard about thinking so that I can finally find a way stop thinking."

Very shrewd, isn't it? It's like f***ing in the name of virginity, to quote George Carlin. Hah!

Why so serious?

59 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

It's funny how examining and theorizing about the nature of distraction can itself become another distraction. It's the ultimate self-preservation trick of the (monkey) mind... "let me think really hard about thinking so that I can finally find a way stop thinking."

Very shrewd, isn't it? It's like f***ing in the name of virginity, to quote George Carlin. Hah!

Hahahaha exactly.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.