thierry

How to really stop wasting time ? How to control the monkey mind ?

12 posts in this topic

I want to adress a really practical topic which is about :

how do you concretely stop wasting time feeding the ineffective ? 
I’m conscious my monkey mind is squandering my potential but how do I concretely go about not thinking negative and destructive thoughts ? 
not feeding the jealousy ? 
not imagining my girl is with other dudes ? 
all this fantasies that clearly are a waste. 

basically the storie of the two wolves in you. One represent the negativity, anger, hartred, the other the love, the creativity, the joy.

I’m concious I’m sabotaging myself in many ways but seem to can not find a way to stop myself from doing it. 
I lost many hours in useless negativity, imagining all the bads than can happen as it seems useful to my fearful mind, but really it’s not powerful at all.

by the way. I find psychedelics, eventhough it gives you extreme insight, to intensify the waste of time and the monkey mind the month after I use them. 

letting go is cool but as I let go, I realize how much time I’m wasting trying to let go of all destructive thoughts emotions, and this is tremendous.

resisting can’t be the way ? 

maybe going back to simple 1hour meditation a day/sport/yoga is the way ? 

5 minutes ago, thierry said:

I want to adress a really practical topic which is about :

how do you concretely stop wasting time feeding the ineffective ? 
I’m conscious my monkey mind is squandering my potential but how do I concretely go about not thinking negative and destructive thoughts ? 
not feeding the jealousy ? 
not imagining my girl is with other dudes ? 
all this fantasies that clearly are a waste. 

basically the storie of the two wolves in you. One represent the negativity, anger, hartred, the other the love, the creativity, the joy.

I’m concious I’m sabotaging myself in many ways but seem to can not find a way to stop myself from doing it. 
I lost many hours in useless negativity, imagining all the bads than can happen as it seems useful to my fearful mind, but really it’s not powerful at all.

by the way. I find psychedelics, eventhough it gives you extreme insight, to intensify the waste of time and the monkey mind the month after I use them. 

letting go is cool but as I let go, I realize how much time I’m wasting trying to let go of all destructive thoughts emotions, and this is tremendous.

resisting can’t be the way ? 

maybe going back to simple 1hour meditation a day/sport/yoga is the way ? 

Focus on the thoughts, how they appear, how do you attach to them, being aware is being awake. Be aware of the thoughts every moment, every moment. 1 hour is not enough, entire day. Moreover, meditation at least 3 to 4 hours every day is must. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Posted (edited)

@thierry Our Minds are societies garbage bin in fundamental terms, the content of it is not in our control, but we can control how it works and what it does for us, it took millions of years for our minds to evolve to this point in time, so lets not waste it..

First Find true Silence, not in words or actions, but in the deepest state, this correlates with being Still, all movement comes from Stillness, so establish these two within Yourself and Mind will not be a problem..

Create a space btwn what is You and what is not You, Body and Mind are accumulations, things You have gathered, what is You is before all of this, call it Life to not complicate it, so realize this absolutely and Mind is yours to Use..

The 8 step Yoga path works well here, each step allows You to get these things established within You, its technology that we use, don't identify with it, just use it for Your own wellbeing:)

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

You need a structured routine to give your life meaning.

Read the 5am Club by Robin Sharma.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

I think controlling your mind is like directing your thoughts consciously.

No thought is no observer.

Pure emptiness 

In experiential reality,one can think nothing In meditation but still observe with no thought that black screen .

In imagination based reality, one can observer with no thought too

But most of the people react to imagination as reality, the images that paint our minds.

Controlling your mind in imagination based reality is to watch your thoughts passing constantly and instead of holding onto those thoughts that come,try to focus on thoughts u wish to think consciously

It's Like training.

16 minutes ago, thierry said:

how do you find time to meditate 3-4hours a day ?? 

How many hours do you sleep? If sleep 3 hours and meditate 3 hours, it is better than sleeping 6 hours for me.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 hours ago, Creatorbeing said:

But most of the people react to imagination as reality

Imagination IS reality. Matter of fact it is the only reality. 

I can explain but ill let these videos do it.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Doing meditation is good. You are taking back control of your mind when you actually sit to meditate. You will be less easily distracted by things.

Posted (edited)

Start chanting a mantra its used to stop thinking. You will chant and be thinking at the same time the longer you do it the more the monkey will stop and it will teach you to focus on what you are doing. Once your mind stops its hard for it to start up again and you will be free for a moment.

Once you do this your mind will see that thinking is useless 90 percent and will calmn down.

If you do it enough you will be able to set your body on auto pilot mantra and leave your body. I have never done it but gotten close enough to see its a possibility.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

Sounds like you are having a rough time. Do you think it would help to find ways to release the emotions you have when you think those thoughts? You may have had trauma that has you worried about things like your girlfriend cheating on you. Things like journaling about what you are thinking/feeling or talking with a supportive friend or a therapist could help you take these thoughts and emotions out of your head and help you worry less.

Edited by Jordan