Avidya

How often do you do heavy metal detox/chelate?

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

See title.

Once you've done a heavy round of chelation or other means of detox, how often do you do it to maintain and keep heavy metals from building up in the body?

Edited by Avidya

Posted (edited)

A lot of rounds are required. At least 20-30 rounds. You can do them every other week for a year. Then see how you feel. You may need to do even more.

1 or 2 rounds is not going to do much for you.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

You are done when you can tolerate large dosages of ALA ( there is a formula ) without any side effect. Then you chelate for 6 months more and you're done . Unless you screw yourself up again.

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

It also depends on how long your rounds are, how many doses you take per round, and how much heavy metals you have accumulated. In 20-30 rounds you will probably feel a lot better but in my experience that's not enough. As you keep going you can do longer rounds and do them less frequent which makes things easier. It's hard to quantify how many rounds you should do, just keep going until you feel better and then continue to do maintenance rounds after that. Perhaps a good estimate is plan to detox for 2-5 years (i think this is what the book recommends). Hope this helps.

Ok thanks!

I’ve been using NAC daily for over 5 years and it seems to be really helpful.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 3/8/2024 at 10:23 AM, Yimpa said:

I’ve been using NAC daily for over 5 years and it seems to be really helpful.

Helpful for what?

Posted (edited)

"NAC seems to have a direct mineral chelating effect, meaning it can bind tightly to certain minerals and aid in their removal from the body. In rodents, decreased tissue accumulation and increased urinary excretion of lead has been observed following NAC supplementation,[1] and in humans, a reduction in serum lead has been found.[2] Standard oral doses of NAC appear to be protective against lead toxicity in humans, possibly related to a reduction in lead accumulation in the body and reducing oxidative stress.

Lead is a heavy mineral that can be toxic to the human body. Exposure to lead causes oxidative stress in the body, which seems to deplete both cellular and enzymatic antioxidants, including glutathione.[3] NAC is thought to alleviate the toxic effects of lead by aiding in its removal from the body while also acting as a building block for the synthesis of new glutathione.[1][4]

In animal studies, NAC has shown protective effects (assessed by biomarkers in serum and histopathological examination) against lead toxicity in the kidneys,[1] the brain,[4][5] and liver tissue.[5] In workers with high levels of occupational lead exposure, oral supplementation of 200–800 mg of N-acetylcysteine daily for 12 weeks reduced blood concentrations of lead and improved markers of oxidative stress.[2]"

https://examine.com/supplements/n-acetylcysteine/faq/does-n-acetylcysteine-help-with-lead-toxicity/

@YimpaI'm surprised I've never heard about NAC for this, thanks form informing us.

Edited by Archie

Posted (edited)

@Archie ACC recommends to stay the fk away from NAC unless strictly needed. Careful with pulling random sources of information on chelation. If not done safely you can seriously screw yourself up

IMG_20240311_234132.jpg

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

5 times a day

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Posted (edited)

@mmKay I agree, but there are dangers of taking ALA and DMSA if you do it wrong. I have similar skepticisms around things like zeolite nanoparticles just because I don't know enough about them. Id need to investigate further but based on what I am seeing these things seem promising.

Edited by Archie

3 hours ago, mmKay said:

@Archie ACC recommends to stay the fk away from NAC unless strictly needed. Careful with pulling random sources of information on chelation. If not done safely you can seriously screw yourself up

IMG_20240311_234132.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

Glutathione in the body gets converted to its inactive form by oxidants so a better supplement would be that which reactivates glutathione inactive form.

"Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA): ALA is an antioxidant compound that can help regenerate glutathione by recycling oxidized glutathione back into its active form. ALA also has antioxidant properties of its own, further supporting the body's defenses against oxidative stress."

"Milk thistle (silymarin): Milk thistle extract, specifically its active component silymarin, has been shown to increase glutathione levels in the liver by stimulating its synthesis and preventing its depletion. It also has hepatoprotective properties and supports liver function."

"Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps regenerate oxidized glutathione back to its reduced, active form. Additionally, vitamin C can directly scavenge free radicals and protect glutathione from oxidative damage, further supporting its antioxidant function."

Chatgpt

I take NAC as a daily supplement. It's fine. It's not doing chelation.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you take any for brain cells protection? 

Posted (edited)

NAC good for hangovers too lol.

Although I've read that taking it daily can cause a "stagnant" mood as it creates too strong of a baseline, not allowing for high emotional states, of course the good is that it does the opposite for low moods as well. 

Edited by Francis777

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not a direct chelating agent but it seems like it could be possible that it helps aid in the chelating process

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Do you take any for brain cells protection? 

I take it in the hopes of various health benefits. But who knows what it really does.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I take it in the hopes of various health benefits. But who knows what it really does.

I meant, do you take other supplements, specifically to protect your brain?

20 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I meant, do you take other supplements, specifically to protect your brain?

I take many supplements for various reasons.

On 3/11/2024 at 4:58 PM, Archie said:

Helpful for what?

OCD. Perhaps mental health conditions and heavy metals have a deeper connection than we think. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI