Ayham

How do you guys not beat yourselves up?

29 posts in this topic

On 05/03/2024 at 10:58 PM, Schizophonia said:

Is the purpose of spirituality to treat chronic anxiety disorder? lol

Yep, that and much much more.

It is about overcoming all your fears.

❤️

@Ayham Enjoy the process of being a level 1.

Appreciate the awareness of the fact that you are not exactly where you want to be and see it as a fun puzzle to solve. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

@Ayham when you feel like berating yourself become consciously aware that you are imperfect and vulnerable by the very fact that you are a human being 

IFS. Even just knowing the theory is helpful imo.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Ulax said:

IFS. Even just knowing the theory is helpful imo.

I also recommend ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I have a pattern of beating myself up. Calling myself dumb over what I assume to be something simple like knowing how to use an electric power drill without much experience. Stuff like that.

It's improving with the continual catching myself and reminding myself that its nonsensical to make assumptions about how long it should take for something to learn, to assume I should know how to X based on Y, Z etc...

Expectation = Suffering! -Buddha

I say routine affirmations like I acceot myself as I am, I am compassionate towards myself etc.

2 hours ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

I say routine affirmations like I acceot myself as I am, I am compassionate towards myself etc.

That is a nice grounding technique. One may assume that it is just tricking yourself with thoughts, therefore it is a distraction. However, using this as an opportunity to become aware of what thoughts actually are to begin with is what will change your perspective.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

You may not be able to choose to be in an abusive environment, but you do have the power to leave that situation. Find that power within you.