Inliytened1

The importance of Suffering

236 posts in this topic

Let's open it up - 

@Water by the River I would like to hear your thoughts .

I have come to the realization that suffering was the catalyst in my awakenings - the initial one of no self, (this includes the subsequent awakenings that came thereafter) and now, six years later, another awakening.  Again, suffering.  Yes, in the first one, i meditated, but after that they came spontaneously.   So i do beleive suffering was behind it - and the meditation just brought it home.

I didn't realize how important sufffering was in awakening until now.  I knew it was huge, but I didn't think I could ever awaken again  until i expereinced immense suffering again - similar to what i felt 6 years back when i awoke.

Thoughts guys?

Edited by Inliytened1

 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Inliytened1 Suffering is the key. I lost my dad, have open heart surgery, and live alone no family members were near me. Therefore, I decided to retreat by myself in darkness and silence. Every week, I did 10 gr dried shrooms with lemon take. Moreover, I lived in darkness and silence for 3 months. I lost 20 pounds. Lol. With that I recognize what enlightenment is and what love is. Since then I am in love. 

I am happy for you brother. What an amazing gift you have right now. Do you know? Appreciation is inevitable. 


"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No shit.. I don't really tell anyone about how much suffering I went through and it cannot be expressed accurately either with words. I went through a lot of hell and countless heartbreaks in this lifetime.


I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

         ┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

                           天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, James123 said:

@Inliytened1 Suffering is the key. I lost my dad, have open heart surgery, and live alone no family members were near me. Therefore, I decided to retreat by myself in darkness and silence. Every week, I did 10 gr dried shrooms with lemon take. Moreover, I lived in darkness and silence for 3 months. I lost 20 pounds. Lol. With that I recognize what enlightenment is and what love is. Since then I am in love. 

I am happy for you brother. What an amazing gift you have right now. Do you know? Appreciation is inevitable. 

Thanks brother, I love you.  It is a miracle.  But we are one.


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, puporing said:

No shit.. I don't really tell anyone about how much suffering I went through and it cannot be expressed accurately either with words. I went through a lot of hell and countless heartbreaks in this lifetime.

Yeah.  But did you really know how actually "required" it is?  we never talk about that.  We just talk about meditation and psychedelics.

Yes, we knew that if you put yourself into immense suffering alone like Christ did on the stake then you would become God - but honestly it never really hit home for me until now.

It's MANDATORY.

Edited by Inliytened1

 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Thanks brother, I love you.  It is a miracle.  But we are one.

I love you too brother!!!

All is one, one is all. Unbelievable, unbelievable. 

Much love!!!


"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yeah.  But did you really know how actually "required" it is?  we never talk about that.  We just talk about meditation and psychedelics.

Yes, we knew that if you put yourself into immense suffering alone like Christ did on the stake then you would become God - but honestly it never really hit home for me until now.

It's MANDATORY.

Yeah I knew that since awhile back. And I also knew that was the main reason I was ahead of you guys even tho you don't yet believe me. 

I don't say everything I know on this forum fyi, not yet anyway, coz I could get booted for saying contrarian things, I'm not naive about that. So if nobody is ready for "new material" I will not say it in the open. Also it's pretty sensitive at times like it gets personal. 


I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

         ┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

                           天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, James123 said:

I love you too brother!!!

All is one, one is all. Unbelievable, unbelievable. 

Much love!!!

It truly is.  It is so remarkable.  I know we have our struggles in everyday life.  I certainly have them.  But God realization just sets you completely free.  And you don't have to kill the physical body to do it, that's whats so beautiful about it.


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, puporing said:

Yeah I knew that since awhile back. And I also knew that was the main reason I was ahead of you guys even tho you don't yet believe me. 

I don't say everything I know on this forum fyi, not yet anyway, coz I could get booted for saying contrarian things, I'm not naive about that. So if nobody is ready for "new material" I will not say it in the open. Also it's pretty sensitive at times like it gets personal. 

We talked some time last year and you had not really awoken yet.   Obviously that has changed.  I am sorry I didn't give you the respect you deserved before for that - there are not many enlightened beings on this forum, there are only a handful.  It is really good to be with you.


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, puporing said:

Yeah I knew that since awhile back. And I also knew that was the main reason I was ahead of you guys even tho you don't yet believe me. 

I don't say everything I know on this forum fyi, not yet anyway, coz I could get booted for saying contrarian things, I'm not naive about that. So if nobody is ready for "new material" I will not say it in the open. Also it's pretty sensitive at times like it gets personal. 

What do you mean by being way ahead, and whats this new material you are referring to?  I would be interested in hearing about it, and I won't ban you or anything, so don't worry about that.  But one thing I will say, is that we have all checked our ego at the door.   There isn't really one person ahead of another here, we're all on the path.

Edited by Inliytened1

 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, suffering and dissatisfaction is the fuel for the whole spiritual journey.

In a positive sense it's the pull towards freedom/god/liberation. It's the same.

All of buddhism is about reducing suffering.


In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arthogaan said:

Yup, suffering and dissatisfaction is the fuel for the whole spiritual journey.

In a positive sense it's the pull towards freedom/god/liberation. It's the same.

All of buddhism is about reducing suffering.

Excactly.  But still - i still wonder why some who suffer so deep don't awaken.  -  They commit suicide.  I don't understand.  Maybe Leo will put a video out on this - i mean, he's the genius.  But I just wonder why some awaken via suffering and some don't.  Maybe they never got exposed to spirituality or maybe their mind just didn't expand enough.


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

All of buddhism is about reducing suffering.

Buddhism in a nutshell...

The four noble truths.. :

1 life sucks. 

2 life sucks because you are an idiot. 

3 it is possible for life not to suck if you stop being an idiot. 

4 you stop being an idiot by wanting nothing. Desiring nothing. 

The real 4 noble truths tho... 

1 life is suffering. 

2 life is suffering because of desire. 

3 it is possible for life not to be suffering. 

4 the end of suffering is the end of desire. 

 


"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, suffering is 'just' fire getting to the ego, until the point it burns so fucking much you have to surrender and still sit for the fucking meditation. Then something might open up.

sitting for the meditation but thinking afterwards I want to go to the amusement park with my gf...yeah, it probably not going to work. You have to be absolutely beaten by life and still surrender that there is something worthwhile seeing.

In other ways, Reality is a test of Love for the ego in a way. Can you still have faith and Love even when everything feels is horrible? That´s your true self intuiting that the ego has constructed the lie


A thought is never true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

We talked some time last year and you had not really awoken yet.   Obviously that has changed.  I am sorry I didn't give you the respect you deserved before for that - there are not many enlightened beings on this forum, there are only a handful.  It is really good to be with you.

I did, I was already ahead of you back then when we talked, but you weren't ready for that possibility so it didn't go anywhere. Right now where you're at I would say was roughly where I was at when I talked to you that time. There's not much point arguing about this though and I prefer not to get into it but just to say you didn't really understand where I was, and now is also a similar situation..

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

What do you mean by being way ahead, and whats this new material you are referring to?  I would be interested in hearing about it, and I won't ban you or anything, so don't worry about that.  But one thing I will say, is that we have all checked our ego at the door.   There isn't really one person ahead of another here, we're all on the path.

Why is it that when Leo tells you he's ahead you're all for it or okay with him saying that but when I say it you are subtly suggesting I am coming from ego? It's really not from ego. How else am I gonna share it if I don't try to tell you there's more awakening? If I try to be extremely quiet about it then it'll just get buried. 

But yes I know ultimately you will arrive to the same place. But someone has to point you to it. In this case it happens to be "my turn". No problem. It could've been you too I guess.

New material is christ teachings, I shared it with you before I think. 


I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

         ┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

                           天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Excactly.  But still - i still wonder why some who suffer so deep don't awaken.  -  They commit suicide.  I don't understand.  Maybe Leo will put a video out on this - i mean, he's the genius.  But I just wonder why some awaken via suffering and some don't.  Maybe they never got exposed to spirituality or maybe their mind just didn't expand enough.

@Arthogaanwell, actually i do know the answer to my own question.   It's because there is only me.  I don't like to face that most times, that other people are imaginary.

it's hard to swallow, so I normally don't go there.  But you don't have to answer, because I already know.  It's just so fucked up.  Its super fucked up.  Of course, that's just my perspective, that isn't God's.  So to God, the nature of reality doesn't depend on what we think about it.  And i realize that it must be this way.  It must, because of Oneness.  

Edited by Inliytened1

 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for being open regarding suffering. This made me realize how much I’ve overcome, and I appreciate more the divine intelligence at work here! So, without further ado, here’s my own experiences regarding suffering:

I am familiar with suffering. Doctors told my mom I wasn’t even supposed to be born, but that obviously was proven wrong. However, my birth did come with complications. For example, I’ve had many medical conditions growing up, such as severe eczema and allergies. That took over a decade to overcome. 

I’ve also had to trial dozens of conventional medications for mental health conditions, yet none of them ever worked in the long-term. So I finally said to hell with it and slowly started transitioning to healing in alternative ways (e.g. leaving religion, meditation retreats, psychedelic therapy, exploring my gender and sexuality in unconventional, yet authentic ways, etc.).

In conclusion, my childhood and young adult years were extremely difficult, but I was able to overcome those insane challenges. Suffering in my life isn’t 100% gone, but it also doesn’t need to be. I continue to make great improvements to this day… slowly, but surely.

(I am also aware that I imagined this Perfectly, despite all the apparent mistakes and impurities..!)


“Why was the math book always alone? Because it had too many problems to solve on its own!“ -Claude 3 Opus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

But still - i still wonder why some who suffer so deep don't awaken.  -  They commit suicide. 

Hmmm. Now that I think of it maybe suffering is not enough. Maybe it's something like being fed up with one's current way of being.

Maybe

Being fed up/will to change = amount of suffering * insight/inteligence

Because for some people change is so scary that it actually in a way is more comfortable to stay in current way of being.

Massaro says that if you don't change some behaviour it's because deep inside you still believe there is a benefit to that behaviour. Like for example some can subconsciously believe thst staying asleep and in suffering maybe is terrible but it ensures things like security, being understood and so on.

So until the benefits of change outweight the scary parts like not being understood, going crazy - the person won't change.

And for some it may be that not being understood, being alone, changing is scarier even than death.

Also commiting suicide is just ego screaming for help. Sending a signal "look how much I suffered because od you world, so much that I'm going to kill myself".

 


In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, puporing said:

I did, I was already ahead of you back then when we talked, but you weren't ready for that possibility so it didn't go anywhere. Right now where you're at I would say was roughly where I was at when I talked to you that time. There's not much point arguing about this though and I prefer not to get into it but just to say you didn't really understand where I was, and now is also a similar situation..

Why is it that when Leo tells you he's ahead you're all for it or okay with him saying that but when I say it you are subtly suggesting I am coming from ego? It's really not from ego. How else am I gonna share it if I don't try to tell you there's more awakening? If I try to be extremely quiet about it then it'll just get buried. 

But yes I know ultimately you will arrive to the same place. But someone has to point you to it. In this case it happens to be "my turn". No problem. It could've been you too I guess.

New material is christ teachings, I shared it with you before I think. 

I disagree with leo on certain aspects of enlightenment so I am not okay with everything he says.   but he is right about a TON.  a ton.  But there are a few things he is wrong about, and that's OK.  It is just where he is at on the path.  And that's just my perspective.  For all i know, in his reality, he has everything right.  And so could you - So 'm not discounting your enlightnement by any means.   But ahead of "us" I just don't understand what that means, Please explain.

Edited by Inliytened1

 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well..life sucks and then you die .simple as that .

If you have not yet realized this you are not fully awake xD


"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now