yetineti

Plant based?

60 posts in this topic

Am I missing any supplements or does anyone have advice to build upon?

I forgot to mention, I try to stay away from dairy and make my own oat milk and eat goat cheese.

On 2/27/2024 at 11:06 AM, yetineti said:

I noticed ‘plant based diet’ mentioned in the fundamentals portion of the site.

Where do you stand on that? Do you eat meat?

Plant based diets are super unhealthy.

1 hour ago, yetineti said:

Am I missing any supplements or does anyone have advice to build upon?

I forgot to mention, I try to stay away from dairy and make my own oat milk and eat goat cheese.

All supplements are bad. You should always get your vitamines and minerals from the right nutrition.

57 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

56 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

All supplements are bad. You should always get your vitamines and minerals from the right nutrition.

Dude there are already many comments arguing for and against veganism. What value do you think you provide with these comments? 

21 minutes ago, Jannes said:

Dude there are already many comments arguing for and against veganism. What value do you think you provide with these comments? 

It is not my problem if you don't see value in it.

I just mentioned that all supplements are bad, which is the case.

And this comes from someone that took 30+ different supplements per day in the past.

On 02/03/2024 at 7:24 PM, Nilsi said:

My diet used to be quite similar to that of Mr. Jason (except I consumed more fruit, in the style of Ray Peat). However, after some time, it became clear to me that this approach was neither sustainable, ethical, nor optimal for my health. What I will say is that this way of eating provides a ton of energy, albeit of very low quality. Essentially, you sacrifice mental clarity and all higher faculties for a very crude, adolescent-like energy.

Because you lake energy, "crud" energy is not energy it's just stress.

-If you eat plenty of milk or certain starches (especially wheat, and to a lesser extent all kind of strongly hybrided strach), exorphins can pass through the blood-brain barrier and inhibit CNS.

-Also, it's a bit different with coconut oil and MCT oils in general, but long chains SFA maintain glucose oxydation, so if you had the habit of eating carbs with butter, tallow or things like that it can trigger randle cycle to a more extent than SFA, the more calories you eat in that way the way you find yourself with glycemic interference and by extension chronic inflammation, which both inhibit CNS and increase stress hormones (which inhibit some parts of the SNC too).

-Ray Peat diet have isn't generally high if antioxydant and anti-inflammatory compound.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Posted (edited)

On 02/03/2024 at 7:24 PM, Nilsi said:

with heavy supplementation on the nootropic side. 

Don't you fear tolerance? :ph34r:
There will be one, sooner or later.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

22 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I just mentioned that all supplements are bad, which is the case.

And this comes from someone that took 30+ different supplements per day in the past.

That and that "Plant based diets are super unhealthy."

Says who?

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Jannes said:

That and that "Plant based diets are super unhealthy."

Says who?

Aajonus Vonderplanitz

Edited by Unlimited

On 2/27/2024 at 11:06 AM, yetineti said:

I noticed ‘plant based diet’ mentioned in the fundamentals portion of the site.

Where do you stand on that? Do you eat meat?

I am Vegan for ethical reasons.

But there's also a lot of evidence to suggest that a whole food Vegan diet is the best diet for longevity as it is (in a variety of meta-analyses) associated with a longer life-expectancy (based on all-cause mortality). It is particularly associated with lower incidences of heart disease.

I recommend checking out this creator on YouTube who is a scientist who has her PhD and shares the direct results of studies and meta-analyses... especially ones that relate to whole food plant-based eating vs other diets. 

Here's a fairly recent video from her channel...

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald how long have you been vegan and do you take any supplements? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

8 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@Emerald how long have you been vegan and do you take any supplements? 

I've been Vegan for almost 8 years with absolutely no meat... but I did sometimes falter in discipline and spend a few months here and there eating mostly Vegan with some Vegetarian foods. 

So, of this 8 years... I probably spent 6 years of it purely Vegan and 2 year of it mostly Vegan but with some Vegetarian foods.

And I don't usually take many supplements. Just B12... which I typically get through enriched foods like nutritional yeast. 

Some supplements can be linked to adverse effect... like vitamin D and Calcium supplements. So, I try to get most of my nutrients through food.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Unlimited said:

15 hours ago, Unlimited said:

To anyone who has taken the time to understand the nuances of nutrition, statements like these are just laughable because it shows your own ignorance. I don't mean that in any negative way but you just haven't explored enough. You got complacent too early. 

Trust me I have been there when I discovered Robert More and then Veganism, suddenly everything made sense and I though I had answers to everything. I was buying herbal tinctures, doing enemas and convincing myself that iam detoxing my parasites and viruses and what have you. Then I realised all these extreme diets are mostly bs stemming from experiences of a few people who have been very sick and have found some help and then decided that they would be a wise commercial opportunity or that everyone should follow it. 

But guess what, life isn't that black and white. Things aren't just bad or good just because a guy on the internet says so. You don't need to eat raw diet to be healthy and to stay healthy. AV had a myeloma and a few other major health problems, maybe he had to....maybe. I don't know. But most people certainly don't have to eat raw meat. In fact it would be highly detrimental to the society if that turned out to be the case. 

You can be perfectly happy on a balanced diet and your life does not need to slide into this monotonous misery where you will just disagree with everyone and this new thing becomes an obsession that completely clouds your judgement so that you end up trying to convince the internet that it is wrong. 

We had AV topics here many times and we had many carnivores and vegans and raw meat eaters. We had people drinking piss around here. We had folks gazing at sun at the midday. We had insaney crazy vegans, rude and ruthless carnivores. The forum has seen it all. This is nothing new, these topics are argued all over the internet. But for heaven's sake don't be so lazy with your health and keep digging and keep researching, you will be surprised that the further you go, the simpler the answers become and you get to a stage where you realise what you have been told by others isn't mostly all bad. 

Wishing you well man, don't settle so easily. You only have one health, don't wreck it needlesly 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

13 hours ago, Michael569 said:

To anyone who has taken the time to understand the nuances of nutrition, statements like these are just laughable because it shows your own ignorance. I don't mean that in any negative way but you just haven't explored enough. You got complacent too early. 

Trust me I have been there when I discovered Robert More and then Veganism, suddenly everything made sense and I though I had answers to everything. I was buying herbal tinctures, doing enemas and convincing myself that iam detoxing my parasites and viruses and what have you. Then I realised all these extreme diets are mostly bs stemming from experiences of a few people who have been very sick and have found some help and then decided that they would be a wise commercial opportunity or that everyone should follow it. 

But guess what, life isn't that black and white. Things aren't just bad or good just because a guy on the internet says so. You don't need to eat raw diet to be healthy and to stay healthy. AV had a myeloma and a few other major health problems, maybe he had to....maybe. I don't know. But most people certainly don't have to eat raw meat. In fact it would be highly detrimental to the society if that turned out to be the case. 

You can be perfectly happy on a balanced diet and your life does not need to slide into this monotonous misery where you will just disagree with everyone and this new thing becomes an obsession that completely clouds your judgement so that you end up trying to convince the internet that it is wrong. 

We had AV topics here many times and we had many carnivores and vegans and raw meat eaters. We had people drinking piss around here. We had folks gazing at sun at the midday. We had insaney crazy vegans, rude and ruthless carnivores. The forum has seen it all. This is nothing new, these topics are argued all over the internet. But for heaven's sake don't be so lazy with your health and keep digging and keep researching, you will be surprised that the further you go, the simpler the answers become and you get to a stage where you realise what you have been told by others isn't mostly all bad. 

Wishing you well man, don't settle so easily. You only have one health, don't wreck it needlesly 

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my comment.

I didn't mean it in a bad way.
My goal really is to help the people in this forum.

I don't say everyone needs to do this diet, it would be good if people in here at least start to cut off things like seeds oils, processed sugar, processed food.

From my own and the experience of many others I can say that this diet is life changing.
It's okay if you don't see it this way.

May I ask if you ever tried the Primal Diet?

17 hours ago, Jannes said:

There are two books of him that you can read before you give your opinion:

1. We want to live

2. The recipe for living without disease

Both are by A.V.

It is not good to just judge someone.

8 hours ago, Unlimited said:

I don't say everyone needs to do this diet, it would be good if people in here at least start to cut off things like seeds oils, processed sugar, processed food.

I agree, but the quantum leap is then presupposing that the whole foods one does consume should be raw/uncooked, and to that I strongly, respectfully disagree.

It is not good to just judge someone.

I dont just judge him. I read the whole wikipedia article about him. 

There are two books of him that you can read before you give your opinion:

1. We want to live

2. The recipe for living without disease

Both are by A.V.

I won't waste my time and money with books which dont seem promising.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Jannes said:

I dont just judge him. I read the whole wikipedia article about him. 

I won't waste my time and money with books which dont seem promising.

You can get the pdf files for free.

Just reading a wikipedia article is not enough.
This really shows how ignorant you are.

It is your decision tho and I respect that.

Edited by Unlimited

9 hours ago, Jason Actualization said:

I agree, but the quantum leap is then presupposing that the whole foods one does consume should be raw/uncooked, and to that I strongly, respectfully disagree.

Why do you disagree?