Keryo Koffa

Can you give me advice on talking to god?

10 posts in this topic

I'm afraid of the responsibility. I've really just been hiding. I've gotten the intuition of god many times on psychedelics but it feels like I'm constantly postproning it. I was about to pray multiple times, but I wasn't sure about the contents because I feel that asking for something to happen is selfish so I keep overthinking and backing away, double guessing if my wishes should really come true, I treat it like an emergency button and all too often feel unworthy of it. Especially since I have the natural path I can walk and I might be asked to be more selfless in return. I feel like I should be spearhedding some kind of movement to do something for humanity or the earth, but there are many passions I have and I feel like with that responsibility there'd be no room for me left.

What would you do, how do you see it, what advice would you give me?

When you say "asking for something to happen" what do you mean exactly? I feel that many people when praying aren't practicing devotion and are simply asking for specific things to happen to them. Work on lessening your ego through meditation so you can hear that inner voice. When you speak to God realize that you are God, you are never without God, he is with you wherever you go. It would be a better practice to give yourself over to him, relinquish your desire for whatever you are praying for and practice acceptance. Learn to align with the God and devote yourself to living your life from there. God is within you so you have to meditate and figure out how your mind works.

What movement would you be spearheading? This is not the path.

Stop looking for what you should or shouldn't do, work on just being aware enough to feel what is best for yourself. When moments of clarity arise you want to be aware enough to make the mindful decision.  Not all decisions should come from thinking. Listen to your body.

Experiment with different ways to meditate and different forms of yoga, I would recommend kriya yoga

life only listens to a prayer, the proyection of your mind. You are a force that pushes, like everything that lives. You must connect with that which lives and pushes, and be that. then you see clearly that you must go with the flow and stop interpreting. just flow and try to release the greatest vital energy in you

The only worthy thought is the thought of God

Prayer is a way to focus your attention in God

If you don't know how to pray or what to pray for, tell God that you don't know how to pray and that he himself should teach you how to pray. Sustain as much as possible a chain of thoughts without break to God and God alone. Connect with him.

You may call him by any name you prefer. For example God or Infinity. And go on calling him tirelessly all day long. Connection with the breath helps in this proccess. If you call someone by his name whether it is with love, boredom or hate, he answers. In the same way, if you call God by whatever state you find yourself in, he is bound to make his presence felt to you; sooner or later. If you are distracted pray for him to remove that hindrance, if you are tired, bored or sleepy, adhere with even more fervour to his name. The same way when one is ill he takes medicine, when any obstacle rises in the communion with God through prayer, one should take God's name with even more fervour as the medicine that will heal him from all ailments. In this way, one will enter prolonged states of God intensity and oneness.

This is how prayer works at the highest level, in case it is useful for you

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

Ask for mercy and eternal life.

"Call to Me, and I will answer you. And I will show you great and wonderful things which you do not know."

Realize that every expression is God. Needing God to be one particular way is a trap.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

God is found through Love. Discover that you are Love and how you generate it, and you discover God. The path is the path of the heart. Your mind has erected a barrier through symbols and meaning. You need to love without a condition, have a desire for a thing to be the way it is and not some other way. Practice Feeling Unconditional Love and then you find God. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

52 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

God is found through Love. Discover that you are Love and how you generate it, and you discover God. The path is the path of the heart. Your mind has erected a barrier through symbols and meaning. You need to love without a condition, have a desire for a thing to be the way it is and not some other way. Practice Feeling Unconditional Love and then you find God. 

+1 

The greatest work by the greatest humans has always been done from a place of love, in any domain

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Paradoxed @Davino I feel as if I'm not doing enough. That I should make an effort to change to world to a better place. At the same time, I am aware that it is difficult and every person had a different perspective on what's ideal. I do feel that because I have the capacity to do something to help save the planet, or help the homeless, or do volunteer work or take on a humanitarian profession, that I am morally obligated to do so.

At the same time, my actual interests push me towards art and technology, in a light of explorative curiosity. And that's where I can challenge myself, create nuanced expression and dedicate myself at full focus without the regret of wanting to be doing something else.

I would pray for health, though I'd feel partially guilty since my health is something within my control, so I'd be offloading responsibility for something I am capable of influencing out of laziness, and that I would feel ashamed to ask for.

But my deepest and most intimate desire is not actually something material at all. There are others that I lost contact with and some of which died that I miss deeply and the connections we made drive me forward and give me meaning. What I'd pray for is the ability to visit them in my dreams. And if I could do that, then I feel like I'd be set for life, since those bonds are all I ever wanted. That would fill me with energy, though it not yet being the case, I wonder if that has a reason, whether I'd turn complacent if that which I desire the most was given to me. But I can't stop desiring it.

18 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@Paradoxed @Davino I feel as if I'm not doing enough. That I should make an effort to change to world to a better place. At the same time, I am aware that it is difficult and every person had a different perspective on what's ideal. I do feel that because I have the capacity to do something to help save the planet, or help the homeless, or do volunteer work or take on a humanitarian profession, that I am morally obligated to do so.

At the same time, my actual interests push me towards art and technology, in a light of explorative curiosity. And that's where I can challenge myself, create nuanced expression and dedicate myself at full focus without the regret of wanting to be doing something else.

I would pray for health, though I'd feel partially guilty since my health is something within my control, so I'd be offloading responsibility for something I am capable of influencing out of laziness, and that I would feel ashamed to ask for.

But my deepest and most intimate desire is not actually something material at all. There are others that I lost contact with and some of which died that I miss deeply and the connections we made drive me forward and give me meaning. What I'd pray for is the ability to visit them in my dreams. And if I could do that, then I feel like I'd be set for life, since those bonds are all I ever wanted. That would fill me with energy, though it not yet being the case, I wonder if that has a reason, whether I'd turn complacent if that which I desire the most was given to me. But I can't stop desiring it.

God has a holy purpose for you.