JustinS

Kriya Yoga

14 posts in this topic

Currently finishing up Autobiography of a Yogi. Has anyone here received lessons  of this technique? Read it cost around $270 and nearly 3 years to study the technique. 

IMG_6182.PNG

I have a good in the book list which gives you all the secret techniques in full detail.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You can get the e-book with full instructions by Yogananda for like a buck here, I think you can also get it for free if I remember right. 

https://www.amazon.com.au/Kriya-Yoga-Swami-Yogananda-ebook/dp/B00BWF3XHY

I haven't practiced Kriya as Yogananda taught it but I used to practice a spinal breathing pranayama which I'm fairly certain has been adapted from Kriya. I've compared the lessons and think it's the same thing so I feel some authority to say that I believe it might be one of the most accelerated technologies for spiritual advancement on the planet. 

I suggest you take a look at aypsite.org for their spinal breathing pranayama

I recently received initiation into Kriya Yoga and spent a weekend learning the technique. Initiation is not joining a cult, by the way. I found it non-creepy and all I was basically agreeing to was (a) to accept the Kriya yoga organization as my teacher of Kriya yoga (you see the limited restriction) and (b) not to teach the technique to others, i.e., they don't want people to get the training and then set up Kriya yoga studios on every street corner.

Kriya is very much the spiritual, meditative non-workout side of yoga. I recommend it to anyone who wants to add a yoga dimension to their meditation practice, or a meditation dimension to their yoga practice. I paid Canadian $200 for the whole training and will never have to pay another cent to the organization, unless I want to make small donations at certain special events. You can get cheap copies of the instructions or method but I recommend you pony up for the real training from the organization if this appeals to you as there's a lot of devil in the details.

20 hours ago, Sage_Elias said:

@Leo Gura what are your thoughts on Kriya yoga? 

I think it has a lot of potential.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Got Guru diksha yesterday and what it cost me was less than 2$. 

Swami said these things are free and he is happy to share.  

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Hi. I've been practicing Kriya yoga for a long time, and I honestly can't recommend SRF. I have heard multiple times their teachings have been changed and are not the "original" Kriya Yoga of Lahiri Mahasaya. I just think you should look somewhere else, there are plenty of options, even online, there is a known free book that has shared basically all the secret techniques by someone with decades of Kriya yoga practice. Maybe you should start there! Cheers.

@Leo Gura Would you be willing to share the name of that book ?

I can't afford to buy the book list.

I really can't,no kidding.

Edited by captainamerica

1 hour ago, captainamerica said:

@Leo Gura Would you be willing to share the name of that book ?

I can't afford to buy the book list.

I really can't,no kidding.

Idk if this is the one on the book-list, but here are instructions supposedly by yogananda, and it's 2 bucks

6 hours ago, Arman said:

Idk if this is the one on the book-list, but here are instructions supposedly by yogananda, and it's 2 bucks

Instructions are not clear and difficult to follow. Also,it has only a part of the whole Kriya system that one needs to follow.

Edited by captainamerica

The system is incomplete sadly.

I did a lot of research into this. I have all the books, they will only get you so far, because it got corrupted by the guy who recieved it from Babaji. He (not Babaji) expressed it differently for people thinking they wouldn't be able to do it (or shouldnt) and it got corrupted as it got passed down through oral transmission (the way all these lineages work).