Theplay

Why is there something rather than nothing.

55 posts in this topic

At the beginning there are no rules or limits.

The two options are:

Ether something exists.

Or nothing exists.

Both must be the case since there are no rules/laws yet.

Yet nothing is not an experience.

Hence something exists.

2 minutes ago, Theplay said:

At the beginning there are no rules or limits.

The two options are:

Ether something exists.

Or nothing exists.

Both must be the case since there are no rules/laws yet.

Yet nothing is not an experience.

Hence something exists.

How do you know there is something?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 minute ago, James123 said:

How do you know there is something?

How do you not know there is something? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Because nothing exists. Tadaah

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

8 minutes ago, Theplay said:

@James123 If you deny there is something pinch yourself.

Who is the I that is being pinched when adding a pinch of salt to pot :D

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, PepperBlossoms said:

there is a book with this similar title... funny

There are also many cooking books that call for salt and pepper ;)

Appreciate the paradox. 

There is something. And there is nothing. 

Do you understand that a dream is both real and illusory simultaneously? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Leo already answered this because nothing is something. Thats the key to God. Finding out that nothing exists and its not just a made up thing.

Edited by Hojo

It is impossible for there to be nothing because there are no limits. If there were nothing, that would be a limit, the limit with something, and that is absolutely impossible, there cannot be, therefore there is everything. everything means that there is existence, and that is what we are, absence of limits

5 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Thats the key to God. Finding out that nothing exists and its not just a made up thing.

The only god that is is the absence of limits, reality simply is. It is like a nuclear reactor with infinite energy. It is something absolutely inexplicable, it cannot be thought or understood, it is magic with no other foundation than the absolute amplitude of the void.

1 hour ago, PepperBlossoms said:

there is a book with this similar title... funny

Also a video. God is stuck in a strange loop and keep asking the same questions. 100 yrs from now here comes the same question. Even in a 1000 years. Same shit.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

when you realize that you are in the absolute unlimited void, that you are that, that you are the pure existence that exists, freedom is total, nothing binds you, you have nothing behind you, no creator, you are not creating nothing, no one creates, everything is, logic is outside of this, it is a-logical. From the total depth of the void, perfecton arises. That's all, nothing can be known. Know means nothing. 

If you have a complete openness to what reality is and it seems that you are alone or that you are creating something,  that is ego. There is no more horrible realization than realizing that you are the causeless existence but realizing that you are alone. Trapped in an eternal prison with no escape. That shit leaves your body shaking and you feel sick. You also have to realize the complete absence of limits. there is no loneliness, no cause or creation, no reason, just pure existence. That's freedom. Be enlightened is something very strange, very difficult to maintain, you could be awake to some extent, but totally awake means be totally naked. It's the only possible way because everything else is false, just appearance, appearance weighs. The only way is to remove all the weight, until only emptiness remains. This does not mean that there is nothing, it means that it is indifferent, only existence exists. It has no meaning or sense. the moment you give it meaning, you have weight

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

How do you not know there is something? 

Anything that we know is an illusion itself.

Knowledge is the biggest illusion.

Buddha

2 hours ago, Theplay said:

@James123 If you deny there is something pinch yourself.

İ did, but how do we know that there is such a thing as pain or pleasure? How can you be sure of human knowledge? Truth is out of charts 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

This is why this forum is turning into a joke, I only have to read the first two responses, the rest are the same, everything is imaginary, nothings exists, its all made up in your mind, but when you ask them to pinch themselves, or I usually ask these types to drop a brick on their foot, they won't, because it will hurt and maybe wake them up...

They come back with "Who's the doing the dropping and bla bla bla", unreal...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Why is there Creation? You only ask this because You want to know the True nature of Yourself and Existence...

I do not Know exactly why there is Creation, all I know is that I am here, and there is everything else, other ppl, places and things, and a big Universe my or anyone's mind will never understand or be able to explain..Its just here, when You ask Why all sorts of stupid responses come back at You, none of it is Reality, no one knows why exactly, but You are a part of it, the story of Creation is within You, the whole history of it, You just have to seek it and find it within, You can Experience it, but never understand it...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

5 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

This is why this forum is turning into a joke, I only have to read the first two responses, the rest are the same, everything is imaginary, nothings exists, its all made up in your mind, but when you ask them to pinch themselves, or I usually ask these types to drop a brick on their foot, they won't, because it will hurt and maybe wake them up...

They come back with "Who's the doing the dropping and bla bla bla", unreal...

My responses was from the real openess 😂. Writing 1 min after a moment of dissolution. Seems stupid? Maybe, but are real. All your writing is second hand, from the mind, just software. Why you don't try to go to the hardware?

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

My responses was from the real openess 😂. Writing 1 min after a moment of dissolution. Seems stupid? Maybe, but are real. All your writing is second hand, from the mind, just software. Why you don't try to go to the hardware?

Bla Bla Bla, its time to come up with new things dude...You like the others here Assume too much, which means Your Clarity is not in place...I would say that Your Writing is second hand and is coming from a very very conditioned mind and past experiences, past does not exist, so Your coming from a place of non existence, which might mean you have some problems that need professional help...