shree

Pre-Trip Anxiety with 5-MeO-DMT

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,Two months ago, I had several profound experiences with 5-MeO-DMT, using doses of 15-20mg. Initially, I experienced some anxiety before the sessions, but I managed it quite well.

My body responded very positively, and despite the intensely profound nature of the experiences, I wouldn't describe them as frightening. In fact, I felt ready to go through the experience again just 10 minutes later without any fear.

However, I've encountered a problem now: knowing what to expect as soon as I vape the substance triggers a fear response, and I start shaking.

The techniques that helped me before, like Qigong and mindfulness meditation, no longer seem effective.

The moment I take the vaporizer, my only thought is "Shit, I am not ready for this..."

Are there any tips from experienced users?

Edited by shree

Learn to relax. That's all.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, shree said:

The moment I take the vaporizer, my only thought is "Shit, I am not ready for this..."

Yes, absolutely always is like that. The mind doesn't want to be broken. You have to force it. 5meo is always violence, but it worths it. 

Haha, yeah it’s scary. I think having healthy fear is a good thing. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, shree said:

You will never be 100% ready anyway.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

17 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

With the peak on MDMA you will be ready.100%

@shree  It's normal to feel fear before a trip as it is normal for a soldier to feel fear just before a battle. 

For the come-up phase try lying down comfortably with arms stretched open. Relax, surrender, positive self-loving self-talk. Focus on deeply breathing. 

@shree I made up my mind that I'm simply going to die.

I said "I love you" to my mom, my friends, all of that.

There's no more "buts" or "ifs." Time to die.

Going into it with firm conviction renders fear unnecessary.

Having a personal ritual helps, as opposed to haphazardly ingesting. 

It's Love.

On 14/02/2024 at 3:17 PM, Thought Art said:

Haha, yeah it’s scary. I think having healthy fear is a good thing. 

Your video was effective. I felt very calm afterwards, but as soon as I took the vaporizer in my hands, my anxiety returned as if I had done nothing.

On 14/02/2024 at 1:44 PM, Breakingthewall said:

Yes, absolutely always is like that. The mind doesn't want to be broken. You have to force it. 5meo is always violence, but it worths it. 

It was easy in the beginning. :D

On 14/02/2024 at 3:22 PM, Yimpa said:

I would still vape despite the anxiety if I knew it wouldn't lead to a bad trip...

On 14/02/2024 at 5:06 PM, Vrubel said:

@shree  It's normal to feel fear before a trip as it is normal for a soldier to feel fear just before a battle. 

For the come-up phase try lying down comfortably with arms stretched open. Relax, surrender, positive self-loving self-talk. Focus on deeply breathing. 

The come-up phase isn't really my issue, as I've been able to relax fully into these experiences from the start, I suppose. It's just the anxiety before vaping. And if I knew there was no potential for a bad trip if I went ahead, it wouldn't be a problem.

On 14/02/2024 at 7:34 PM, RendHeaven said:

@shree I made up my mind that I'm simply going to die.

I said "I love you" to my mom, my friends, all of that.

There's no more "buts" or "ifs." Time to die.

Going into it with firm conviction renders fear unnecessary.

Having a personal ritual helps, as opposed to haphazardly ingesting. 

Yeah, that was my attitude when I first vaped 100 mg of synthetic 5-MeO in several rounds. Now, I feel like my life is a joke, and that the scale of this extends far beyond just losing my life.

On 14/02/2024 at 1:00 PM, Leo Gura said:

Learn to relax. That's all.

I'll do my best. I'm concerned if pre-trip anxiety could lead to a negative experience, or if I might naturally let go of these fears when the trip starts, considering my previously positive experiences.

5 minutes ago, shree said:

I would still vape despite the anxiety if I knew it wouldn't lead to a bad trip...

I assume you drive a car. If so, notice how you don’t think twice when you leave your house and drive. Lots of dangers on the road yet you do it anyway.

I love to blast Disturbed while driving!

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, shree said:

Now, I feel like my life is a joke, and that the scale of this extends far beyond just losing my life.

What do you mean by that and is that your root fear, that you don't want to discover again this same insight again?

1 hour ago, shree said:

The come-up phase isn't really my issue, as I've been able to relax fully into these experiences from the start, I suppose. It's just the anxiety before vaping. And if I knew there was no potential for a bad trip if I went ahead, it wouldn't be a problem.

For me personally, I always feel a very unique kind of fear before a trip. My soul can intuit that something radical is about to happen and it is as if I already took a tiny dose before even taking it at all. 
I use that state to get solemn and be loving and forgiving towards myself. I bet it's the same solemness a prisoner feels right before his execution. 

Edited by Vrubel

41 minutes ago, OBEler said:

What do you mean by that and is that your root fear, that you don't want to discover again this same insight again?

I don't harbor a specific or intellectual fear towards the experience. It's more about the sheer intensity of it all—there's an overwhelming amount of energy involved, accompanied by profound moments of astonishment and exhilaration. It's an experience filled with unexpected revelations and a rollercoaster of emotions that's hard to articulate.

However, there's a nuanced fear related to the journey towards discovering my authentic self, especially after having built an entire life and family around what feels like an inauthentic version of me now. The prospect of embracing my true self holds the promise of greater joy and fulfillment for me personally. Yet, I'm acutely aware that this transformation might come at a cost to those around me, as they adjust to the changes it entails. This path of self-discovery and its impact on others is reminiscent of the journey undertaken by Martin Ball. It's a complex balance between personal evolution and the potential repercussions on my loved ones.

1 hour ago, shree said:

I don't harbor a specific or intellectual fear towards the experience. It's more about the sheer intensity of it all—there's an overwhelming amount of energy involved, accompanied by profound moments of astonishment and exhilaration. It's an experience filled with unexpected revelations and a rollercoaster of emotions that's hard to articulate.

However, there's a nuanced fear related to the journey towards discovering my authentic self, especially after having built an entire life and family around what feels like an inauthentic version of me now. The prospect of embracing my true self holds the promise of greater joy and fulfillment for me personally. Yet, I'm acutely aware that this transformation might come at a cost to those around me, as they adjust to the changes it entails. This path of self-discovery and its impact on others is reminiscent of the journey undertaken by Martin Ball. It's a complex balance between personal evolution and the potential repercussions on my loved ones.

You wrote here the same feeling I also have in terms of 5 Meo DMT. This is exactly how I have built resistance to do a breakthrough 5 Meo. The unexpected intensity and the potential repercussions on my loved ones...well written.

5 hours ago, shree said:

Now, I feel like my life is a joke, and that the scale of this extends far beyond just losing my life.

Correct through and through.

And that's okay!

God/Consciousness will always have your back, has always had your back, and is-having your back right now.

God's script has no errors.

When the attachments and identifications of your numerous lives all burn away into the abyss, that is known as Love.

Terror = Love.

3 hours ago, shree said:

It's a complex balance between personal evolution and the potential repercussions on my loved ones.

Your Love dwarfs "potential repercussions"

You got this!

It's Love.

They come to me

With a long desire,

With a longing heart.

And when they come to me,

They look into the abyss and become afraid.

They had come to achieve something,

And suddenly they realize they have to lose everything. They had come here to attain something, and suddenly they realize that the only way to attain themselves is to lose all, to be nothing.

A fear grips their heart.

They start thinking of escaping.

Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh-Osho