r0ckyreed

I Disagree With The "Death Is Imaginary" Teaching

38 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2024 at 7:08 AM, Razard86 said:

I personally proved Death is imaginary to me. All you have is speculation. Speculation is not truth. You have to have the courage to test the bluff of death. Also there is tons of evidence it is imaginary why do you think I upload NDE's? So yes Death is imaginary, but it is the greatest form of imaginary deception along with physical and emotional pain. Without these 3 things, you would know absolutely you are in a dream. 

I repeat speculation is a waste of time, you will never discover God/Truth/Love with just speculation. If you actually died you would know its just imagination and it would shock the hell out of you because it will contradict everything you ever thought was true.

But NDE’s are also imaginary.

If we say that Death is imaginary, then Life has to be imaginary since it is its opposite.

But then if imagination is the opposite of reality, then there is no difference between reality and imagination.

So, therefore, death is imagination and reality. I am imagining it right now because death is also reality. If it wasn’t, then all those shootings and COVID are also imaginary. 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

On 2/13/2024 at 10:25 AM, inFlow said:

LOL, this idea of one life is what is ruining this entire earth.

No. It is the idea that when you die, you will go to Heaven and have 69 virgins waiting for you. 

If people realized that this is it, they might be filled with more love instead of hate and not throw their life away.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

On 2/13/2024 at 7:35 AM, _Archangel_ said:

Leo never taught to live as if death is imaginary, quite the opposite infact.

False! I wrote a post about memento mori, and he responded that he does the opposite practice of living as if he will never die.

On 2/13/2024 at 0:59 PM, Arthogaan said:

Your argument is like: I don't like the idea that there's no death therefore truth is there is death. 

Look up what a straw man is and then reread my entire post.

57 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

But NDE’s are also imaginary.

If we say that Death is imaginary, then Life has to be imaginary since it is its opposite.

But then if imagination is the opposite of reality, then there is no difference between reality and imagination.

So, therefore, death is imagination and reality. I am imagining it right now because death is also reality. If it wasn’t, then all those shootings and COVID are also imaginary. 

Who said it wasn't imaginary. Saying its imaginary is the same as saying its a dream or its a hallucination. I just stated that if it weren't for physical, emotional pain, and the fear of death you would KNOW that it is a dream. 

There is and isn't a difference between real and imaginary. Real is a construction. Real has stability, consistency, it has pain, physical and emotional, it has fear, it has a story line. This is what makes it REAL, that's why we say REALITY. It is constructed so perfectly that you feel insane questioning whether it is real. That's why its a masterpiece, the greatest artistic creation ever because it has FULL ON IMMERSION.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

4 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Who said it wasn't imaginary. Saying its imaginary is the same as saying its a dream or its a hallucination. I just stated that if it weren't for physical, emotional pain, and the fear of death you would KNOW that it is a dream. 

There is and isn't a difference between real and imaginary. Real is a construction. Real has stability, consistency, it has pain, physical and emotional, it has fear, it has a story line. This is what makes it REAL, that's why we say REALITY. It is constructed so perfectly that you feel insane questioning whether it is real. That's why its a masterpiece, the greatest artistic creation ever because it has FULL ON IMMERSION.

Thanks! :) 

So since death is real and imaginary, I still think it is helpful to live as if I will die and only have one life. That way I savor it and enjoy it to the fullest. I honestly go back and forth and see both sides to YOLO and Reincarnation. I personally lean more on the side of YOLO when I find myself being complacent and shy to talk to girls. But I see Reincarnation being true when I am thinking about where existence is going.

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

So since death is real and imaginary, I still think it is helpful to live as if I will die and only have one life. That way I savor it and enjoy it to the fullest. I honestly go back and forth and see both sides to YOLO and Reincarnation. I personally lean more on the side of YOLO when I find myself being complacent and shy to talk to girls. But I see Reincarnation being true when I am thinking about where existence is going.

Great stuff man!

To be honest I feel into different aspects depending on day.

Sometimes I feel kind of lazy empty and uninterested - on such days I like to focus on memento mori acutally. That this precious incarnation will not last forever and so on and motivate myself just as you described.

But on other days when I get caught up in daily bullshit, feeling the time pressure, feeling stressed out because I won't accomplish everything and so on - I like to remind myself that death does not exist, I have all the time in the world, and that actually none of that matters and I can chill.

So I find it most productive for myself to counter-attack my monkey mind with different sides of the same coin depending on day, so that I stay in consciouss flow-state.

You can feel into archetypes/energies of this game without claiming them as absolutes. Meaning even though I don't believe death exists, I practically focus/channel Memento Mori Archetype/Energy to just play as I want. Cheers. :x

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Its like saying you are dead when your character in a video game dies.

What died is your vehicle. The true self can never die.

Awakening is akin to realizing you are the player and not the video game character.

You are both the producer of the show and the one who is playing the part.

3 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Thanks! :) 

The only issue with YOLO is it leads to you doing dangerous things, because it says....you only live once so why not risk everything? LOL. So YOLO defeats itself ultimately.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

The only issue with YOLO is it leads to you doing dangerous things, because it says....you only live once so why not risk everything? LOL. So YOLO defeats itself ultimately.

It's imaginary so why not risk 'everything' / 'nothing'

Nothing to lose

On 2/16/2024 at 0:40 PM, PenguinPablo said:

It's imaginary so why not risk 'everything' / 'nothing'

Nothing to lose

You can lose your foot. Even if you have a choice to continue living as a human if you destroy the body, it doesn't mean necessarily that you can keep your foot if it get too infected that it needs to be amputated. Just because it's imaginary doesn't mean that it is arbitrary. But you are always welcome to confirm for yourself.

I would just recommend not harming the body.

On 16/2/2024 at 4:35 PM, Theplay said:

Awakening is akin to realizing you are the player and not the video game character.

There is not a player. If it were a player, what creates the player? Where is the real essence? You were a climber, you can take that leap into the void

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

what creates the player? 

The player was never created.

It is like the space that holds every experience.

You are quite correct.

The best description for him would be the void.

If you remove everything that can be removed, you think you would be left with a blank.

But you will be left with yourself.

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Where is the real essence?

I'm not sure I got this question :)

1 hour ago, Theplay said:

The best description for him would be the void.

If you remove everything that can be removed, you think you would be left with a blank.

But you will be left with yourself.

As I see there is not you, not a player, the only you is the self, this experience. The naked reality is just depth, but if you can open yourself totally to the depth then you realize that in the depth is everything, and the thing emerges. It's like the unlimited energy that life is, it's totally impersonal, nobody would say anything like: I am the creator blabla, no I, just a natural wild phenomenon totally unlimited that arises due the absence of limitations. No logic for this. You could call it god, but I call it the monster, the incommensurable. It's not you playing games, not far, I think that idea leads to a limited misunderstanding

Breaking the wall...

So u don't believe that self has power to change the dream the ego self...

56 minutes ago, Creatorbeing said:

Breaking the wall...

So u don't believe that self has power to change the dream the ego self...

2 hours ago, Theplay said:

Yeah we have a lot of power focusing our desire and our strength in one direction. If you aim hard the cosmos moves

On 2/16/2024 at 1:25 PM, r0ckyreed said:

No.

Yes.

Mahadev