Princess Arabia

Ego Death Vs. Transformation

12 posts in this topic

We are here to have experiences. We are already all there is. The ego is an expression of the All. The one true Source. This is why it manifested itself as a human being so it can experience what it's like to be human. Why are we trying to accomplish ego death when, to me, it seems like an impossible task as it is merely a mental construction. 

Why are we trying to become a "nobody" when that is not the reason for our existence. We as humans are limited but we stem from the unlimited so we can have the experience of what it's like to be limited. This is not our true nature. Most of us recognizes this and as long as we know this to be true and keep that running in the background can't we just allow for the Universe to flow through us and allow it to manifest through us as it pleases instead of trying to become unlimited - we are already inherently unlimited by nature and are just playing roles. Isn't Source seeing it's reflection through us and all we need to do is remove all the faulty and conditioned layers we have constructed for ourselves and work towards seeing ourselves as Source sees itself in order to live a more fulfilling life. That's transformation, not death. 

Trying to kill the ego is like trying to kill God as God is the Ego because God is everything,  Can someone make this make sense to me because I'm not understanding why we are even trying to accomplish this. Why not just aim for it's transformation and transform it into something beautiful.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

55 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Trying to kill the ego is like trying to kill God as God is the Ego because God is everything,  Can someone make this make sense to me because I'm not understanding why we are even trying to accomplish this. Why not just aim for it's transformation and transform it into something beautiful.

Anything that you have learned including god is ego. Silence, empty mind, not knowing or before so called birth is what real god is.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

7 hours ago, James123 said:

Anything that you have learned including god is ego. Silence, empty mind, not knowing or before so called birth is what real god is.

So I guess by your statement there's a false God. So what do you call life. What is existence.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

47 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

So I guess by your statement there's a false God. So what do you call life. What is existence.

Anything we have learned and knew such as life, existence, god is an illusion. Now is before so called birth. Not knowing=empty mind=before so called birth=enlightenment. 

ego is the unreal making one think it is the real

undoing ego is turning the unloving back to the loving

what you believe is what you teach is what you see

love begets love, fear begets fear

Healing is forgetting the sense of danger the ego has induced in you, by not recognizing its existence in your brother. This heals both of you, because it nullifies fear. Love needs only this encounter. By your awakening to it, you are merely forgetting what you are not. This enables you to remember what you are.

11 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

ego is the unreal making one think it is the real

undoing ego is turning the unloving back to the loving

what you believe is what you teach is what you see

love begets love, fear begets fear

Nice quote.

34 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Nice quote.

thank you ... the ego's way and the spirit's way are mutually exclusive ... it's all one or all the other ... if there is any ego then it is all ego

thus this takes plenty of time before love becomes automatic ... it is definitely attainable

14 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

We are here to have experiences. We are already all there is. The ego is an expression of the All. The one true Source. This is why it manifested itself as a human being so it can experience what it's like to be human. Why are we trying to accomplish ego death when, to me, it seems like an impossible task as it is merely a mental construction. 

Why are we trying to become a "nobody" when that is not the reason for our existence. We as humans are limited but we stem from the unlimited so we can have the experience of what it's like to be limited. This is not our true nature. Most of us recognizes this and as long as we know this to be true and keep that running in the background can't we just allow for the Universe to flow through us and allow it to manifest through us as it pleases instead of trying to become unlimited - we are already inherently unlimited by nature and are just playing roles. Isn't Source seeing it's reflection through us and all we need to do is remove all the faulty and conditioned layers we have constructed for ourselves and work towards seeing ourselves as Source sees itself in order to live a more fulfilling life. That's transformation, not death. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

6 hours ago, James123 said:

nything we have learned and knew such as life, existence, god is an illusion. Now is before so called birth. Not knowing=empty mind=before so called birth=enlightenment. 

My mind is empty of structure and is full of life, so empty is full. We try to kill the ego because the ego fills us with shit, it's a jail, it's better to be dead than prisoner of the ego. Without ego just beauty flowing in you . With ego, just repression, stupidity, madness. Pity that all the humans are full of shit, that's why the world is a hell, it's a really strange game,  difficult to understand 

51 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

My mind is empty of structure and is full of life, so empty is full. We try to kill the ego because the ego fills us with shit, it's a jail, it's better to be dead than prisoner of the ego. Without ego just beauty flowing in you . With ego, just repression, stupidity, madness. Pity that all the humans are full of shit, that's why the world is a hell, it's a really strange game,  difficult to understand 

51 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Definitely brother!!! However, if mind is so empty, how do you even know there is a life?

Ego is just a tool, like a hand or foot, it allows us to function within a Tribe/Society, it includes a personality and traits handed down thru families for survival purposes..

When they say that we are Social People, that we need others and to be around others, this is mostly for Survival purposes as well, its easier in many ways to survive when a group of ppl are developing better ways to live and doing it all as a unit, helping one another, but at times living alone (off grid) is wise too, it depends on the situations around us and technology...

Life is Leala, a play/game of sorts, that is why we are here, to have Experiences, the deal with others that in some ways are separate from ourselves via the Body and Mind, and to deal with Karma, residual impressions from past actions in the 4 areas of your life...There is layers to Life, there is the Ultimate aspect, Oneness, Completeness, Bliss, Clarity and such, then there is community, giving/taking, physical death and rebirth, family and such things...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

The ego does not exist. It is not anything. You are confusing the map for the territory. 

Realizing that the ego does not exist is "God."

The ego is just what you think your experience is. You have no ego, you just think that you do. Thinking that you have an ego is what ego is, it is not anything beyond that.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho