Ishanga

Can Ayahuasca Give An Intense Spiritual Experience? Sadhguru Answers

47 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bujo said:

Understatement of the century 🤣 Glad you're well brother.

Leo being sick is human games xD

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

31 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Leo being sick is human games xD

No, it is a demon game :P

Imagine loving plastic more than you do Sadhguru’s teachings. Now that’d be some serious Awakening right there B|

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

@Ishanga Have you tried psychedelics?

How much?

How many?

For how long?

You are just guessing, you really have no clue if you are honest with yourself. 

Epistemological humility and direct experience are one of the few principles of this work. WIthout them you will not arrive far.

Open-mindedness is another principle.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

Watching out for your biases like a hawk is also important.

It's really a pitty all what goes on with psychedelics. I mean, I was just open minded, made my 2 year research before trying psychedelics and then just kept going and trying carefully. There is no magic behind any of this, do the work, is simple really.

But you have to the do the work, something which I am surprised most people, even here don't do. I know that because I haven't been doing this for many years, Leo and others have me decades of advantage, but if you do the work you will get there but you need to do it, like really do it, as if your life was in the end of the rope. I just love doing it. This is the reason why I exist, to Awaken.

I start doubting how many people is really interested in that because I consider myself an amateur but still don't see my results in other people. Maybe I'm conscious enought to see how unconscious I am and how much more conscious I can become and be. The point of this, if anyone has read it, is to do the work, you will get there I assure you, but you have to do it.

Otherwise, it's like winning the lottery and not cashing it in the bank. You have all of Leo's video, the booklist and his life course. You have this forum, I mean what are you doing?

I don't idolatrize Leo either, but everything I fucking discover he already talked about and mapped. It's really amazing honestly, I'm mindblown by it really. I ask myself many times how can it be? I think maybe he did the work properly, deep enough, long enough, fully enough...

It inspires me to do the same in my own way. You wake up for yourself in the end, no one can wake up for youxD

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

6 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Watching out for your biases like a hawk is also important.

Deep study of Fear, Survival and Death is also crucial

Edited by Davino

Can Ayahuasca Give An Intense Spiritual Experience? Sadhguru Answers

Try asking a bowl of alphabet soup what the letter “I” is. 

6 hours ago, Francis777 said:

@Ishanga sounds like you've been seduced by sadhguru;)

No..When I first saw his video's they for sure intrigued me, and I did tons of research on him, as well as listened to many others, then I decided to try his Isha Free Kryia, which works very well, then did the online Inner Engineering course and did it live as well in Detroit in 2012. it blew me away for sure,, the way he can explain Truth and Reality is like no other, that is for sure, he simplifies it so its easily understandable, and as others have said the 21 min Practice of Shambhavi Mahamudra is very powerful, had me blissed out within 2 weeks time of practicing it, and they've done studies on it and how it changes the chemistry in your body, so yes I really appreicate the man for sure, but the practices he shares are what I really am into...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

5 hours ago, Davino said:

@Ishanga Have you tried psychedelics?

How much?

How many?

For how long?

You are just guessing, you really have no clue if you are honest with yourself. 

Epistemological humility and direct experience are one of the few principles of this work. WIthout them you will not arrive far.

Open-mindedness is another principle.

Nothing as serious as lots here have, but it goes both ways, have I had blown out outer body experiences, no, but I've had continued Peace and Harmony mentally and health wise, with periods of great Bliss, I will compare that with anyone that has had on/off experiences of Oneness and Completeness, thinking they are God, then coming back down to reality, plus this is not about Me...

For the record I'm not against psychedelics myself, I want to try it out, but I think it has to come at the right time and place, and in union with a serious Yoga practice, but I think when one has had that practice and its given them lots of stability, a trip might help them along the way, but to use it as a primary practice in finding Truth and Reality is a no no in my book!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

9 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Ishanga 

Why doesn't he try some LSD and then say his opinion? ram dass says he gave 1000 ug or something like that to his indian guru and he didn't feel anything. Maybe the same thing happens to sadhguru, but first you have to do the test.

All that you say about the karmic imprint and sadhguru's , siddis , etc, means nothing to me, I just pay attention to what he says, and it is coherent sometimes and other times it is not. Why believe it's an ubermenchen or something like that? He seems like a normal guy to me , quite smart, balanced, charismatic, but just a man

Just think about what you say here, if he took up all the challenges he gets from everyone, he wouldn't have time to do anything else, would You if You were in his position, travelling all the time, commitments all over the world, some dummy says "Hey I dare you to try this hit of LSD (would you even trust that it is LSD??) and see what happens".. This is a joke!!

I dont think Sadhguru understands how far people are gone

9 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Just think about what you say here, if he took up all the challenges he gets from everyone, he wouldn't have time to do anything else, would You if You were in his position, travelling all the time, commitments all over the world, some dummy says "Hey I dare you to try this hit of LSD (would you even trust that it is LSD??) and see what happens".. This is a joke!!

A joke? Let's see, I wasn't saying that anyone  at a rave give him some substance, by the way, thanks for calling me a "dummie", I appreciate it. No, I mean that if you are a world famous person who gives your opinion on things that are spreading in the world on a large scale, such as the use of psychedelics for spiritual purposes, you can do a serious test, with scientists, a brain scanner, etc. Not that the drug addict in your neighborhood gives you a blotter while you drink a few liters of beer, but a serious experiment, do you see the difference? So if you don't do this experiment, but then you make a YouTube video talking about psychedelics, then to me he is a clown. What to do?

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

A joke? Let's see, I wasn't saying that anyone  at a rave give him some substance, by the way, thanks for calling me a "dummie", I appreciate it. No, I mean that if you are a world famous person who gives your opinion on things that are spreading in the world on a large scale, such as the use of psychedelics for spiritual purposes, you can do a serious test, with scientists, a brain scanner, etc. Not that the drug addict in your neighborhood gives you a blotter while you drink a few liters of beer, but a serious experiment, do you see the difference? So if you don't do this experiment, but then you make a YouTube video talking about psychedelics, then to me he is a clown. What to do?

People here honestly believe they are God, and the only one, nothing else but them exists, that they know everything, but continue to argue about things that make no sense or cannot be talked about in logical ways, and it repeats itself over and over again, I call that dumb. Someone with great understanding of Human Nature answering a question based on his Experience (which no one here knows for sure) and Perception which is great, I don't call that person a clown, its their perspective and sharing wisdom is good for Us. I just wonder why a young guy, that has a huge following on Youtube, but has taken allot of psychedelics has health problems and needs a break all of a sudden, things that make me go Hmmm, sort of proves the point of what he is saying in the video...

Edited by Ishanga

13 hours ago, Ishanga said:

For the record I'm not against psychedelics myself, I want to try it out, but I think it has to come at the right time and place, and in union with a serious Yoga practice, but I think when one has had that practice and its given them lots of stability, a trip might help them along the way, but to use it as a primary practice in finding Truth and Reality is a no no in my book!

I find a mature answer by your part and I respect it. 

I mostly agree but there is a subtle unrecognition on the transformative and life changing aspects of psychedelics, that should be more honoured in my opinion. Most spiritual gurus are commiting a crime by demonizing psychedelics honestly, this you will discover by yourself if you do them. It is so useful, so direct and so efficient that denying that possibility to an earnest seeker is sad.

How much time do you need to realize God by yoga or meditation?

How much time do you need to realize God by psychedelics? In 5min blast of 5meo you can get it.

Should you do both? ABSOLUTELY

Should you do shadow work and personal development? ABSOLUTELY

But everything in its proper place, the king is still the king even if there are princes and nobility

1 hour ago, Ishanga said:

People here honestly believe they are God, and the only one, nothing else but them exists, that they know everything, but continue to argue about things that make no sense or cannot be talked about in logical ways, and it repeats itself over and over again, I call that dumb. Someone with great understanding of Human Nature answering a question based on his Experience (which no one here knows for sure) and Perception which is great, I don't call that person a clown, its their perspective and sharing wisdom is good for Us. I just wonder why a young guy, that has a huge following on Youtube, but has taken allot of psychedelics has health problems and needs a break all of a sudden, things that make me go Hmmm, sort of proves the point of what he is saying in the video...

You are letting yourself be carried away by appearances and judgments based on superficial impressions. I'm not saying that you're not right, I'm saying that it's better to deeply doubt anyone, people are liars by nature, it is very rare to find someone truly honest. So, the moment I detect distortions, as is the case with the video you posted, the alarms go off. For you sadhguru can speak appropriately about psychedelics without having tried them. You can also talk about mountaineering, war experiences, motherhood, surgery and boxing I suppose. That's what I call a brother-in-law.  It's like Ramana Maharshi says that mountaineering is bad for karma without ever having been to a mountain. The moment he says something like that, he is classified as a brother-in-law.

People here honestly believe they are God, and the only one, nothing else but them exists, that they know everything, but continue to argue about things that make no sense or cannot be talked about in logical ways, and it repeats itself over and over again, I call that dumb

Most of the people who say that do not do psychedelics or meditation, they do not do real work but are all intellectual guesses that they arrive at after watching Leo's videos 

just wonder why a young guy, that has a huge following on Youtube, but has taken allot of psychedelics has health problems and needs a break all of a sudden, things that make me go Hmmm, sort of proves the point of what he is saying in the video...

So, Because the only guy you know had this circumstance from taking psychedelics, do you think psychedelics cause that? Most spiritual teachers, like Ralston for example, are against it without having tried it, and in that there is a clear aroma of: don't take away my business, bastard. Keep in mind that most spiritual teachers are narcissists who seek attention and success in a field in which they cannot truly be measured. doubting is essential.

Psychedelics do not show you the picture momentarily as they say, this is a mistake. The panorama that psychedelics show you is irrelevant, the important thing is that they create energetic opening and make you see what prevents this opening in your normal energetic configuration, this makes the door that closes become more transparent each time. The biggest mistake is having a psychedelic experience and reaching conclusions from what you have seen, since those conclusions are formed in a closed conceptual state, they are completely worthless, the mind must be empty, not full of psychedelic stories.

In short, I know from listening to him that sadhguru does not know anything about this, he has a brother-in-law's superficial knowledge and speaks like a professor because he is a sadhguru.

Sadhguru says things that are true (e.g., it doesn’t bring you consciousness) but he is talking about something in which he has limited knowledge.  He appears to not have any knowledge of the plant diet, which is the complete practice of which Ayahuasca is only one component.   He also doesn’t even mention the use of Soma in the Vedas.

He starts out emphasizing the purging of physical parasites.  This is true but it’s not the main function of Ayahausca.  When I was in the Amazon, I did a two week plant diet.  In the beginning of the diet,  the Shaman gave me a plant called Huan cahui sacha which makes you throw up continuously for about 6 hours.  That’s purging.  Aya purging is more psychological.   There are dozens of non psychedelic  plants and Kambo that are used for physical purging.

An experienced Shaman does a 30 day plant diet before taking Ayahausca.  He goes into the jungle alone and purges for 30 days while drinking different plant teachers.   Thus, what he is doing can be seen as an intensive meditation retreat with the addition of the plant teachers.  Sadhguru does believe in meditation? Is it not so?   One of the plant teachers the Shaman takes is Chirac Sanango which makes you feel like ants are crawling over your body and makes you uncomfortable no matter what you do.  So, your only option to keep your sanity is to be still.  In other words, Chirac is teaching you to meditate using discomfort.   At the end of the plant diet, Ayahausca is taken.  Ayahausca is considered the master teacher and the other plants that were taken into the body are the helper plants.  They may all appear in the visions.  

Ayahuasca has to be properly understood as a practice that originated by people living in the jungle.  They had a non modern mindset and a different environment.   Treating it as a chemical and using it in a modern Western context changes the experience.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

6 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Sadhguru says things that are true (e.g., it doesn’t bring you consciousness) but he is talking about something in which he has limited knowledge.  He appears to not have any knowledge of the plant diet, which is the complete practice of which Ayahuasca is only one component.   He also doesn’t even mention the use of Soma in the Vedas.

He starts out emphasizing the purging of physical parasites.  This is true but it’s not the main function of Ayahausca.  When I was in the Amazon, I did a two week plant diet.  In the beginning of the diet,  the Shaman gave me a plant called Huan cahui sacha which makes you throw up continuously for about 6 hours.  That’s purging.  Aya purging is more psychological.   There are dozens of non psychedelic  plants and Kambo that are used for physical purging.

An experienced Shaman does a 30 day plant diet before taking Ayahausca.  He goes into the jungle alone and purges for 30 days while drinking different plant teachers.   Thus, what he is doing can be seen as an intensive meditation retreat with the addition of the plant teachers.  Sadhguru does believe in meditation? Is it not so?   One of the plant teachers the Shaman takes is Chirac Sanango which makes you feel like ants are crawling over your body and makes you uncomfortable no matter what you do.  So, your only option to keep your sanity is to be still.  In other words, Chirac is teaching you to meditate using discomfort.   At the end of the plant diet, Ayahausca is taken.  Ayahausca is considered the master teacher and the other plants that were taken into the body are the helper plants.  They may all appear in the visions.  

Ayahuasca has to be properly understood as a practice that originated by people living in the jungle.  They had a non modern mindset and a different environment.   Treating it as a chemical and using it in a modern Western context changes the experience.

He did mention in the video that they have similar type things happening in India and for Years, but he didn't get specific, I think he likes to keep on point when answering questions... He spent allot of time alone in the jungles of India, before and after his enlightenment, so who knows what happened during those times... The main point is that using psychedelics as a primary way to find Enlightenment is not so good, I agree, as well as using it as a first off way to find truth and Enlightenment...  As others have said in this thread, he shares very powerful tools, methods, kriyas that bring ppl to profound experiences, I've used some of them and stand by that statement, most here that are the nay sayers don't know about these practices, they are not the same as the Yoga you see out there as not all Yoga practices and teachers are the same or equal, with a Living Guru the practices are much more powerful and effective..

Edited by Ishanga

Yeah before sadghurus shambhavi mahamudra I took these Yoga exercises not very serious. After that I was blown away. How can yoga be that powerful! I have now much more respect of sadghuru. I practiced Kundalini yoga, wim Hof before and took over 200 trips on psychedelics so far plus tons of other tools. So I know a bit what powerful means. I had not such experiences like 5 Meo but if I really try hard I think I could get there. 

Edited by OBEler