Rafael Thundercat

Development of a list of Good Articulate Communicators

39 posts in this topic

Is interesting to see when someone have a limited time do deliver a message, in this situations some speakers even guys Like Jonh Vernaeke would fail drasticaly. For me somehow the impairment in communication may reveal something of the internaln system of a being, I know this because when I have some energetic blocks my speaking dont flow as well as when I am alligned

This guy is a good example, 3 minutes and he deliver well, the topic is vast but he give something 

@How to be wise  man dont derail this tread , open a new one to talk with Leo, you are an adult or a child that dont have patience to wait for Leos cookies? While Leo are in his Holydays do Work Yourself. Write, Study, Rewatch episodes that you think you understood, or just grow up and wait. But dont derail this threa, here the contribution is set by the title of the topic otherwise go somewhere else. 

Stumbled into this video of  Girl who share her love and Insigths about Alice in the Wonderland, Doroty Oz Wizard and Wendy from Peter Pan. 

For me she speak with passion and genunity. I will say the truth, I ready saw kids expressing themselfs in a much more authentic way than adults. Somehow thw more a consciouness knows more dull it becomes, unless it purify itself via many practices.

Another woman as a good communicator. In this case see that she is sharing her life most extreme story and still she share with clarity and pose. I think also that in this forum there is a bias for male stuff. Basically all the names you guys shared here was males. So what happen? There are not women that communicate with articulation in this planet? 

Another thing. We tend to share here not only maily male figures but almost just videos about conceptual stuff. When actually there is a lot to learn from sharings of real human experience instead of just explanations of Reality, Cosmos, Infinity etc.. There are this whole human raw realm that we are immersed i  and part of the Infinity Love Ocean we are embeded. 

Communication of things nobody want to talk about of just ignore

Hmm, depends on your criterion. I prefer clarity and honesty, so Krishnamurti is a good one imo. Alan Watts was a good speaker but selling you a bill of goods. So that's the difference. Unfortunately people prefer being entertained over receiving an authentic communication.

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao both I like. Alan Watts have a little of MacKenna in him. Funny Guy. If alive he surely would have a TikTok or Youtube channel

@Carl-Richard

On 07/02/2024 at 1:37 AM, Carl-Richard said:

That's a highly contentious one 😂

• David Chalmers
  • Bernardo Kastrup
  • Robert Sapolsky
  • Rupert Sheldrake
  • Noam Chomsky
  • (And although I hate to say it): Richard Dawkins, Neil deGrasse Tyson.

— little fluff, straight to the point, avoids jargon unless completely necessary (and explains it when necessary), properly paced, good flow, clear and well-conceived tried-and-tested thoughts, well-rehearsed, concerned about things that are meaningful (in their own ways).

The opposite (although they're not guilty of lacking all the points above) would be:

• Jordan Peterson (at times, speaks in convoluted paragraphs).
  • Eric Weinstein (and Bret Weinstein at times; both use a kind of poetic, flowery and academically technical language; pretty difficult combination).
  • Daniel Dennett ("philosophy ate my brain").
  • Sam Harris (uses way too many analogies and thought experiments).
  • Daniel Schmachtenberger (has very peculiar interests which affects his language, and his mind goes 15% faster than anyone else).
  • Terrence McKenna (too flowery and "out there", but he is fun to listen to generally).
  • Ben Shapiro (15% too fast, other than that he is pretty good).
  • Chris Langan (jargonitis).
  • Curt Jaimungal (mild jargonitis, sometimes odd word choices and pacing).

This is actually a decent list of good speakers on the similar listung, although the antonym listing needs further elaboration as those are also decent speakers. Naturally if you brought up Ben Shapiro, I'd also include Destiny. Hate to admit, Destiny is a good speaker and fast paced.

My list would look something like this:

1. Bruce Lee(in his interview he speaks really good English).

2. Arnold Schwarzenegger(also good speaker, knows how to be motivational).

3. Bill Burr, also Rick Gervais(as comedians they have great social intelligence and know how to communicate and perform on stage, how to add drama and emotion, use of humor et ceters)

4. Guy who has pod saves america, at least decent speaking and clear. Also ex speech writer for Obama, another great speaker.

5. Alex Jones, Nick Fuentes, and Adolf Hitler(obviously for the speaking, don't kill me).

6. Andrew Wilson from the crucible(same in 5, but this guy deserveshis own number place.  Great speaker and debater, solid body language,  tonality and knows how to reframe arguments)

7. Eminem, and some lyricists and rappers, some.

Common denominator for why the above are great speakers is at least social proof: body language, tonality, discourse, communication styles, personality, drama, humour style and so on. Also experiences and knowledge base for languages can be a factor.

Edited by Danioover9000

@UnbornTao

6 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Hmm, depends on your criterion. I prefer clarity and honesty, so Krishnamurti is a good one imo. Alan Watts was a good speaker but selling you a bill of goods. So that's the difference. Unfortunately people prefer being entertained over receiving an authentic communication.

But just like the Tao, balance is key. I also like direct communication, but too much truth too frankly, without good social proof, you may end up like Jesus Christ, or that very unpopular witch doctor who got out rhetoric by some demagogue more persuasive in story, communication and body language. And vice versa, being way too indirect, funny, witty, dramatic, and too entrapped into personalities, in body language and tonality, letting yourself lost in these details but overlook truth and authenticity, creates a 'fake it till you make it' or 'make believe like reality.', and in turn you lose yourself in too mucb socialization and otherness.

13 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

He is not bad, but I guess Leo would deliver the same Topic faster and more direct than him. This guy needs urgently a mindfuck psycadelic experience to crack his materialistic Head in the middle 

He essentially said he is an idealist in that video (materialist "at heart") -_-. And how would you know he hasn't done a shit ton of psychedelics? Have you seen his haircut in some interviews? 😂

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

44 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

although the antonym listing needs further elaboration as those are also decent speakers.

If you guys need even more spoonfeeding than I've already provided, here are my approximate heuristics for that post: for the pro list, I just went by gut feeling and then constructed the list of attributes afterwards. Then for the con list, I also went by gut feeling and then wrote down at least one flaw with their speaking style, starting with Peterson because he was mentioned earlier. Maybe I could've included all the pro people in the con list. But that's not what happened.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Speaking daily with dozens of individuals (in a sales context) from diverse backgrounds and societal ranks has taught me that the #1 rule of effective communication is being authentic.

There is nothing that ticks people off more than feeling manipulated or the sense that the other person is putting on some kind of performance (which will only increase as deep fakes and counterfeit people become more ubiquitous).

The ideal is to feel that a person's way of communicating is reflective of their personality and remains consistent across different contexts.

Of course I value competence (which can take on many different forms) in communication, but greater competence brings with it a greater responsibility to maintain integrity with one's character (because most contemporary societal contexts do not demand high competence, making it tempting to slack off and become loose with ones values).

Thus, it all boils down to competence and integrity.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 2/7/2024 at 8:07 PM, zurew said:

I don't think he is a good communicator. He always speaks in generalities and almost never points to any specifics and when he tries to give an answer to a  pointed question he rambles a lot and he always goes on tangents. 

Sadhguru at times is just being diplomatic and tactful in his answers, so as not to get into any unnecessary controversies that will waste his time and energies.  His reasoning possibly is that if you have the brains or intellectual capacity you will understand the context and points he is making. 

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

22 minutes ago, kantlie said:

Jon Zherka

😂