Princess Arabia

Who Is Making Choices

42 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

You could simplify it even further. When you make a decision, how did you do it precisely? Did you decide to make that decision, or was the decision "being made" simply part of the continues flow of this reality? If a person deeply inspects their decisions, they will soon find that they don't have a lot of deciding to do on which decisions they will make. Only by dying beyond your decision making processes can you realize, that there is something that simply is, without having been decided. That something is being itself. Being didn't decide to be. It simply is!

IOW, what you're saying is decisions are being made, but no one is making them. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

@Princess Arabia Yes. Decisions appear, but being has to BE the case in order for them to arise. Decisions can't be made outside of being, since being is the structure for all decisions to appear.

This means that you can make a decision, without making a decision. That's the real mind fuck here.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Real freedom is attained when you realize for yourself that free will is real.

Just now, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@Princess Arabia Yes. Decisions appear, but being has to BE the case in order for them to arise. Decisions can't be made outside of being, since being is the structure for all decisions that appear.

This means that you can make a decision, without making a decision. That's the real mind fuck here.

Yeah, I really get that. I was gonna make my comment longer by kinda asking exactly what you just explained, but I just left it where I did. Now, being was present in order for the decision to not make my comment longer over making it longer to be made. Geesh.,,, decisions, decisions, that aren't really decisions....

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@thierry How exactly would you define "will"? 

Action, freedom to act.

A man can choose what he wants but not want what he wants.

- Arthur Schopenhauer -

In other words: You don't have (free) will. WILL HAS YOU.

chris-rock-slap-will-smith-slap.gif

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@thierry What does this freedom to act say about choice? A choice is a limitation you put upon yourself. To choose requires a set of things (in this case actions) to choose from, and a decision maker. But you ARE already EVERYTHING! You can't choose one part over the other part, because you're ALL the parts simultaneously and non-simultaneously. This of course includes every possible way to deceive yourself into thinking that this was not the case.

beep boop

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@thierry What does this freedom to act say about choice? A choice is a limitation you put upon yourself. To choose requires a set of things (in this case actions) to choose from, and a decision maker. But you ARE already EVERYTHING! You can't choose one part over the other part, because you're ALL the parts simultaneously and non-simultaneously. This of course includes every possible way to deceive yourself into thinking that this was not the case.

Fortunately I indeed found a way to put a limitation over myself.

A limitation that completes the unlimited perfectly and this limitation is called :

CHOICE.

@thierry You are EVERY limitation. Not just that particular one. This particular limitation is a inevitability of infinite consciousness. This moment could not NOT have been the case, thus we're here.

beep boop

25 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@thierry You are EVERY limitation. Not just that particular one. This particular limitation is a inevitability of infinite consciousness. This moment could not NOT have been the case, thus we're here.

Okay thanks.

I’m awake. Right now I’m awake.

there is no past, no future, no life story.

only the present moment.

I’m born now, I’m dead now.

I never did anything. I’ll never do anything. 

I am just now.

Notice that there is ultimately only one decision, not two. Forget all your theorizing, you only ever experience one choice, which is the one that you pick. You don't make two decisions, you "pick." But what did you pick from? Your imagination? Do your choices vanish when you stop imagining? Contemplate!

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

You - Infinity
Choice - No Choice
Choice in the Moment - Patterned Fate
Individual - Infinity
Life - Death

Same thing.

Edited by BlueOak

@Princess Arabia of course you are making a choice to write this here

So the answer is you

"You" are making choices every moment whether you are aware of it or not

But I'm telling you to be aware right now pay attention its not difficult to realise that you've made your own choices all through your life

2 hours ago, Atb210201 said:

@Princess Arabia of course you are making a choice to write this here

So the answer is you

"You" are making choices every moment whether you are aware of it or not

But I'm telling you to be aware right now pay attention its not difficult to realise that you've made your own choices all through your life

Are you sure about that. Ok, I'll take your word for it. Same difference. 

17 hours ago, BlueOak said:

You - Infinity
Choice - No Choice
Choice in the Moment - Patterned Fate
Individual - Infinity
Life - Death

Same thing.

Dual - Non-Dual.

On 2/5/2024 at 9:20 PM, Osaid said:

Notice that there is ultimately only one decision, not two. Forget all your theorizing, you only ever experience one choice, which is the one that you pick. You don't make two decisions, you "pick." But what did you pick from? Your imagination? Do your choices vanish when you stop imagining? Contemplate!

Profound

You have choice, its just the human doesn't get to pick what choices are available or how the actions from those choices turn out. So you both have choice and don't have choice. Determinism and Free Will are one and the same. God is deterministic, God determines the outcomes in the present moment. Your human self doesn't have Absolute Free Will but your God head does.

Your true identity is pure potentiality. That identity has pure free will and cannot be controlled by anything because it is absolute. You are pure potentiality manifested as a human being making decisions and also experiencing the limitations associated with being that human. You chose everything that is currently happening, you are just not in a state where you are aware of that. If you were, you couldn't have a life because life is a present moment of surprise. 

No surprise if you are all knowing....so limited you shall be to experience life.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.