bebotalk

smiling at strangers

96 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

i just think smiling at strangers is cringe.

Okay fine.

Thinking that small acts of optimisim and kindness in this divided world are cringe - thats cringe.

Spiritual journey eventually requires you to accept cringe parts of yourself.

No need to be that intelectual, that smart, that serious.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

On 2024-02-18 at 0:20 PM, bebotalk said:

I'm amused and not frustrated. you genuinely believe everybody is or should be morose and humourless. Or be perfectly erudite in speech or thought. I believe that's an unhealthy and unreasonable standard for all to adhere to. I don't see why a mix of emotions is bad. You probably concocted this worldview in a formative part of life but then despite being smart haven't even ever questioned it. And you think this abnormal standard is what everybody should adhere to, since having a balance of emotions in given circumstances which has long been proven to be psychologically healthy is bad based on your inner edgelord psychology. 

It's why you let some Indian kid chat the biggest BS out, since he's a fellow from your kind. so it's all some grand bias looool.

:)

I love you too 

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

On 22/02/2024 at 10:48 AM, Arthogaan said:

Okay fine.

Thinking that small acts of optimisim and kindness in this divided world are cringe - thats cringe.

Spiritual journey eventually requires you to accept cringe parts of yourself.

No need to be that intelectual, that smart, that serious.

Yes, it is cringe imho. strangers are random people, who warrant a basic level of respect of course but they aren't friends. I expect, for one, to be left alone in public and don't need people I don't know to warm to me to make me feel happy. I'm also not spiritual, but if being such means ignoring rudimentary interpersonal skills and assuming there is one way to view life, then it's not for me. I don't see either perspective as better, though I don't concur with those saying one should smile at strangers. spiritualists do tend to hate other perspectives, and have sociopathic views/conduct. 

7 hours ago, Salvijus said:

:)

I love you too 

Well, I don't certainly love nor like you. I'm not bothered if you don't either, though you tend to expect others to welcome you no matter what, so it's something that can be exploited all the same.

You genuinely believe human beings don't have a variety of emotions. This was a truth long before the advent of modern psychology. You think some edgelord opinion you made up is a fact for all. 

You reckon you can arbitrarily select who posts what and in what tone. Like you obviously favour the Indian kids posting the biggest BS out since they're of your culture and/or faith. and you assume everybody else goes along with your whims and subjective views also. it's also comically hypocritical when you speak about wisdom and being smart. it's a near sociopathic arrogance stated there.  For a wise man, as you often claim, you have very weak impulse control, and thus cannot ignore things you dislike which even don't breach the stated forum rules but your own inner whims/values. 

19 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

Yes, it is cringe imho. strangers are random people, who warrant a basic level of respect of course but they aren't friends. I expect, for one, to be left alone in public and don't need people I don't know to warm to me to make me feel happy. I'm also not spiritual, but if being such means ignoring rudimentary interpersonal skills and assuming there is one way to view life, then it's not for me. I don't see either perspective as better, though I don't concur with those saying one should smile at strangers. spiritualists do tend to hate other perspectives, and have sociopathic views/conduct. 

People smiling at you does not equal to not leaving you alone. It's not patting you on the back. It's their face and they can do what they like with it, and smiling is a pretty damn good thing to do with one's face. It's like expecting no one will look at you. 

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

there are different ways of being, Mr. spiritual. it's not something that fazes the masses, though it probably does based on what your guru tells you. 

The rationale behind smiling at people is recognising them. and yes, it is leaving alone, since it's inherently connected. if one notices another smiling, then it can be for a reason, and why shouldn't a person interpret that action? not all engagements have to be physical, as you suggest. You're making many illogical connections and assumptions. And yes, everybdy has freedom. but others will have the freedom to interpret your facial expressions in which way they choose. why is your freedom of greater value than others? As you're that wise, you don't think that people might think "what's he smiling at?" or "oh he's happy" if they notice one smiling? It seems you cannot handle a different perspective. many adults do, but then possibly spiritualists are the exception. 

Edited by bebotalk

3 hours ago, bebotalk said:

Well, I don't certainly love nor like you.

Awww. I thought we had a special bond :|. Oh well, it's good that you don't like me. It will bring us closer. ;)hehe

Edited by Salvijus

On 23/02/2024 at 5:38 PM, Salvijus said:

Awww. I thought we had a special bond :|. Oh well, it's good that you don't like me. It will bring us closer. ;)hehe

i know it triggers you. you genuinely think based on your temple upbringing that's how adults interpersonally relate. i just know how your brain works and how to move around it.

Posted (edited)

@bebotalk lets have some truce. This conflict is not healthy for both of us. And it will never end in the manner that we talk to each other. 

Unless you prefer to be continuesly boiling with the fire of internal conflict and frustration and judgement. Then good luck with that to you. 

It's an offer for peace.  Take it or leave it. 

Either way I'm out of this. 

Tcare 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Zeroguy said:

Admins give them points @Salvijus @bebotalk to both of them.

A single chance to redeem yourself is worth more than ten thousand punishments. 

And who would perceive the need for punishment when effort is being made to stop conflict and bring about coherence? That is poor judgement imo. And probably incorrect perception of the situation to begin with. 

This comment also has a strong "let the one without ego cast the first stone" vibe to me. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

On 02/03/2024 at 10:01 AM, Salvijus said:

@bebotalk lets have some truce. This conflict is not healthy for both of us. And it will never end in the manner that we talk to each other. 

Unless you prefer to be continuesly boiling with the fire of internal conflict and frustration and judgement. Then good luck with that to you. 

It's an offer for peace.  Take it or leave it. 

Either way I'm out of this. 

Tcare 

You assume a lot. I'm only challenging you since you claim to have some "right" to dictate what people post here. You claim to be"wise" but you don't get rudimentary social contexts, and you show impulse maladadpativities and possibly some ADHD. It's why you let some Indian kid post trite nonsense, but then come down on me for the same. Since apparently humans don't have a mix of emotions and behaviours and we're always erudite, strong, and stoic all the time. 

You're just too egocentric and arrogant to not act on your impulses, and your "social prowess" isnt' that strong. We innately gauge the social vibe and act accordingly. It's why people don't tell a supermarket cashier that their boobs are looking hot. 

Moreover, you spiritualists have such narrow views. Why do you assume that this minor beef means anything to me in the grand scheme? People go through a lot worse, and not the human condition isn't to feel benighted all the time. Your guru was clearly very limited at it stands. 
I've told you continually why I barrack you. I don't and won't ever accept your "right" to "limit" who posts what, and only because of your own subjective thinking or perceptions, based on arrogance and bad impulse control. If you don't want "beef", then you can control yourself. but you won't, since your engagement with other humans is arrogant. It's highly amusing that you cannot handle people being negative to you. 

You like to assume that everybody has to be nice to you, no matter what. you must have learnt that when young, or it's your innately arrogant psychology. we're not owed anything, and you're that special. people can relate to you in any way they choose, and your inner brain of "specialdom" is comical and false. By your logic, you could probably kill your neighbours' kids, and you'd assume they should respect you. 

It's you who cannot read, comprehend stuff properly, and likes to regulate human freedom for petty/uber-subejctive reasons and lacks any real impulse control. As a human, I don't take kindly to others who limit my freedom for arbitrary reasons.

Edited by bebotalk

Posted (edited)

@bebotalk you could've just sayed "no I prefer conflict, anger, judgement, bickering rather than friendship, goodwill, open light discussion without any name calling" 

It's okay. I honor your choice. I hope it brings you happyness:) 

Was nice talking to you

Chau chau 👋✌️

Edited by Salvijus

On 08/03/2024 at 1:42 PM, Salvijus said:

@bebotalk you could've just sayed "no I prefer conflict, anger, judgement, bickering rather than friendship, goodwill, open light discussion without any name calling" 

It's okay. I honor your choice. I hope it brings you happyness:) 

Was nice talking to you

Chau chau 👋✌️

I'm not here for friendship, and you grossly overstate the "effect" this has on me. It's also "happiness", you idiot. You don't get the right to invent your own version of English! You're just some random person online whom I don't nor want to know. 

And who gets highly triggered at normal human conduct. humans are not always erudite. it's a simple fact, Mr. wise man. you're not wise at all. You get internally triggered over who is trite or not. Why apportion basic human emotions or who can express what? we're all free. if that offends you, then you think like Hitler. 

This is you - "I don't like him, so I want to STOP HIM from expressing publicly the full range of normal human states!! cos I RULE PEOPLE!!"" cool, brother. i don't seek to "rule" anybody. I like being easy going with balanced social skills and reactions. 

Posted (edited)

@bebotalk 🥱 there's no need to be so mean... lol. 

6 hours ago, bebotalk said:

. i don't seek to "rule" anybody. I like being easy going with balanced social skills and reactions

Nice. I'm happie (happy-pie) for you :)

Edited by Salvijus

Seems you learnt this attitude from your temple.

Well nobody has to care about your views. you don't regulate anybody. it's funny how others adhere to that and you don't.

people aren't singularly morose. that's a belief you concocted in your head and project like an angsty teenager. 

you also don't get that your spiritual beliefs don't align with reality. so if you killed your neigbhour's children, would you still expect them to respect you? so according to you, there is never any enmity in life. ever. wow, spoilt and "enlightened". 

it's you are selective, imposing and angsty over normal human behaviour. maybe if you don't want beef, don't assume that your views must be heeded or taken as primary all the time. i know that your temple as a youth probably hated tact or thought selection, but still. I'm amused me point this out triggers you, since apparently it's never been human to realise we're not owed anything and we all must be viewed positively no matter what. 

i guess you'll come at me again when I post something not to your subjective liking. I'll make a note not to care and not engage in any "discussions". 

For a "wise man" your perceptions aren't wise, and they're frankly quite splintered and selectively applied. i guess your temple told you everybody has t fear you...lol. not how most people move, but then yes, your mental constructs "win". 

7 hours ago, Salvijus said:

@bebotalk 🥱 there's no need to be so mean... lol. 

Nice. I'm happie (happy-pie) for you :)

And you look stupid in that you don't know rudimentary English words.

angry-man-arms-crossed-260nw-204997450.j I imagine this to be you.  If you're wise, then you keep on projecting your inner state. It's pretty obvious, nay self-evident, that your internal psychology is at play here. You do comically think everybody fears you - you obviously think/feel things and assume it's true. Mr. expert life/social skills/wisdom. 

12 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

I imagine this to be you. 

I imagine you to look like Homer Simpson.

1 hour ago, bebotalk said:

I imagine this to be you

Haha. Lol

I always imagined myself like this tho: B|

I guess we have different upbringings. you were raised spoilt and boisterous. I was raised respectfully and not to be pushy. And that people have free will, and I dn't need to act on every random impulse I feel. if I violate the tenets of your church in opposing you or merely daring to suggest that people aren't fearful of you and it's retarded to assume such, so be it.