bebotalk

smiling at strangers

96 posts in this topic

On 09/02/2024 at 7:42 PM, Salvijus said:

Nice. That was pretty good response :)

I'm comfident one day we'll agree on something :D

what response? you actually believe that humans only have and should have one morose experience or feeling. Your pastors clearly aren't that learned, since they teach you nonsense. 

35 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

what response? you actually believe that humans only have and should have one morose experience or feeling. Your pastors clearly aren't that learned, since they teach you nonsense. 

I emphasize with your frustration. It's not easy to talk to me :D but you're doing well imo 🙏 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

On 2/7/2024 at 5:02 PM, bebotalk said:

Is this an attempt to gaslight?

On 2/7/2024 at 5:04 PM, bebotalk said:

Manipulation is what you're doing right now. 

The level of irony is superb. How are you going to call out other people for suposedly gaslighting you (when they didn't) while ACTUALLY gaslighting someone else in the very next post?

You've got to deal with your issues and stop protecting them onto other people dude. People who believe that everyone around is constantly trying to manipulate them are either really insecure, projecting their own manipulative personality, or both.

Try to do better than that.

beep boop

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

The level of irony is superb. How are you going to call out other people for suposedly gaslighting you (when they didn't) while ACTUALLY gaslighting someone else in the very next post?

You've got to deal with your issues and stop protecting them onto other people dude. People who believe that everyone around is constantly trying to manipulate them are either really insecure, projecting their own manipulative personality, or both.

Try to do better than that.

I don't get dictated to by strangers, or people who were raised in spiritual environments that de-emphasise individual will. Her tone was manipulative by way of using imprecise language that wasn't connected to the germane point at hand. 

10 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

I don't get dictated to by strangers

Then don't. I'm not forcing you to grow as a person.

beep boop

20 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Then don't. I'm not forcing you to grow as a person.

lol. more manipulation. 

Who mentioned growth? Or that I should grow? I think you're influenced by an Indian temple or something. this indirect and sublimiinal communication style as actually quite intriguing. I dont' think any person has to adhere to your points. The obligation to do such is baseless. It's you who is using imprecise English in bad contexts. hence it lends to some pathetic game. 

Edited by bebotalk

23 hours ago, Salvijus said:

I emphasize with your frustration. It's not easy to talk to me :D but you're doing well imo 🙏 

I'm amused and not frustrated. you genuinely believe everybody is or should be morose and humourless. Or be perfectly erudite in speech or thought. I believe that's an unhealthy and unreasonable standard for all to adhere to. I don't see why a mix of emotions is bad. You probably concocted this worldview in a formative part of life but then despite being smart haven't even ever questioned it. And you think this abnormal standard is what everybody should adhere to, since having a balance of emotions in given circumstances which has long been proven to be psychologically healthy is bad based on your inner edgelord psychology. 

It's why you let some Indian kid chat the biggest BS out, since he's a fellow from your kind. so it's all some grand bias looool.

@bebotalk I wrote something out but I deleted it because I'm not going to engage with your manipulations any further. Have a nice day.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

28 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@bebotalk I wrote something out but I deleted it because I'm not going to engage with your manipulations any further. Have a nice day.

it's not me who is manipulating. I don't engage with others in that way.

There is this weird social construct that If I am happy I should not show this too much because someone who is sad could be bothered by this, so let's all just tune down our happiness and live in a fucking meek society.

It's a ridiculous deep program. Fuck it. Bliss out in public. Smile to everyone if you feel like it. Culture of Bliss babee.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

8 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

There is this weird social construct that If I am happy I should not show this too much because someone who is sad could be bothered by this, so let's all just tune down our happiness and live in a fucking meek society.

It's a ridiculous deep program. Fuck it. Bliss out in public. Smile to everyone if you feel like it. Culture of Bliss babee.

it's cringe to assume others care about one person's happiness, or that one "needs" to display it. 

1 hour ago, bebotalk said:

it's cringe to assume others care about one person's happiness,

I did not say other's care. What I say is that there is a construct of some kind of "politeness" that I should not bliss out in public because some "serious grown up" may not like it.

1 hour ago, bebotalk said:

"needs" to display it. 

I did not say need or should. I said if you want to bliss out and smile then do it. If you don't then don't. 

3 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

I did not say other's care. What I say is that there is a construct of some kind of "politeness" that I should not bliss out in public because some "serious grown up" may not like it.

I did not say need or should. I said if you want to bliss out and smile then do it. If you don't then don't. 

a guru-derived view isn't the only acceptable view. nor is mine. 

4 hours ago, bebotalk said:

a guru-derived view isn't the only acceptable view. nor is mine. 

What guru derived view?

Let me ask you something.

Do you believe that if I meditated for 1 hour in the morning and now I am literally blissing out because I see the beauty of Creation anywhere, then i have all the right to smile in public and radiate that love onto others? 

I often remember a glance of love that a yogi gave me in an ashram with a smile . He was in a state of bliss , and even though I was a total stranger to him, it did not prevent him from expressing his inner happiness in the form of a loving smile to me. 

It was really a very beautiful moment. 

In a place with high prana energy levels, it is natural to have smiles and loving glances at each other.  The high prana levels automatically bring the mind to a nondual state. 

In eastern philosophy, nonduality is the true state as a unitary consciousness is considered to be behind the multiplicity and diversity of the material world, 

The more unconscious one is due to psychological issues or low prana levels, the more he or she is bound to be in a dualistic state due to fear, anxiety, stress and competitiveness. In such a society it is natural to be suspicious and not smile at strangers or even at known ones. 

People will say it is prudent to be skeptical, unsmiling and mistrustful, but it is a good gauge for the unconsciousness levels in that society.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

On 2/4/2024 at 2:56 PM, Lila9 said:

Of course a smile needs to be perceived as genuine to have a good effect, fake smiles and toxic positivity may do worse.

A genuine smile is an indicator of excellent inner health. 

But a fake smile is still better than a grumpy face, and over time it can transform to a genuine smile as well as conscious actions can evoke corresponding feelings. 

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

On 19/02/2024 at 0:48 AM, Arthogaan said:

You're free to do as you please. I didn't say otherwise. But given how spiritualists interpret rudimentary English, they'd think that's what i WAS saying. 

Edited by bebotalk

4 hours ago, bebotalk said:

You're free to do as you please. I didn't say otherwise. But given how spiritualists interpret rudimentary English, they'd think that's what i WAS saying. 

I have one thing to say to you my friend. Love more, care less.

15 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

I have one thing to say to you my friend. Love more, care less.

spiritualists are very presumptive. assuming i must care about their views or vids.

and they take offence at such refusal, since they hate interpersonal freedom. or assume that they can influence others at all times. when they refuse to think "oh they're not interested, let me move on!" and will most likely act the same way to a hustler in the street without realising it's the same principle at hand. or they don't wish to realise it. 

i just think smiling at strangers is cringe. i don't see why people need to, though if others want to, so be it. we're all different. provided people aren't causing harm to others in public, then i don't see any requirement to smile at strangers. i personally don't need random people i don't know to smile at me, or make me feel warmer. that's my own responsibility.  it's further cringe to suggest that others will judge people for not smiling. it's oddly invasive and intrusive and needless to boot. If you're going to the shops to buy groceries then just go and get your weekly shop. you shouldn't imho worry about people in your vicinity not smiling or not. your own life, family, spouse, kids, job, etc. are more important, or should be to you. 

we've all said our opinions. that's that then.