Muhammad Jawad

How do I fix my Habit of Overeating after Spiritual Awakening?

11 posts in this topic

Hello All!

I hope you are doing well.

I need your suggestion.

Whenever I am hungry I do overeating and I eat unhealthy.

Then after overeating, I go through from guilt and regret. And promise myself to never do overeating.

And when I am hungry again, I do overeating again.

And this cycle keep repeating.

There 2 personalities in me. 1st is fearless and careless about the health and fitness and force me to do overeating and 2nd personality is very concerned about the health and fitness and force me to eat less and eat healthy only. 

When 1st personality is active and awake, I do overeating and at that time 2nd personality is sleeping who want the opposite. And when the 2nd is awake the 1st one is sleeping. 

Right now I am the 2nd personality who is talking to you and want to eat less and very concerned about my health and fitness.

How do I eat less when my 2nd personality is sleeping and 1st one is awake? 

As awareness I feel like God but still it looks like I am slave of my own urges, deep mental tendencies, emotions, feelings and still unable fix my habits.

What do I do? 

Edited by Muhammad Jawad

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

What does “overeating” mean?
Does God impose a calorie total? lol.

All joking aside, you could simply look for foods that are more complete or which in any case have a better satiety index.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Being too thin is not healthy, most bodybuilders are tired and have low testosterone levels.

Men who are slightly overweight live longer than thin people.

@Muhammad Jawad Simple answer is You've only had a small taste of Awakening, not the whole thing yet, its not intense enough yet in your experience so that your normal tendencies and cravings are set aside.

If Your very Awakened, to an intense state of experience and its sustainable, then you will have no cravings, no attachments, no addictions, your fully aware and conscious of all your actions (physical, mental, emotional, energetic) and can control them, so what you need to do is increase the intensity of Your Awakening, start some practices that do this for You..

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Muhammad Jawad You could embrace the concept of the inner child. Maybe your inner child wants certain foods. Were you banned from certain cravings as a child? Are you indulging now? Do inner child work. Embrace your inner child. Soothe your inner child. Reassure your inner child.

Or you could say it is "spiral dynamics." You may be greedy or gluttonous for certain foods. So indulge yourself and satisfy the cravings. Hopefully you will see it does not bring satisfaction to your higher cravings for harmony. You will then move up to the next stage of spiral dynamics.

Or maybe your drug use knocked down your security system and false beliefs. You have exposed your anxiety. You may be eating your feelings or trying to medicate your anxiety.

You could also join a eating system like Noom to understand your cravings. Noom is an app.

Good luck. :)

58 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Men who are slightly overweight live longer than thin people.

Good. Less time for me to witness human nonsense :P

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Stop by removing the guilt and regret.

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Good. Less time for me to witness human nonsense :P

Well, I will be the one who loves it, including yours :ph34r:

Hands out a chip*

If you are minimally awake, your control over your actions is total, everything you do has a purpose, every moment you update your interior with the exterior, since you perceive that they are one. If you are divided, it is because you are in a state of anxiety. You think you are awake because you have had visions on psychedelic trips, but that is nothing, awakening is dissolving the limits, if there are no limits, existence flows 

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

awakening is dissolving the limits, if there are no limits, existence flows 

The first part of your message I aligned with, this part I completely flip on its head.

A flow state can be experienced by anyone.
Being stuck can be experienced by anyone. 

Increased awareness might mean you can get in the flow more easily, so does drive, ambition, success, luck, or a positive outlook. I'd caution an absolute view, because otherwise, for example, you could well have an experience you consider unconscious and thus negative in some form. You could remain blocked for a year, not realising the block was the point, or the acceptance of X was the point, or or or, do you understand? An absolute view of anything is only ever going to get challenged or hinder you one day.

By your definition, I am the least awake or aware person on Earth. I mean that almost literally, you will not find someone so far out of a flow state than me, that has incredible difficulty manifesting anything at all other than the act itself. So I take that to mean I must appreciate the act for what it is, not the result, with your view the lesson I have to repeat until I (love/accept/integrate it) would be missed.

@Muhammad Jawad

When the urge to overeat comes up, stay with that feeling instead of eating it away. Go sit with it, feel what its telling you. Be there for it. Help it. Learn from it. Protect it. Let it protect you. Comfort it. These are merely examples. If an image comes to you, visualize the image or part of you it is. If it's an emotion instead, go with that. Trust you'll know what to do.

If you need help this book worked for me: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Completion-Process-Practice-Yourself-Together/dp/1401951449

It sounds like you are aware of two personalities. Its likely there'll be many pieces of you, and sometimes these patterns or behaviors conflict.

Much of her work is about the integration of these personalities, and the last short video here is about ego work. The AND consciousness as she described, as it might help you also.

I like to, as the book instructs, spend time with a personality as i've discussed, really feel what its telling you and understand the message, and only if it wants to slowly integrate it to the whole (adult me) visually and feeling it complete in the emotional body. You might find it held in some area of the body. Often it's a childhood part of you being protected by the protective personality you are experiencing, so I'd treat it with care. Though it could in your case be two adult voices that you've heard somewhere, maybe family, society, role models, or close friends, and you have conflicting messages attached to food or freedom to eat. So you could meditate on what food and eating means to you.

I often disagree with Teal but rarely on the internal world.

*If there is any mistrust or resistance that comes up, I assure a pattern/piece/personality two things. 1, It can remain a piece of you as long as it likes, 2, By becoming you, it can express itself through you any time it wants in alignment with the rest of you.

Edited by BlueOak