gambler

The question of God's gender

19 posts in this topic

I thought there would be no resistance to say God is genderless, but recently I got pushback on this with the counter claim that God is actually a woman/female. And that's because the universe gave us life and is an expression of love or something of that sort was said. But this to me seems anachronistic to anthropomorphize a higher source entity, it's like putting the cart before the horse. The universe doesn't have a vagina/penis or breasts/muscles, why does it need to be anthropomorphized? What do you think when it comes to God's gender? Is it more accurate to say God is genderless or a female?

Neither is accurate because they are distinctions and dualities. The question makes no sense in the context of God, unless you anthropomorphize God. A lack of gender is equally a distinction and anthropomorphization as answering with a gender, because you are putting a limitation which says "God can't be this gender." People just assume that their questions make sense when in reality their questions only exist inside of their intellect.

It is like asking: "Is God this distinction or that distinction?" No distinction will say what God is because those distinctions happen inside of God.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

God is a man, a woman, a raccoon, a dinosuar, a coffee table, a toilet, the sun, etc.

A biased mind can exclusively identify God with any one of these things because God is Everything. This means, if your mind has a bias for raccoons, your God will be a raccoon, and that will be true, but a limited realization of God.

If you want the full realization of God then you must realize it as pure Infinity.

God is an Infinite Mind, so it can become any form.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

really appreciate the insights, thank you

24 minutes ago, gambler said:

I thought there would be no resistance to say God is genderless, but recently I got pushback on this with the counter claim that God is actually a woman/female. And that's because the universe gave us life and is an expression of love or something of that sort was said. But this to me seems anachronistic to anthropomorphize a higher source entity, it's like putting the cart before the horse. The universe doesn't have a vagina/penis or breasts/muscles, why does it need to be anthropomorphized? What do you think when it comes to God's gender? Is it more accurate to say God is genderless or a female?

GOD created gender. 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

God is a man, a woman, a raccoon, a dinosuar, a coffee table, a toilet, the sun, etc.

Is God a table, or something that God imagines? 

26 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Is God a table, or something that God imagines? 

What’s the difference? 

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

God is The holy spirit, God is Flesh, God is the father of all creation.

God is only good. He is the alpha and the omega. 

You are made in His image so you have an eternal soul in a body.

With the holy spirit recived through Jesus you can be one with God. 

His saints transgressions is already nailed to the cross.

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

What’s the difference? 

It is about whether a table could hold some sort of awareness or not. I mean, could God experience being a table? Or is it something the conscious beings imagine?

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Just now, LSD-Rumi said:

It is about whether a table could hold dome sort of awareness or not. I mean, could God experience being a rock? Or is it something the conscious beings imagine?

There’s nothing but Consciousness, and that includes rocks and tables and brains.

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

God is pure love and creativity. That's a feminine quality. 

But also underneath all creation there is utter nothingness. That's a masculine quality. 

So you have both. Creation is made between both feminine and masculine at the same.

Existence needs both to exist I believe. There can't be sound without silence. And silence exists only in contrast to the sound. Both are interdependent to each other.

YinYang is one thing, not two things. But also two things. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

You have no clue what God is. Very egoistic view on God you have.

When you take a shit, that shit, is also God. But God is not shit.

God is the infinite ISNESS

It exists in everything, but nothing exists in God.

God is the awareness, is the conciousness for existence itself.

6 hours ago, MellowEd said:

God is The holy spirit, God is Flesh, God is the father of all creation.

God is only good. He is the alpha and the omega. 

You are made in His image so you have an eternal soul in a body.

With the holy spirit recived through Jesus you can be one with God. 

His saints transgressions is already nailed to the cross.

That tells me you don't know what God is and you think you know what God is, due to reading Bible or something

You need to realize God for yourself to know what God is, reading books won't reveal him to you. 

6 hours ago, Anonman90 said:

That tells me you don't know what God is and you think you know what God is, due to reading Bible or something

You need to realize God for yourself to know what God is, reading books won't reveal him to you. 

Heard this hundreds of times before. I have put in the work and minbenders myself to become "enlightened". Used to claim i was God. Now i fear this statement.

Took a knife to the heart and realized it's not nothing on the other side. 

Death won't save you from your trangressions against a higher holy being. 

I also know you have not reached this state, your wisdom is empty and selfish. You are. made in His image who is. No matter how much dmt or meditation you do, YOU ARE. 

Heaven is very real, so is hell.

Edited by MellowEd

35 minutes ago, MellowEd said:

Heard this hundreds of times before. I have put in the work and minbenders myself to become "enlightened". Used to claim i was God. Now i fear this statement.

Took a knife to the heart and realized it's not nothing on the other side. 

Death won't save you from your trangressions against a higher holy being. 

I also know you have not reached this state, your wisdom is empty and selfish. You are. made in His image who is. No matter how much dmt or meditation you do YOU ARE. 

Heaven is very real, so is hell.

Seek within, stop seeking outside knowledge.

All answers are within. Until then you'll be a slave of this book or that book, this guy's words or that guy's words.

1 minute ago, Anonman90 said:

Seek within, stop seeking outside knowledge.

All answers are within. Until then you'll be a slave of this book or that book, this guy's words or that guy's words.

You seeking inwardly for you not existing is a waste of time. You are.

Rather seek who God is instead of mocking His name.

1 minute ago, MellowEd said:

You seeking inwardly for you not existing is a waste of time. You are.

Rather seek who God is instead of mocking His name.

Okay Dad!

12 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

Careful now, you're actually doing half decent philosophy...

I am just describing my current experience. 

I use intellect to untangle you from intellect, not push you deeper into it. If you wanna save someone that is trapped in a jungle, you have to traverse that jungle to do it.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

God is stated as "He" in the Bible/Torah because of the norms of the time they were written. Males were seen as leaders and lords, and still are for the most part in the world. 

An eternal, omnipotent being has no need for gender or sex in the real-life sense. With whom would God reproduce? Why would God need large or small gametes?