Spiral

Texting

11 posts in this topic

I’m awful at texting. Which is ironic because I write for a living and critic others writing as a hobby.

I’m so bad at texting that people point it out, guys and girls. I’m typically described as boring or something similar.

I also really dislike texting, I find it boring. One could argue with that people doing things they find boring are themselves boring.

Something that really bugs me about texting is that I often have to “carry the conversation”. It makes me preferably not want to have it at all. 

• Are you good at texting?
  • What makes a good texter?
  • Do you enjoy texting?
Edited by Spiral

I stopped focusing on texting and I got great results. I focused on the interaction first and then girls even start texting first and if not texting was easy even when I text

If we texted and I have to carry everything I knew nothing was going to happen anyway

@Spiral If you don't do online dating I don't see how one can be awful at texting. The problem is trying to have a conversation via text.

Are the people who think it's important enough to point out your texting style people you look up to? Texting is a good tool to set up meet ups or dates but a bad tool for conversation.

@meta_male I don’t really date at all.

In this case it was setting up a meetup with strangers. 

While it isn’t people I look up to(nor down on) it’s so common I must be doing something wrong.

Like for instance

We ended up chatting on an anonymous forum. The reason was that both of us wanted to have a meetup and she asked me to tell her more about myself.

I told her my age, gender and that I was new in town(it’s not clear in that forum). Minimalistic absolutely but we’ll get to talk more on the meetup.

That was super boring apparently. 

Edited by Spiral

@Spiral I see. I personally wouldn't have been bored by this question and had a bit more to say about myself, especially if asked. If you send out minimalistic, you'll get back minimalistic. Seems you set up the meet though 👍

I've also been told several times I'm coming off really introverted, which was because I was like that in real life too. Can you have interesting, meaningful conversation in person? Do you naturally lead?

Edited by meta_male

@meta_male Yeah it worked out fine, I’ll probably hang out with her again.

I’m great with conversation in person it’s really just the texting bit that I’m struggling with.

We did make out and she wanted to hook up.

7 minutes ago, Spiral said:

I’m great with conversation in person it’s really just the texting bit that I’m struggling with.

I’m the complete opposite. Struggle in person yet great at texting conversation.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

What is texting? The way you express your thoughts,feelings,views,sides of yourself through words,pictures,voice messages.

So its not about being a bad texter its about you not being interesting,charistmatic,being able to move things,having creativity etc.

You just lack all of that overall, what will help you in communication over text with women is learning poetry,same as in face to face no difference, if the way artist express themselves in songs through lyrics draws you to showcase who you are..

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Spiral Sounds like you're being too logical. Be more humorous and playful. See my video: How To Be Funny, and apply. Humor is a skill that takes a few years of practice to hone. You can practice being humorous on this forum. I do.

Instagram is a good source to mine for humor. You can grab funny pics, jokes, memes, etc. Using funny pics makes texting better. I developed my own repository of funny pics. It's like a visual language. You can use that to spice up your texts.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You have to let go of resistance and just flow it out like you would do with a turd. You are weighing everything you type and that is why you have constipation so to say. In the beginning you will burn some bridges but it is part of the game. You have to lose some to gain some.