shree

NORD VPN Subscription Scam Alert: Overcharged and Ignored

12 posts in this topic

(This post can be moved/deleted if it does not belong here. I just wanted to express my frustration.)

Hey everyone,

I'm sharing my recent NORD VPN horror story. As a loyal user, I was slammed with a big overcharge a whopping 15 days before my subscription was set to end. To make matters worse, my attempts to cancel it earlier fell on deaf ears at NORD VPN.

Their customer service responses were a complete joke – unhelpful and utterly disinterested in resolving the issue. This lack of care is seriously not cool, especially from a company that boasts about privacy and security.

It genuinely feels like they're more interested in pocketing cash than delivering a decent service. If you're considering NORD VPN, think twice.

Be cautious with your subscriptions, folks!

Can you share thoughts and advice on navigating this mess? 

Yeah and now they lose more customers than the profits they gain from defrauding and you. 

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

Why would anyone use NordVPN? 

Don't you realize they are so popular the US Feds probably have a wire directly into their datacenter?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

expressvpn cancelled my service with no problems

1 hour ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Yeah and now they lose more customers than the profits they gain from defrauding and you. 

It's just a ridiculous system that they have. it's disgusting.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't you realize they are so popular the US Feds probably have a wire directly into their datacenter?

I haven't looked at it from that angle before – an intriguing perspective.

12 minutes ago, Yali said:

expressvpn cancelled my service with no problems

I should have used something like that in the first place.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Good. Let them be dumbstruck by my collection of NerdyPRN.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

The whole point of a VPN is to find a small unpopular provider who is not worth tracking. And then don't tell anyone about it. And if it ever gets popular you switch to an unpopular one.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, shree said:

It genuinely feels like they're more interested in pocketing cash than delivering a decent service.

You mean like 95% of VPN providers? xD

Edited by Girzo

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What kind of stuff do you get up to that you have to try to avoid the Feds? xD

I'd mainly use it for security against malicious actors.

Glory to Israel

2 minutes ago, Scholar said:

What kind of stuff do you get up to that you have to try to avoid the Feds? xD

I'd mainly use it for security against malicious actors.

Breaking News:

The Feds are the malicious actors 

:ph34r:

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

After three days of struggles with customer support, I sought advice from ChatGPT regarding my NordVPN issue. A suggested solution was to share my experience through bad reviews on various platforms, which I promptly did. Shortly after, I received the following email:

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

We apologize for the inconvenience you're facing. According to our records, the subscription you canceled on 2023-12-21 was activated on the same day.

Before proceeding with the refund, we value our recurring users and would like to offer you an additional 18 months of NordVPN subscription for free! If you choose to continue with our services, you'll have a total of 30 months for your processed purchase.

Please let us know if you'd like to proceed with this plan instead of the refund.

Looking forward to your response.

All the best, 

NordVPN.com

-----------------

I've wasted so much time, and they've really put me in a bad mood. Devils :ph34r:

I am now searching for a less well-known VPN, as our beloved master suggested.

These subscription services are shady. There should be some prepaid bundle that you can buy for some months in advance without letting them charge you every month. 

Or the bank should ask you for permission to charge every month before deduction.

Edited by Bobby_2021