LoneWonderer

I'm Finally Going Vegan (at least for a month)

66 posts in this topic

I'm not going to continue to divert the topic, I'll stop there.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

On 2024-01-07 at 10:18 AM, Schizophonia said:

Post before demonic farts, bad libido and "Tutorial, how to make tomato bean steaks" lol. Seriously you do what you want, but after decades of experience putting my ego aside, my dream is more raw milk, buttered steaks and fruit.

Many ideas presented as evidence of the evolution of consciousness are actually aesthetic postures that are psychologically regressive.

None sense

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

None sense

beggining the question

Posted (edited)

@LoneWonderer As long as you make sure you getting all the right nutrients etc, you should be fine.

Been plant based for years, lots of energy, rock hard dick, good labido,  I’m very athletic, and I’ve planted over 100,000 trees this year 

I have slowly allowed some eggs into my diet because I enjoy them and when planting it helps the cook and me make sure I get enough protein when doing that intense of labour. Though, if I cooked my own food I might opt for other options. 

Plant based/ Vegan diet can be a great way to stay healthy, happy and promote longevity and mental clarity as long as you eat in a balanced way and eat intentionally. 

Diets that include meat, and animals products can also be healthy for people as long as they too eat in moderation and eat a balanced diet. 

Nutrition is a challenging space to know what’s true and it’s best to avoid falling into any dogma about the right diet. Best to be open minded and honest with yourself whether you really know, don’t know, and check biases etc.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

This guy seems good 

◭"89"

@Thought Art that beard is legendary and legit. i wonder if it benefited from the diet

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa probably all the broccoli 

◭"89"

11 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

It's wrong.
B12, EPA and DHA and vitamin A literally do not exist or almost none in the plant world.
All vegans will eventually become impoverished unless they supplement and/or consume ridiculous amounts of flaxseed and carot juice, lol.
The only significant sources of zinc are legumes and assimilation is poor, you can prevent the assimilation of zinc from oysters by consuming them near legumes (I don't remember the study). You don't want to be vegan if you want to minimize prolactin and maximize your fertility.
The same goes for fats/proteins but I'm too lazy to go into that area.

In any case, I'm generally not even interested in going into this field, I'm not a scientist and even less someone who comes up with theories from his ivory tower.

No, what ultimately works for one works for everyone.
We are one and the same species.

And this is not just my personal anecdote, but thousands of testimonies that I have read on different forums.
In fact, even major vegan public figures don't have a good track record, so that should ring a bell.

Ty, i know i'm right when someone respond me something like that. :)

At some point you just gotta respond with memes because the arguments made are stupid to the degree it hurts.
I also work a shitload, you know, like with real people and also their diets - so I just can't respond to everything in detail.
But hey, if you want to debate this one day on Discord, than I would happily do that. 

You are smart but young and caught up in some terminally online epistemology.
I will guarantee you that in 10 years, you will think differently about those topics. 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

B12 comes from bacteria from like dirt and water. 

Most meat your eating that has B12, unless it’s like small farm, organic 

likely was given lots of B12 supplements. 

So you can eat your supplemented fortified B12 from meat or oat milk. Up to you 

◭"89"

All vegans really need to do is add eggs to their diet and it would solve most of their deficiencies, namely B Vitamins and Choline. Get "certified humane" eggs if you can, because the animals are treated better.  That and Greek Yogurt for high quality complete protein go a long ways, and I have to tell you, milled flaxseed tastes so damn good in greek yogurt. I also mix my glycine in it.  Apples taste great dipped in vanilla greek yogurt... my favorite apples being honeycrisp, cosmic crisp, and sweet tango.

Hard boiled eggs made into either an egg salad or put onto salads is a staple. This motherfucker gets a lot of use..

https://www.amazon.com/OXO-1271080-1271080V1-Slicer-White/dp/B00FYL4MY0

The meat I eat at this point consists mostly of eggs, sardines, salmon, trout, and costco canned chicken. I only eat steaks and burgers when I'm out with friends or family.  For protein powder, I pretty much use Orgain exclusively, because I like the taste and consistency when mixed in water and can pour it in cereal without having to use any type of milk, rather just use water.  I also consume pork rinds (for collagen) with oysters (for protein, zinc, and because I like the taste)

Anti-aging diet combined with zone 2/5 cardio and some lifting. I honestly don't even crave western processed foods anymore.

Edited by sholomar

On 09/01/2024 at 10:02 PM, Schizophonia said:

No, what ultimately works for one works for everyone.

Is this you finally admitting that you're gay, cuz that works for me 😘😘

@LoneWonderer Continue on your vegan journey my friend, cast away the cheeseburger's devilish allure! Choose, instead, the virtuous avocado's embrace. Resist the temptations of the unholy patty; opt for the path of verdant purity.

Have any of you mf's heard about a mixed diet

IMG_3207.jpg

Edited by MarkKol

On 10/01/2024 at 9:09 AM, undeather said:

At some point you just gotta respond with memes because the arguments made are stupid to the degree it hurts.

It is not because an argument is based on simple or even primitive logic that it is false, it is not because an argument is elaborate that it is true.
The appetite for fats and salt rather than starches is a strong argument, it is technically a "low level" argument if you will but still solid, tangible.

I also work a shitload, you know, like with real people and also their diets - so I just can't respond to everything in detail.
But hey, if you want to debate this one day on Discord, than I would happily do that. 

If you want, I'm starting to have a little more time and so it will certainly be possible in the coming weeks. :D

My nickname is identical to my actualized nickname.

You are smart but young and caught up in some terminally online epistemology.
I will guarantee you that in 10 years, you will think differently about those topics. 

Maybe, I reject nothing.
I just eat what I want and deduct the foods that might cause me problems.

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

Is this you finally admitting that you're gay, cuz that works for me 😘😘

I know I'm beautiful but still :x

lol

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

@LoneWonderer Continue on your vegan journey my friend, cast away the cheeseburger's devilish allure! Choose, instead, the virtuous avocado's embrace. Resist the temptations of the unholy patty; opt for the path of verdant purity.

Have any of you mf's heard about a mixed diet

IMG_3207.jpg

What a nightmare.
Admit you forced yourself to eat that.

@sholomar eggs are the bomb

The only animal product I buy regularly 

◭"89"

Is someone trying to argue that no vitamin A exists in a Vegan Diet.

Have they heard of Sweet Potatoes at all? I consume sweet potato for that reason.

17 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

Is someone trying to argue that no vitamin A exists in a Vegan Diet.

Have they heard of Sweet Potatoes at all? I consume sweet potato for that reason.

It's beta carotene.

17 hours ago, Thought Art said:

B12 comes from bacteria from like dirt and water. 

Most meat your eating that has B12, unless it’s like small farm, organic 

likely was given lots of B12 supplements. 

So you can eat your supplemented fortified B12 from meat or oat milk. Up to you 

They give B12 to animals to boost their growth. and because their diet is indeed not suitable.
Bacteria that metabolize b12 are found in nature, but there is no significant amount of b12 in nature.

B12 circulates basically in the food chain to the largest mammals, except some which have fermentation chambers with billions of bacteria capable of metabolizing the cobalt of certain plants.

Vegan civilizations do not exist, even most other great apes still in the jungle are omnivores. This should warn us.

1 minute ago, Schizophonia said:

They give B12 to animals to boost their growth. and because their diet is indeed not suitable.
Bacteria that metabolize b12 are found in nature, but there is no significant amount of b12 in nature.

B12 circulates basically in the food chain to the largest mammals, except some which have fermentation chambers with billions of bacteria capable of metabolizing the cobalt of certain plants.

Vegan civilizations do not exist, even most other great apes still in the jungle are omnivores. This should warn us.

This means jack shit. Science and technology allows us to be vegan. It wasn't possible previously, now it is. 

The science suggests it should work now because the options are available to us. 

1 minute ago, ZenAlex said:

This means jack shit. Science and technology allows us to be vegan. It wasn't possible previously, now it is. 

The science suggests it should work now because the options are available to us. 

You can also feed yourself with “Feed”.
That doesn't mean I have any interest in doing it, for plenty of reasons.

Btw, I only stated an archaeological truth. I didn't say it's not possible to be vegan or anything like that.

5 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

You can also feed yourself with “Feed”.
That doesn't mean I have any interest in doing it, for plenty of reasons.

Btw, I only stated an archaeological truth. I didn't say it's not possible to be vegan or anything like that.

Then why bring it up then? If you bring up a point like that it would imply that you're using it as an argument against Veganism.

And there you go "interest". That is probably the main reason you're not vegan, you simply just don't want to, not because you can prove it's insufficient to be healthy. 

Ethically becoming more plant based is the way to go, environmentally it definitely is better. Healthwise the science suggests you can be healthy being vegan.