Rafael Thundercat

Guys, lets stop focus solenly on Trancendence and start Integrating a bit

10 posts in this topic

Another user shared the video on Shadow Work of this guy called Jordn Thornton

https://www.instagram.com/thorntontheory

I feel the work of this guy would help many here just the video below will make you aware why:

At the 8:00 minutes is what I am talking about is about "BETTER LEARNING TO LIVE IN THIS ACTUAL BODY AND EGO YOU ARE" 

INTEGRATION IS THE WORD OF 2024 - yes keep TRANCENDING but dont forget to DECENDENT and EMBODY you WISDOM

E-M-B-O-D-Y

I'm very surprised by his channel honestly. I plan to study his work more.

I feel he complements my awakening path by a profound encounter with my human self. 

@Davino Thank you for the Sharing, I am also in the same integrative path. There is time to go high and Meta, but to stay with the Head on the Stars eventually prove to be a deterimental strategy. The work on the Baseline is as Important as Breakthougths. 

Any thing you find of Value on this direction feel free to share even in direct message

I couldn't agree more. A time comes when we have to make peace with our own ego instead of persistently trying to transcendence it. 

Becoming a well rounded human being with a steady life makes awakening easy.

More on this topic I remembered from Ken Wiber the distictions of Awakeing up and Cleaning up

And in a search I found this. 

"He says New Age spirituality has focused too much on ‘waking up’ — on awakening spiritual experiences — and not enough on ‘cleaning up’ (dealing with one’s psychological problems) and ‘growing up’ (trying to mature into an adult)."

The whole link bellow

https://www.philosophyforlife.org/blog/ken-wilber-and-spiritual-hierarchy

As was discussed somewhere in the Actualized-sphere. There is Hierarchies of Awakening, but sincerly this Awakening rat race I see here is a comedy. Of the most awake or better aware.. 

still from the link:

...if there are aspects of your self that are unrecognized and unowned, then meditation could make it worse, by encouraging you to dissociate from them. You need to own your shit before you can advance spiritually.

3 Minutes in and I think he is very good. I will watch it tomorrow.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Ashtanga Yoga seems to be mostly integration before anything transcendent. So I think it's a good choice as well.

On 1/4/2024 at 7:58 PM, Rafael Thundercat said:

"He says New Age spirituality has focused too much on ‘waking up’ — on awakening spiritual experiences — and not enough on ‘cleaning up’ (dealing with one’s psychological problems) and ‘growing up’ (trying to mature into an adult)."

...if there are aspects of your self that are unrecognized and unowned, then meditation could make it worse, by encouraging you to dissociate from them. You need to own your shit before you can advance spiritually.

This is true in the sense that you should be doing as much shadow work as is feasible at the current level of consciousness.

Realistically, though,  there's a hard ceiling on how much you'll be able to do, because the ego structure is what resists it.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either delusional or is lying to you.

(I'm not sure "cleaning up" and "growing up" are necessarily separate things; conceptually they are, but immaturity can very much be a psychological issue, one and the same.  I find it more useful to view "growing up" as a subset of "cleaning up.")

The entire point of enlightenment is so you can go further in shadow work that you would otherwise have been able to, so it's a tricky dance doing enough of it to propel consciousness to a higher state, and then piggybacking on that to do more shadow work, etc.

So he is substantially right here; meditation alone can just make you dissociate more; however, without advance in level of consciousness, you will be getting frustrated and beating your head against the wall trying to do more shadow work.

Transcendence and integration is a graceful dance.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI