ZenAlex

Doctors not giving me answers, need help.

17 posts in this topic

I have this issue with physical activity. Whenever I exercise now, even if it's just for a 30-60 min walk, I feel irritable, depressed, restless afterwards.

My calories are fine, I've had bloods done a few times, some very complex and nothing is showing as deficient. 

I've had -

Complex blood tests, although gonna try and do more. Blood tests are coming back fine.

ECG's

Blood pressure monitors

Used a blood glucose monitor - Not hypo or diabetic

No drugs, alcohol.

I eat a healthy diet, I'm eating enough calories.

What can you guys suggest? THanks.

Try seeing a Chinese medicine doctor 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 hours ago, Alexop said:

That is weird, how do you feel when not moving?

After a period of time of no exercise I get a reduction in the symptoms.

How do you feel during the exercise, and have you ever been a heavy substance abuser, including sugar?

Edited by Devin

8 minutes ago, Devin said:

How do you feel during the exercise, and have you ever been a heavy substance user including sugar?

No processed foods, no alcohol, no smoking or drugs of any kind, no meds, my sleep is ok 7-8 hours per night.

I notice tightness arising in my body, irritability, sometimes the need to control my swallowing, sometimes a bit of light headedness.

I've ruled out blood sugar as a cause through tests. My blood tests are showing everything seems to be ok.

Can be many things.

It could be certain deficiencies (especially low choline).

It could also be due to poor thyroid function, the failure of oxidative phosphorylation and therefore glycolysis makes any effort much more difficult and by extension stressful.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

6 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

No processed foods, no alcohol, no smoking or drugs of any kind, no meds, my sleep is ok 7-8 hours per night.

I notice tightness arising in my body, irritability, sometimes the need to control my swallowing, sometimes a bit of light headedness.

I've ruled out blood sugar as a cause through tests. My blood tests are showing everything seems to be ok.

Excess cortisol/adrenaline increases alertness.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

49 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Excess cortisol/adrenaline increases alertness.

Yeah. But I've had bloods done which show normal cortisol levels, which was a bummer in a way as I was hoping that that would be the answer.

It could just be your reaction to lactic acid from exercise, you may just need to slowly build up your tolerance which happens naturally. How long has this been a problem, how long have you been exercising?

Do you have a husband or a wife? Do you walk with them? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

21 hours ago, Devin said:

It could just be your reaction to lactic acid from exercise, you may just need to slowly build up your tolerance which happens naturally. How long has this been a problem, how long have you been exercising?

Yea i was also thinking maybe lactic acid

some people have this thing call pem (post exertational malaise)

On 29/12/2023 at 1:17 PM, Devin said:

I've been experiencing these symptoms since September. I've not done any high intensity exercise for a while, and I've been going on no longer than 1 hour walks, and even 1 hour walks trigger symptoms.

This has been going on for 4 months now. It doesn't matter how intense the exercise is, even just walking brings it on. I have to limit it to 7k steps a day, which is 1 hour walking, and even then I'm uncomfortable and doing it partially because I am concerned about becoming sedentary.

It's never happened to me before. I remember even in 2020 I had a period of about 6 months where I was almost completely sedentary playing video games not doing much exercise, and when I got back outside I had no issues. 

It's incredibly strange. 

5 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

It's incredibly strange. 

There are conditions that are absolutely mysterious and not understood by a single doctor. And that’s okay 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

You could try a Chinese medicine doctor for a different opinion. A lot of people poopoo Chinese medicine but it’s actually a pretty good system. They can solve many things western science can’t.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

I've been experiencing these symptoms since September. I've not done any high intensity exercise for a while, and I've been going on no longer than 1 hour walks, and even 1 hour walks trigger symptoms.

This has been going on for 4 months now. It doesn't matter how intense the exercise is, even just walking brings it on. I have to limit it to 7k steps a day, which is 1 hour walking, and even then I'm uncomfortable and doing it partially because I am concerned about becoming sedentary.

It's never happened to me before. I remember even in 2020 I had a period of about 6 months where I was almost completely sedentary playing video games not doing much exercise, and when I got back outside I had no issues. 

It's incredibly strange. 

Wow, I'm so sorry. I would post the problem on all the medical sites, reddit, etc. From exercise, lactic acid causes tightness, and lack of electrolytes or sugar causes fatigue and low mood.

If I were to choose a test for myself besides every blood test, it would be to test for blood clots or heart problems.

Edited by Devin

Posted (edited)

Make sure you get enough sleep and your diet includes enough magnesium, B12, zinc, and choline (great to see someone else mention it) ... the number one problem of a vegan diet is choline deficiency. Taking up eating  hard boiled eggs would make a massive difference to most vegans (certified humane of course)... I use an egg slicer to make them into egg salads.

Sometimes feelings of irritation, annoyance, and discomfort are simply programmed into the brain. I try not to let these feelings control me, but simply observe them mindfully as I control my thoughts and gradually, over time, reprogram my responses to simuli. It is working... though maybe you are just getting older. ;)

Edited by sholomar