Someone here

Is Messi officially the GOAT after wining the world Cup?

12 posts in this topic

After wining the last  world Cup with Argentina. .is Messi officially the best player ever ?

Did that title end the debate between who is better ..Messi or Ronaldo? 

They both left Europe and are playing their last games in their career ...

What do you guys think ?

I'm a Madrid fan so I'm biased towards Ronaldo ..The guy is the top scorer in the UCL..The guy is now 38 and he is the top scorer of 2033 ..Absolutely unbelievable. 

Now I Notice a Decline in Ronaldo's dribbling ability ..That's why he plays as a a classic  Strkier now unlike in his prime days  when used to play as a Left wing . But that's understandable because of age . To be on the top level for a Decade or so surely will take a Toll on you physically and stamina-Wise .

In your unbiased opinion: Who is the real GOAT 🐐. .Messi or Ronaldo? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Zlatan

Lol 

R u for real 😳? 

-Osho

Soccer sucks. Anything good about it is that Zlatan's acrobatic goal lol.

Take it easy, I am just joking BTW :D

Its very close. While Messi's world cup win was incredibly impressive, Argentina has always had a better team than portugal and some players get especially screwed in the national games just because of their nationality. (Like poor Welsh Gareth Bale). I think Ronaldos 5 champions league titles are the most impressive since Barca and Madrid had comparable teams throughout their career. I would give the slight edge to Ronaldo as the goat 

On 23/12/2023 at 1:21 AM, Phil King said:

Its very close. While Messi's world cup win was incredibly impressive, Argentina has always had a better team than portugal and some players get especially screwed in the national games just because of their nationality. (Like poor Welsh Gareth Bale). I think Ronaldos 5 champions league titles are the most impressive since Barca and Madrid had comparable teams throughout their career. I would give the slight edge to Ronaldo as the goat 

But actually as a Ronaldo fan I think Messi is better.  His ball control..dribbling..vision is way better than Ronaldo. 

-Osho

The best of all time for me is the late, great Pele. I can't see any other player winning three World Cups soon. 

As for Messi vs. Ronaldo, I don't like to compare them. It's petty imho. I have a preference for Ronaldo, mainly since as an English football fan I saw and remembered him as a youth at Man United. I feel in some form, his achievements are more impressive, as he has gone to more countries and won. Messi has better technical ability than Ronaldo, though Ronaldo is better in the air and a superior athlete. Though now, both have lost a lot of explosiveness, which is natural as they have aged. Ronaldo was an expert dribbler in his youth, but has become more of a central number 9 these days. 

Both are top talents, so whilst I hold a bias towards Ronaldo, I value both of them as elite footballers and two of the best of all time. I would say that both have usurped the late greats Maradona and Eusebio as the best of their countries.

My top five of all time are - Pele, Ronaldo, Messi, Maradona, Ronaldinho. 

5 hours ago, bebotalk said:

his achievements are more impressive, as he has gone to more countries and won. Messi has better technical ability than Ronaldo, though Ronaldo is better in the air and a superior athlete.

For me that ends the debate . The debate is between two players . Not between teams.  We are not comparing titles and trophy because that extends to include the whole team not a individual player .so the point should be who is better individually?  And the answer to me is simply Messi ..by far. 

-Osho

Messi undoubtedly, not just in footballing awards and achievements. No one can do what he can with a ball, even ronaldo doesn’t come close to his individual talent. Ronaldo is a product of hard work, of course messi works hard but his natural gift as a baller is on another level to everyone.

This is coming from a Man United fan.

He scored 91 goals in a single calender year. Few would believe if it's not recorded.

He won Copa America and World cup with Argentina. The last time Argentina won it was with Maradona.

On 27/12/2023 at 6:45 PM, Someone here said:

For me that ends the debate . The debate is between two players . Not between teams.  We are not comparing titles and trophy because that extends to include the whole team not a individual player .so the point should be who is better individually?  And the answer to me is simply Messi ..by far. 

Achievements are also a factor. People can have their favourites but then all will hold their own metrics of who is better. 

@Someone here

On 22/12/2023 at 1:53 PM, Someone here said:

After wining the last  world Cup with Argentina. .is Messi officially the best player ever ?

Did that title end the debate between who is better ..Messi or Ronaldo? 

They both left Europe and are playing their last games in their career ...

What do you guys think ?

I'm a Madrid fan so I'm biased towards Ronaldo ..The guy is the top scorer in the UCL..The guy is now 38 and he is the top scorer of 2033 ..Absolutely unbelievable. 

Now I Notice a Decline in Ronaldo's dribbling ability ..That's why he plays as a a classic  Strkier now unlike in his prime days  when used to play as a Left wing . But that's understandable because of age . To be on the top level for a Decade or so surely will take a Toll on you physically and stamina-Wise .

In your unbiased opinion: Who is the real GOAT 🐐. .Messi or Ronaldo? 

Pfft, by your logic you just cheapened GOAT (greatest of all time) for GAP(greatest at present). Talk is cheap nowadays IMO, don't debate bro me cuz I'm stating my opinion here.

If you really want to know, seriously, give both Ronaldo and Messi, may or may not include their teams, and use the old soccer ball, the 3 times as thick one. You'll know real quick who's better physically, who's skillful, et cetera.

Edited by Danioover9000