Ramanujan

does enlightment from psychidelics last only 15 min

11 posts in this topic

people brag about getting enlightened from psychidelic . but isint that only for 15 min . The way i see it you are back on level 1  after 15 min

is it true ?

Edited by Ramanujan

depends on substance, and yeah temporarily enlightenment tool especially if it's nondual substances like 5-meo, DPT

Once you see you cannot unsee

It is better to have seen and not to see again than to never have seen

2 hours ago, Ramanujan said:

people brag about getting enlightened from psychidelic . but isint that only for 15 min . The way i see it you are back on level 1  after 15 min

I would like to disect your comment. "people brag about getting enlightened from psychidelic" Not all brag but they can certainly have enlightening experiences but not "get" enlightenment, the bragging could come from the difference in consciousness but that does not negate maybe a true awakening experience but now the ego is corrupting it.

"but isint that only for 15 min" Imagine you have a car crash and your clinically death for 15 min and then you are reanimated again, for someone to tell you but ThEY wHEre oNLy 15 MiNUteS

What does time really matter? Honestly... Intensity cannot be translated with endurance. This is in consciousness as well in sports, you cannot run a marathon with the same speed as in the 100m Usain Bolt Style. Both styles have they are advantages and disadvantages. One thing is base line consciousness and another is Peak consciousness, both have their rules and inner workings. You should be a master of both and explore all paths.

"The way i see it you are back on level 1  after 15 min"

The mind is like a chewing gum, once it is stretched up to a certain point even when it contracts again it will not return to the same state as before. You jump from a plane or from a flying rocket, just 5min free fall and you are back to level 1? That experience will change you forever.

New experiences change you and psychedelics DO change you even though they are short lasting.

Also, let's address the Elephant in the room. You are curios about psychedelics, what do you wanna know?

Just put aside your bias and resistance... Ask freely!

(Btw, I'm also a big fan of Ramanujan)

We are talking about peak (peek) experiences. The shift in consciousness can reveal unimaginable truths which permanently recontextualize your way of being even while the primary effects of the substance are temporary.

Psychedelics affect everyone differently. Some are more sensitive than others. Only way to know is to find out yourself.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

The next day it's just a memory.   Many of the spiritual teachers today took LSD in the 60s and turned to spiritual practices to find something that would be permanent.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

They open your eyes. But it's up to you to decide what to look at. The insights don't disappear, but your ego will reappear. The ego by default makes you wanna shut your eyes. It's up to you, openness, memory, will to remember there is Truth beyond you could access at anytime. But the ego is resistence, so you'll have to work on it to merge the gap.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:46 AM, Ramanujan said:

is it true ?

No. It is not. People do not understand the term enlightenment or what it means.

It is actually a modern term.

To understand this question, we must understand different levels of consciousness.

Level 1: The NPC - NPCs have no level of awakening. They move through life on a sort of autopilot functioning according to their karma and fate. Not interested in awakening. 

Level 2: Players

These people have started to raise their consciousness and understand there are unknown dynamics governing reality. They seek to improve themselves.

Level 3: Self - Realized

These people have understood a grand truth of the nature of self. Maybe they haven’t experienced it but they at least understand the concept. They know that self and god conceptually are one and the same so they seek psychedelic experiences and practice.

Level 4: Awakened

These people have fully awakened through direct experience to the truth of reality and self.

Level 5: Enlightened 

These people have not just awakened temporarily. They are fully awake and their consciousness has permanently shifted. They no longer identify with the false sense of self. They identify with true self. The mind is completely empty until it needs to be used.

Level 6: Saints

These people have become Gods essentially. They are pure light without dark. Completely perfect. Pure Yang with no Yin. All positive and no negative 

Level 7: Sovereigns

Govern their own universe. The spirit has grown so much that they are now their own godhead in the infinity of gods