hearing

touch

smell

taste

concept

being

seven senses. 

Being is not a sense.

The other six are the classic 6 Buddhist sense gates, with concept called "mind" or "thought".

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Being is what the senses arise in?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

If you look close enough, you might find other senses, for example, ones that can sense vibrations in certain elements like crystals. Its not entirely limited to 6.

Or sensing chi, or sensing energies in your chakra, another sense.

Edited by electroBeam

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Being is not a sense.

The other six are the classic 6 Buddhist sense gates, with concept called "mind" or "thought".

why are you so sure? why do you call "being" "not sense". why is it that you know that "being" exists outside of your sense thereof? there is no surety that being even exists. all we have is our senses. I heard it said recently that it was said there are two things - senses, and though. and then the speaker then proposed there is a nother thing - my memory is faded but I think that third thing was "being". but - why do we claim that those things - thought and being - are not senses too? 

the nature of the five senses is that they deceptively make us believe that the other two things are not a sense. because the five senses can be stripped away. but thought can be stripped away, and being can be stripped away. the are really conceptualized to begin with. we only know that we be because - we know and/or sense that we be! observation is directly, sensing. so we only believe that we be without senses. but we can never know it!

edite - in fact, even if there IS being without sensation. there is still a sensation of being xD this is all that I really state. that we have a sense of being. maybe there is something in being beyond that sense. but I certainly claim to sense my being directly (directly in this context, meaning not-touch, and not-concept, and etc. )

edit more - note that I am unsure where to claim "awareness" and "thinking" lie most strongly. I feel that "thinking" is a direct derivative of both "concept" and the original five senses. memory in a way. I find these are all aspects of "concept" like red and magenta are aspects of "seeing" (just, with a different dimensional space, the specturm of "seeing" is two dimensional but the spectrum of "concept" is at least three dimensional but I think it is actually at least four dimensional even but I am not sure thereof. and it has been claimed that existence could be thought of in 10 or even 11 dimensions - tho all these claims of course, are conceptual claims, and I find that concepts/ideas are an easy (or not-so-easy) path to discovering what I mean by "a sense of concept")

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

If you look close enough, you might find other senses, for example, ones that can sense vibrations in certain elements like crystals. Its not entirely limited to 6.

Or sensing chi, or sensing energies in your chakra, another sense.

how do you mean? is vibration in crystals somehow not a derivitive of touch, or perhaps sight? or perhaps concept? 

Edited by aryberry

@aryberry definitely not touch or sight or concept hahaha. I might be wrong, but people dont usually see crystals vibrate like a vibrator, or if you touch the feel a vibration from it.

Its a completely different sense. Like how the inner muse is a completely different sense.

@electroBeam my stating of the seven senses includes the overlapping thereof. most people, when they think they have language, and/or imagery. but my thinking started out for a long time in my youth without either. I had to train myself over about 7 years in order to effectively and functionally think using language. and even so it is so very apparent to me that there is this direct conceptual sense in my head - that I can imagine a cat. and pretty quickly that thought I notice it has a "image sense" even tho I do not experience "inner sight" there is an internal version thereof which is tactile - my thoughts have always been tactile (and concept-sense). but when I strip away that tactile sensation from the thought, I still sense that I am "pondering a cat" (though without any words, or tactile, or any other sense) there is the knowledge of a cat in my mind being senses in some strange way. this is what I claim as the sense of concept. in my findings over the past 10 years, I currently draw the conclusion that all or at least most thoughts intrinsically have this sense of concept, or maybe sense of knowledge, or maybe sense of understanding, or maybe sense of thought. IDK which phrase is best and it's really immaterial what label. but there is that sense. and you can strip away the other sensations until only that sense remains. and while for me it is  currently kinda hard to strip away all the other senses - it is possible to strip away the sense of concept to, and remain present without even that sensation - and yet I still observe that there is some way in which I "sense" my existence, and this is why I say there is then the seventh (or primary) layer of "Sense of being" 

where would you say the crystal sense is? if it is an aura then let me explain. when I am driving down the road I literally feel the cars in my mind as if somehow I have a nerve that reaches out to the car and touches it. except that is misleading because it implies there is a sensation of tendrils. when I touch my skin I can often sense the nerve response shooting up towards my brain under my skin - it is so brief it is difficult to notice the full extent of it tho. but I don't have this with the cars - instead it is as if I have this floating nerve that teleports the info. directly to my brain - well not so directly because it has a double "vision" so to speak. triple. there is a physical sensation inside my head that I feel. and a weak but present sense where I assume the car currently is, but then the strongest sense is something inside what I claim is my "mind space" which reaches about an arms length around my body, where anything that I am holding onto in consciousness I feel it in that space physically. and it is 3 and a half dimensions - I can sesne it moving in a fourth dimension but it is a weak sense so I say it is half a sense. it has physical location and texture fully in three dimensions, but the fourth dimension is weak and hard to hold onto in a continuous reach.

anyway long story short. This is not true sensation but aura sensation instead. it is my mind creating its own sensation as a model of the world. this is what thinking is. the  primary aspect of thought in my findings is what I claim is the "Sense of concept" but usually there are additional layers to that sensation. what can you say to claim that your crystal sense is not a derivative of the other senses in this way? there is the sense of time for example. but upon contemplation one finds this is a derivative of at least the sense of "concept" as I name it here. 

Edited by aryberry

@Leo Gura sorry for the double mention but I am a person who has a lot of inherent sensitivity to my... idk what to say, senses, body, existence... a highly sensitive person... if you are interested I can say tons and tons thereof. we could have a conversation about it. it is possible to diagnose me with autism but I do not really see diagnosis as anything more than a symbolism of patterns lol. so I do not claim to be autistic - that is a red herring really. I am a human, and I find it more meaningful to claim that I am more sensitive, or more aware, as a natural state, compared to most other humans. in a certain way I have been aware all my life because of my sensativity, but naturally in many other ways I was completely unaware before my recent work within the past three years. or ten if you count the work I started doing in college due to the realization I fucked myself in high school by not practicing studying. 

edit - i realize I've said a ton in the past hour on here so I am now logging off for the day. I am working on improving my strategic approach to responding. I will respond to all notifications and posts thereof sometime later - possibly tomorrow - hopefully not sooner or later. 

Edited by aryberry

@aryberry i am aware of aura sensations, but these are illusory sensations, and in fact you might find that these sensations are apart of the concept sense ;)

I mean a totally different dimension. I dont know how to describe it. It has nothing to do with the physical world at all. No space or time. It feels like it comes from crystals, but that feeling is totally separate to the crystal itself. 

Im not even sure if everyone is aware of that sense. I dont think they are, if they were, they would be a lot more open minded to things.

And I dont think people think through language. Like kids can think, before they learn language, and people who dont know a language can think of things.

I dont think through language either. My thoughts speak to me through the language of feelings. Feelings can send info somehow.

And thats exactly like the inner muse. Except the inner muse isnt made of thoughts or that sense of concept, its made of something totally different, hence why i called it a sense.

And even emotions to me are a sense. They dont operate in any of the above senses either.

Same with kundalini energy, totally different sense again. Its like different dimensions. Irreducible metaphysical qualities. These senses im talking about dont overlap.

Sixth sense

Where you at

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

3 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Sixth sense

Where you at

Here it is. Ow, dear Maya.1b0.jpg

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

On 4/5/2017 at 8:21 AM, electroBeam said:

@aryberry i am aware of aura sensations, but these are illusory sensations, and in fact you might find that these sensations are apart of the concept sense ;)

I mean a totally different dimension. I dont know how to describe it. It has nothing to do with the physical world at all. No space or time. It feels like it comes from crystals, but that feeling is totally separate to the crystal itself. 

Im not even sure if everyone is aware of that sense. I dont think they are, if they were, they would be a lot more open minded to things.

And I dont think people think through language. Like kids can think, before they learn language, and people who dont know a language can think of things.

I dont think through language either. My thoughts speak to me through the language of feelings. Feelings can send info somehow.

And thats exactly like the inner muse. Except the inner muse isnt made of thoughts or that sense of concept, its made of something totally different, hence why i called it a sense.

And even emotions to me are a sense. They dont operate in any of the above senses either.

Same with kundalini energy, totally different sense again. Its like different dimensions. Irreducible metaphysical qualities. These senses im talking about dont overlap.

it is mysterious to me! 

I wonder though. I see how people get confused when I try to tell them about my senses. and how leo has said that being is no sense. and how you have some sense I have never heard of. and in the reality of how deeply entwined senses can be, how difficult it is to seperate them apart. I wonder -if there is really such difference at all! maybe all senses are the fake sense as you mention. the pseudo senses I get when driving and other endeavurs. We think that because we open our eyes and light pours in, that that sense is authentic, and the sense of memory is created. but really, both are created. and I wonder - in noticing how this "sense of understanding" or "information sense" or "sense of concept" or whatever it is is in anything, and how it feels so close to awareness too but somehow different, I am starting to wonder if all senses are not so different at all. 

in some video it was said, that reality is nothing more than our senses, and the belief that there is anything there is false. but - we do not know for sure that that would be true either. maybe our senses are what is false, and there is some physical reality behind them. maybe both are false! or both true! maybe there is some shadowy reality completely unrecognizable to the tools we have - and both the physical expectation and the sensational experience are both just shoddy, weak attempts to understand the absurdity that we cannot fathom enough to even just observe. 

there's an infinite amount of senses beyond our dimension
it's just hard to imagine a sense you don't have

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

the more I think about it, the more I realise that all senses are just the same "concept sense" the knowing - the thinking - the consciousness. maybe there is something in being which I am missing that makes it so different. but maybe there is something in sensing that I am not missing which makes me see how it is no different at all. I wish I was more experienced in this regard than I am, more hours contemplating, experiencing, testing, exploring. but even then would I be certain except as a fool!

@aryberry just keep in mind that 'sense' is a concept.

its very easy to confuse the idea of something with the actual experience. You might be contemplating on the idea of senses, without actually focusing your awareness on the sense itself. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, our senses might be wrong, and there might be a physical reality behind it, but that's just as likely as a jellyfish from a parallel universe created this universe and all of our senses are just replications of its tentacles. 

And unfortunately, there's no such thing as truth in reality. Everything is uncertain, you just have to use what you have and hope for the best

15 hours ago, electroBeam said:

@aryberry just keep in mind that 'sense' is a concept.

its very easy to confuse the idea of something with the actual experience. You might be contemplating on the idea of senses, without actually focusing your awareness on the sense itself. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, our senses might be wrong, and there might be a physical reality behind it, but that's just as likely as a jellyfish from a parallel universe created this universe and all of our senses are just replications of its tentacles. 

And unfortunately, there's no such thing as truth in reality. Everything is uncertain, you just have to use what you have and hope for the best

wait but -  awareness, concentration, and direct experience could be just as sensory as the rest of it. or all sensory just as thought as our monkey mind. 

Edited by aryberry