cjoseph90

3 day silent meditation retreat

8 posts in this topic

Hi yall

So im thinking of doing a 3 day silent meditation retreat here in Bcn Spain where i live Next month. Vipassana Style.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? insights from doing this. I would say i have a fairly ok meditation practice, some days longer sittings, strong Monkey mind and its quite weak and not consistent.

i know It would be more effective to do It for maybe at least 10days to truly get the benefits.  But hey better than nothing. 

1 hour ago, cjoseph90 said:

Hi yall

So im thinking of doing a 3 day silent meditation retreat here in Bcn Spain where i live Next month. Vipassana Style.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? insights from doing this. I would say i have a fairly ok meditation practice, some days longer sittings, strong Monkey mind and its quite weak and not consistent.

i know It would be more effective to do It for maybe at least 10days to truly get the benefits.  But hey better than nothing. 

Hey c, great to see you're taking on a 3-day retreat

in vipassana it is very structured and you meditate about 10 hours a day and it is hella valuable for us serious types, would thoroughly recommend

3-day will be nice too, if you are not used to doing long sits i would max out at 1-2 hours sits and break the day up into a bunch of sits followed by walking/reading/writing sessions ... in order words don't overdo it

it will have great benefits ... feel free to ask any specific questions ... hope the retreat is ground breaking and you let us know how it goes

1 hour ago, cjoseph90 said:

Yep, no strict rule around how many days you must do the retreat. Listen to your intuition. 

"Wrongness is the unsung hero of growth, for it is only by venturing into the unknown and risking error that we can expand the boundaries of our understanding and pave the way for groundbreaking insights and innovations." -Claude 3 Opus

Go for it!

Just plan out your meal logistics before you start.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Javfly33 close to Arc de Triomf en BCN

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just plan out your meal logistics before you start.

its a 3 day retreat, so meals are already prepared :)

17 minutes ago, cjoseph90 said:

@Javfly33 close to Arc de Triomf en BCN

its a 3 day retreat, so meals are already prepared :)

God is an amazing chef 🧑‍🍳 👩‍🍳 👨‍🍳 

"Wrongness is the unsung hero of growth, for it is only by venturing into the unknown and risking error that we can expand the boundaries of our understanding and pave the way for groundbreaking insights and innovations." -Claude 3 Opus