Staples

Microdosing VS Antidepressants

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've found myself in a very difficult point in life. I've finally realized that I have been deeply struggling with depression & anxiety for last 6 months or so. I'm doing my best in my everyday life to make things better like sleep/exercise, but it's not yet gotten me the results I want.

I have tried microdosing in the past and it has worked well, the problem is psychedelics are very expensive and difficult for me to come by. I am asking if anyone here has tried both for managing depression and self-isolation and has any anecdotal advice about which they prefer. I've never tried anti-depressants so I don't know what to expect. I also don't really want to be reliant on an illegal substance, it's a bad strategy.

Does anyone here had exceptional results from one or the other?

Thanks friends,

Edited by Staples

micro dosing isn’t for me in daily life

makes me overly anxious and fight or flight 

ssri tone down my anxiety, overthinking and high sensitivity but has other not great side effects

I’d say SSRIs are for those who want to be a functional member of society and be part of the system (i.e. giving up your autonomy) . The alternative route (such as psychedelics) are for those who’ve had enough of the mainstream ways of living and want to explore their consciousness in unique ways. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 09/12/2023 at 7:50 PM, PurpleTree said:

ssri tone down my anxiety, overthinking and high sensitivity but has other not great side effects

It's like treating a wound on your finger by cutting it.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Psychedelics do not have the same affinity for different 5HT receptors as "real" serotonin.
Most antidepressants ultimately increase serotonergic neurotransmition (unless antagonism as in the case of Mirtazapine, Mianserin, Trazodone)
Most psychedelics, particularly LSD (and other ergo derivatives used as anti-prolactinergics), tend to behave like antagonists, reducing it.

Probably impulsive and suicidal people should avoid psychedelics because of the possibility of anxiety, paranoia...
Idk.

Edited by Schizophonia

SSRIs were necessary as part of my survival strategy in the earlier stages of my development. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

I’d say SSRIs are for those who want to be a functional member of society and be part of the system (i.e. giving up your autonomy) . The alternative route (such as psychedelics) are for those who’ve had enough of the mainstream ways of living and want to explore their consciousness in unique ways. 

If you want to be put on HRT, look at Ray Peat's articles on progesterone.
Literally the best (feminine) hormone for the brain. 👍

Edited by Schizophonia

@Staples I have had great results with depression symptoms with microdosing 🍄 I have used antidepressants in the past and I dislikes the numbness I felt. I must admit I have a bias towards antidepressants so maybe I am not the person to ask. However.... I personally think 🍄 are not great for treating anxiety. I am wondering if you could focus on one issue instead of both depression and anxiety, and treat one instead of both, maybe one is feeding the other. How are you getting on now? Did you come to a conclusion? 

May I ask you to reflect on what you feel may be the cause to the negative feelings you're experiencing? Has this been a lifelong problem or is it more temporary? 🙏🏻♥️

Edited by Charlotte

On 12/12/2023 at 2:23 PM, Yimpa said:

I’d say SSRIs are for those who want to be a functional member of society and be part of the system (i.e. giving up your autonomy) .

What the fuck does that even mean?  If you make money, you're part of a system (you pay taxes, e.g. unless you're a criminal.)  If you don't make money, you depend on someone else making money, so you're part of the system even if indirectly.

I always roll my eyes at this forum rhetoric.  "Functional member of society" -- what a horror! 9_9

Do not microdose while on anti depressants especially not mdma