StarStruck

Should you judge people on appearance?

130 posts in this topic

Since we are talking so much about fat people, here's an example of the role genetics play in determining how fat we can become and how difficult it is to reduce weight with health conditions:

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3146379/highs-and-lows-anant-ambanis-incredible-weight-journey

He is the son of the richest person in India. He has access to the best medical care in the world. With the help of health and diet experts and his own effort, he was able to reduce 100kgs, and became an inspiration to many, but subsequently he gained most of his weight back within a few years.

1 minute ago, An young being said:

Since we are talking so much about fat people, here's an example of the role genetics play in determining how fat we can become and how difficult it is to reduce weight with health conditions:

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3146379/highs-and-lows-anant-ambanis-incredible-weight-journey

He is the son of the richest person in India. He has access to the best medical care in the world. With the help of health and diet experts and his own effort, he was able to reduce 100kgs, and became an inspiration to many, but subsequently he gained most of his weight back within a few years.

Money can't buy happiness. Neither can food. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Judgment will always happen.

What people mean by not judging by appearance is to be a little bit conscious of your biases, but they can also use that to hold their true opinions about others, which will become problematic.

Judgmental people need to stop judging for a while, and non-judgmental people need to start judging. But, as you can see, it's very complicated and not easy, because of our judgemental nature.

Edited by Understander

12 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Money can't buy happiness. Neither can food. 

For me it can. I already found happiness within myself to a certain degree so I do enjoy riding a nice car and wear nice clothes. It is not compensation but extra topping. 

3 minutes ago, Understander said:

non-judgmental people need to start judging.

God doesn't judge why should we. If we don't judge ourselves we won't judge others. Start by limiting your own self-judgements. It won't be completely eradicated but it's a start. There are degrees to this. There's no rule book that states non-judgemental people should start judging. There are no shoulds in life.

5 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

For me it can. I already found happiness within myself to a certain degree so I do enjoy riding a nice car and wear nice clothes. It is not compensation but extra topping. 

Take away that car and nice clothes and you're back to sadness again.

3 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Princess Arabia don’t judge judging 😬

Lol. The egoic mind is so fucking clever. Don't judge my judgement of judging then. This can go on forever. I wasn't judging judging, I was simply making a distinction.

Money is important.

Money can pay you a workshop that get you enlightened.

Money brings good food, books, wisdom, resources.

Money = 🧡

2 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

that get you enlightened.

You're already enlightened. In this case, money was used to aid in the recognition of this realization. There are other methods that costs nothing monetarily. Money is a tool. A tool that can produce certain feelings that we generate. Those feelings can be produced without money. So ,yes money is love, but so are you.

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You're already enlightened. In this case, money was used to aid in the recognition of this realization. There are other methods that costs nothing monetarily. Money is a tool. A tool that can produce certain feelings that we generate. Those feelings can be produced without money. So ,yes money is love, but so are you.

You can be enlightened all you want. It doesn’t fill your belly with food. If you eat crap food, your consciousness will be affected by it. Don’t mindlessly copy what Leo says. 

@Princess Arabia

I agree with you to some degree. We can hold our judgments for others to not get stuck on immediately judging others, whether the judgments are true or false.

E.g. I don't like judging others that much, as it drains my energy for enjoying my life, and I could be wrong about something. I sometimes lie or don't tell others about my views, as they could misunderstand me.

Imo, judgmental people are full of crap. I'm also full of crap, as you can see. But they are more. xD

Edited by Understander

5 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

You can be enlightened all you want. It doesn’t fill your belly with food. If you eat crap food, your consciousness will be affected by it. Don’t mindlessly copy what Leo says. 

I wish you would all stop assuming I'm just following what Leo says. I'm going off of my own experiences. There are people who are called breatharians who only live off of air. They don't need food to live. They have developed the ability to do this. So filling my belly with food doesn't equate to enlightenment. You cannot become something that you were already not. It was already encoded within you. Nobody is becoming anything that wasn't already a part of their nature. Keep Leo's teachings out of this, I am my own construction. Leo didn't build me. I'm doing all this on my own accord, with the help of presumed others, but in the end its all me.

15 minutes ago, Understander said:

@Princess Arabia

I agree with you to some degree. We can hold our judgments for others to not get stuck on immediately judging others, whether the judgments are true or false.

E.g. I don't like judging others that much, as it drains my energy for enjoying my life, and I could be wrong about something. I sometimes lie or don't tell others about my views, as they could misunderstand me.

Imo, judgmental people are full of crap. I'm also full of crap, as you can see. But they are more. xD

I love your kind of crap.

1 hour ago, CARDOZZO said:

Money can pay you a workshop that get you enlightened.

It's quite interesting for me to read this thread.

"Should you judge people on appearance?" 

No. Not if that makes you feel superior; that feeling, most often, kills empathy.

And I ask myself first "Should I show/feel empathy?" My answer is Yes.