StarStruck

Would you survive in India?

48 posts in this topic

Let’s say you were exiled to India and you had to live there. 
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeeKcgqb/

Would you survive India?

I think even if I would survive, my stomach and metabolism wouldn’t. 

I transcended a lot of shit but I don’t think I would transcend eating shit sandwiches everyday with a good ol’ glass of shit water. 

I’m not very picky eater but it has to be healthy. That affects everything so if I can’t eat good food I wouldn’t bother. 

Edited by StarStruck

I don't think all of India is like that, there are a billion and a half of them.

We must also wait for changes in hygiene standards, a few centuries ago in Paris people still threw their excrement out of windows.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

I have a sensitive stomach. I don’t want to shit my guts out for the rest of my life. 

India may be very poor, but it has areas that the average Westerner can adapt to. Specifically in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and other big cities. 

No culture is perfect but I don't think I'd be happy in India. Indian values are about degradation and debasement and I couldn't abide by a culture where millions of lower-caste people were kept there via some old Hindu code. It also is turning into a Hindu supremacist state, and the many non-Hindus there are being oppressed and marginalised. The ideal of India being a secular state is now eroding. 

The fact many millions literally poo in public isn't right, IMHO. yes, cultures differ but it's not medieval or ancient times. surely by now, with knowledge of hygiene and microorganisms, we know we shouldn't do this. 

7 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Let’s say you were exiled to India and you had to live there. 
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeeKcgqb/

Would you survive India?

It's true that Street food vendors and many hotels have unhygienic practices, but you can survive easily if you use Google reviews to check the restaurant quality. Restaurants that are too cheap usually don't have hygienic practices. Also, eating spicy foods may aggravate the stomach. High quality hotels mostly don't use heavy spices  Another way to survive is to cook the food yourselves by buying the ingredients at super market or eat food at Western outlets like McDonald's.

most native Indian food isn't that spicy. It would depend on the region and culture on the nature of the food. It's more due to unsanitary practices in cooking and preparation. Though if it's fried eats from a street vendor, then the heat from oil might kill any bad bacteria or viruses. 

What bothers me about India are things like this - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11665321/The-women-lived-sex-slaves-Indian-goddess.html. Their culture is too much based on degradation for my tastes. 

45 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

Their culture is too much based on degradation for my tastes. 

I wouldn't say too much, but, yes, degradation of women and lower castes is definitely a problem here.

If you can survive on mexican food , you can survive on indian food. If you can survive on Moroccan food , you can survive on indian food, if you can survive on thai food you can survive on indian food. Because all of them have similar eating culture. Here , After every 200km culture and language change , so the typical  "spicy food" is just hyped. Majorly  Northern do eat spicy but if you go to south or east , the taste is entirely different. 

8 hours ago, Rahul 2paradox said:

@Buck Edwards  Watch some better documentaries 😂

Here's a positive documentary about food in India with some flavours of spirituality.

Go to Kerala. It's cleaner, people are educated, laidback, friendly. Caste system is still in place, but it seems less strong as in some other states. Of course it's very traditional, so don't expect general equal rights. Food is super spicy, especially in the villages, spicier than in the North, Rahul 2paradox is wrong on this, but you can find non-spicy food.

I would avoid the Megapolises, they are hell on earth in my opinion, even the rich parts, with some very rare exceptions.

1 hour ago, Con heo dien said:

. Food is super spicy, especially in the villages, spicier than in the North, Rahul 2paradox is wrong on this, but you can find non-spicy food.

I too thought south had the spiciest food, except in Bihar in the North.