Parallax Mind

Does God have more than five senses?

13 posts in this topic

I was listening to the absolute Infinity episode and made me ask this question.  Does God have more than five senses and what could they be? Everything you see around you is either a image, sound, smell, taste, or a texture. If the universe is infinite, that means there's infinite senses right? What would be an example of a 6 or 7th sense? For example echo location isn't a good example because it is still just a sound.  Telekinesis too would just be another sound in your mind. 

Is this question even answerable?

Looking forward to hearing what you think! 

Yes imho.

May be intuition, clairvoyance, channeling, telepathy.

There are no 5 senses. There is one, if anything.

Consciousness.

god only knows truth

your life and this universe are a passing cloud

nothing to do with god

if it acknowledged the false, it wouldn't be one

god hasn't need of senses, it's one with you

It's one of the impossible questions.

It's like trying to think of a color that you've never seen before.

If you don't know it, then you cannot begin to even imagine it. But once you know it, then it becomes obvious... and you wonder how you ever forgot such a thing in the first place...

God doesn't have anything. God is everything. You're looking at God as having something. God doesn't need anything because it is everything. God is you. God is tasting through you. God is seeing through you. Feeling through you. It's imagining itself as you so it can perceive through the senses. It's all imaginary and senses are illusions. Qualia is the awareness of your sense perceptions.

Edited by Princess Arabia

One Love....

8 hours ago, kenway said:

It's one of the impossible questions.

It's like trying to think of a color that you've never seen before.

If you don't know it, then you cannot begin to even imagine it. But once you know it, then it becomes obvious... and you wonder how you ever forgot such a thing in the first place...

5 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Right this is a pretty good answer. 

Also I just thought of how on acid people can hear colors. So that might might be the closest example of a brand new sense we can fathom. 

Thanks to all. 

I think humans have more than 5 senses. I think science has put them into physical categories but I feel we have way more metaphysical senses that we just assume to be mind. Like we have a sense of self isnt that another metaphysical sense we have. We also have connection to God another sense. We probably have 1000 senses, we can probably sense evil and good. We can sense past and future

Edited by Hojo

The whole notion of 5 senses is some human bs. Even humans don't have 5 just senses, that's a pretty persistent myth.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

The existence of senses beyond our logic and perceptions is a possibility, especially when we are speaking about an universe that doesn't follow our laws. But even within our universe, we haven't discovered everything, but we have made a good list of possible senses that we necessarily don't possess within our discoveries. These include sensing magnetism, heat, fear, danger, etc. But when we discover new possibilities, like the first time we discovered electricity, there will be more senses opened that our logical mind can understand.

@Parallax Mind

God is just a by product of your mind's capability, of conceptualization, of imagination, of fact/fiction deciding.

Just neurons firing in your brain when you "think" God, you thinked God into existence.

Edited by jaylimix

We all know that God has 69 senses.

End of story.

I tried to catch some fog earlier. I mist.

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

We all know that God has 69 senses.

End of story.

You naughty boy!

One Love....