r0ckyreed

I think Jed McKenna & possibly Leo are wrong about meditation

26 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Meditation for me is literally just to sit and close my eyes.

That is your spiritual practice?? 

• Feminist 

42 minutes ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

That is your spiritual practice?? 

Some of it. I don't really practice actively at the moment.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I would like to leave this here for the record and also saying something among the lines of @Breakingthewall

Meditation did NOT work properly for me till I tried Malt. After some trips, now meditation DOES WORK. Like really work. Almost any practice has been iluminated for me after 5meo really. Moreover, now they happen spontaneously -> meditation, prayer, yoga...

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

Your perspective about enlightenment and what it looks like will change over time, and there won’t be higher or lower aspects, just different aspects to be explored with no particular end goal in mind. Meditation will reveal certain aspects, psychs will reveal others, both will overlap, and both at times will look completely and utterly differently; there are awakening states in meditation for examples that most “nondual” psycho-nauts have absolutely no idea about. 

@r0ckyreed

Meditation and psychedelics are just tools. They could be both good or bad because they are neutral and it’s only up to the user of the tool. It like “money” (if that example is easier for you to understand) - with money you can do great and very malicious stuff. 

It seems you are pointing more the improper use than the real effect of the proper (beneficial) use. 

What is the result of the tools when used properly is a different point. 
Well, it could be that I’ve got your point wrong. But that’s what my understanding and experience are, and hope that helps you to see a bit of a different perspective. 

meditation comes with a lot of practical benefits that do not come from psychedelics.

psychedelics are unmatched in terms of awakening. paying close attention to life and what it's trying to teach you is also very important.