Dodo

Respectfully disagreeing with Leo about Crypto

357 posts in this topic

@jimwell how is the name I cannot see video not available 

Edited by OBEler

On 09/01/2024 at 1:59 PM, josemar said:

3.5 weeks later, 156k in profit only holding bitcoin.

Wanna bet how much it's going to be worth Aug-Nov 2025?

This is what your gambler anonymous opening statement will be? Jeez dude, if your reward is so big your risk must be pretty big. 

Good luck but dont say its not gambling even tho you caught a heater.  

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

4 hours ago, Dodo said:

This is what your gambler anonymous opening statement will be? Jeez dude, if your reward is so big your risk must be pretty big. 

Good luck but dont say its not gambling even tho you caught a heater.  

I'm holding bitcoin on spot, what are you talking about?

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No.

Cause betting is for fools.

Jeez, way to take things literally B|

Now that ETFs are approved... waheeeeeyyyy

Everything in life is a gamble. If you start a business and buy from a new supplier abroad. Who says he will deliver after you paid? Or there could go something wrong with delivery. Or a war could break out trapping my money. There is risk-reward to everything. Fortune favors the bold. 

Crypto is a new financial instrument obviously with its risk and rewards. With recent ETF approval it is something to stay and even become gov approved investment. Soon it will become main stream. If you know your shit you are safe. It is insane that most people invest without knowing basic fundamental and technical analysis. If you are little bit brainy you can easily outperform.

You don't even need to know a lot. Just know the top technical indicators and know about the halving cyclus and you can't go wrong on the long term.

Edited by StarStruck

14 hours ago, josemar said:

I'm holding bitcoin on spot, what are you talking about?

But you are holding large quantities of it judging by the amount you're winning. Spot does not mean low risk... if things went south you would be nursing huge losses.. good luck to you, but if you have that much money to gamble with,  thats not something everyone can afford to do, so saying how much you're winning out of your big gamble does not mean others should gamble like that too.

Especially since you're already on a profit cushion and someone investing now is taking even more risk. One has to balance out the risk and the reward, as mentioned by Leo its not a get rich quick scheme 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

32 minutes ago, Dodo said:

But you are holding large quantities of it judging by the amount you're winning. Spot does not mean low risk... if things went south you would be nursing huge losses.. good luck to you, but if you have that much money to gamble with,  thats not something everyone can afford to do, so saying how much you're winning out of your big gamble does not mean others should gamble like that too.

Especially since you're already on a profit cushion and someone investing now is taking even more risk. One has to balance out the risk and the reward, as mentioned by Leo its not a get rich quick scheme 

You probably misunderstood something, I have 6 bitcoin in my cold wallet... bought at 21k, I was only pointing out that in the last 3.5 weeks, my paper profit went from 110k to 156k or whatever the numbers were...

If you believe bitcoin is kinda the saving grace of finance (that TradFi didn't really like, but they like making money, so they got in on the action with the ETFs), that gives a chance to ordinary people (not only rich elites) to not only keep up with inflation, but even get ahead, this is not a risk.

I only dream of bitcoin going back to 21k (my breakeven point), I would load up on more with my trading profits.

This is why I quit my IT job, because I BELIEVE in bitcoin. Don't get me wrong, if I think we're at a macro cycle top, I might sell half my bitcoin, to hopefully get in at a lower price. But this is not guaranteed, that this cycle will repeat the price action of previous cycles. "This time might be different".

Gambling is buying BONK and then doing a 174x in a couple of months. Wish I bought more, but that's always the case B|

I won't post about my profits shorting since you don't believe in it :D

But I thought holding bitcoin was one of the least gambly things to do. It surely is less risky than longing the security called ADA.

And I also invested in stocks at the beginning of 2023.

Buying indices like the S&P500 or Nasdaq is ok for people that can't identify companies that will outperform, nice and safe and not much thinking required.

I got in on TSLA at the lows then the stock did a 3x, I didn't sell at 299, so now I'm only up 100% in 9 months.

"Wanna bet" B| how much TSLA will be worth in 2030? Enough for me to retire. Practically I retired from the 9 to 5 job a few months ago.

I'm not a one-trick pony, so in addition to TSLA, I also got some bitcoin proxies like MSTR and miners, I posted about those before. They are more volatile, and I took some profits since I'm not sure how the ETFs will affect them (people might switch from miners to ETFs for example, and Saylor is going to sell around 200mil worth of his MSTR stock to buy bitcoin in the next 2-3 months).

Obviously nothing is zero risk, and bitcoin may go to zero, and TSLA might be outsold by FORD or GM (not in this century B|), in the meantime we're riding the wave.

On 1/11/2024 at 5:36 PM, OBEler said:

@jimwell how is the name I cannot see video not available 

I don't understand. If you want to know the title of the video, here it is: Scamming billions, then disappearing: The case of the "CryptoQueen" by DW Documentary

On 12/01/2024 at 0:08 PM, josemar said:

You probably misunderstood something, I have 6 bitcoin in my cold wallet... bought at 21k, I was only pointing out that in the last 3.5 weeks, my paper profit went from 110k to 156k or whatever the numbers were...

If you believe bitcoin is kinda the saving grace of finance (that TradFi didn't really like, but they like making money, so they got in on the action with the ETFs), that gives a chance to ordinary people (not only rich elites) to not only keep up with inflation, but even get ahead, this is not a risk.

I only dream of bitcoin going back to 21k (my breakeven point), I would load up on more with my trading profits.

This is why I quit my IT job, because I BELIEVE in bitcoin. Don't get me wrong, if I think we're at a macro cycle top, I might sell half my bitcoin, to hopefully get in at a lower price. But this is not guaranteed, that this cycle will repeat the price action of previous cycles. "This time might be different".

Gambling is buying BONK and then doing a 174x in a couple of months. Wish I bought more, but that's always the case B|

I won't post about my profits shorting since you don't believe in it :D

But I thought holding bitcoin was one of the least gambly things to do. It surely is less risky than longing the security called ADA.

Edited, i don't want to promote coins

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Respectfully disagreeing about anything is wise.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Respectfully disagreeing about anything is wise.

I disrespectfully agree

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

On 14/01/2024 at 5:16 PM, Dodo said:

Edited, i don't want to promote coins

I don't like GALA since when I was a newb last year, I lost 3% of my account on it. My fault, but still, if a coin hasn't pumped yet in this market, how much of a chance does it have?

A channel called CowboyTrades on youtube used to post about shorting GALA to 1c... My losses were from before I started watching him, when I traded emotionally :S

https://www.youtube.com/@CowboyTrades/search?query=gala

@josemar Do not encourage people to speculate.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 16/01/2024 at 9:42 AM, josemar said:

I don't like GALA since when I was a newb last year, I lost 3% of my account on it. My fault, but still, if a coin hasn't pumped yet in this market, how much of a chance does it have?

A channel called CowboyTrades on youtube used to post about shorting GALA to 1c... My losses were from before I started watching him, when I traded emotionally :S

https://www.youtube.com/@CowboyTrades/search?query=gala

Well you have to buy when there's blood, as Warren Buffet says. You see gala in blood and don't buy, thats fine. Others like me are ready to take the risk, I know the long term potential. Dont get too conditioned by the past, the present moment is what matters.

Even your guy is pro-gala, he just saw a move in between, and you took it as him not liking gala. Everyone wants to buy, he just saw an opportunity to grab it cheap when everyone's rekt. 

@TrojanMan321

11 months ago

You did good during Bear for sure, but I think you are gonna be surprised. It's going to pump in my opinion. Just keep buying. Who cares when it's goin 2-5 dollars in yhe next 2 years. In the end you gotta do you, hope you fill your bags at 1.5 cents man. Either way, see you on the moon

@CowboyTrades

8 months ago

Wish you the best when we moon

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

On 13/02/2024 at 11:32 AM, josemar said:

Reminder: buy bitcoin below 50k :)

On 25/02/2024 at 3:29 PM, Dodo said:

Well you have to buy when there's blood, as Warren Buffet says. You see gala in blood and don't buy, thats fine. Others like me are ready to take the risk, I know the long term potential. Dont get too conditioned by the past, the present moment is what matters.

Even your guy is pro-gala, he just saw a move in between, and you took it as him not liking gala. Everyone wants to buy, he just saw an opportunity to grab it cheap when everyone's rekt. 

@TrojanMan321

11 months ago

You did good during Bear for sure, but I think you are gonna be surprised. It's going to pump in my opinion. Just keep buying. Who cares when it's goin 2-5 dollars in yhe next 2 years. In the end you gotta do you, hope you fill your bags at 1.5 cents man. Either way, see you on the moon

@CowboyTrades

8 months ago

Wish you the best when we moon

Beside Bitcoin which is my main holding (90%+), I got into SOL and SOLalts, I see more potential there.

Although SOL is sleeping since Xmas, NOSANA and  a few others make up for it :)

16 hours ago, josemar said:

Beside Bitcoin which is my main holding (90%+), I got into SOL and SOLalts, I see more potential there.

Although SOL is sleeping since Xmas, NOSANA and  a few others make up for it :)

Indeed SOL is great. 

But Gala and SOL were the 2 top gainers during one bull run, so just because GALA lagging behind doesnt mean its not just as good.

of course SOL is great, I've had it on my radar since it bottomed. I literally predicted and drew its bottom on multiple charts

vdCyXaDV.png 

StdGArnt.png 

BgfSEq3u.png

but gala giving the opportunity to buy cheap prices for longer, and thats a good thing for me, because I dabble with high leverage and I want to buy LOW and hold! 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I’m a bit split whether it is morally wrong to invest in crypto or not. Yes, winning money means someone else loses it. But if you’re investing in crypto because you believe it is the future and brings more value than the current centralised financial system does then why should you feel bad when someone who is just in it to win money buys high and sells low? People should only invest in things they believe will bring value to the world and if they don’t and instead they do it out of greed then they have no one to blame but themselves. I might be wrong tho. Might have missed something. Want to hear others take on this