Thought Art

Is there a point I need to surrender to mediocrity?

81 posts in this topic

I’m pursuing an amazing life. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

58 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I’m pursuing an amazing life. 

Out with the old, in with the new

IMG_4393.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa dragooooooooo

◭"89"

Days like today though. I find it very difficult. 

Dealing with some passing pessimism.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

What is your YT Channel?

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@Thought Art I am in a similar but opposite situation to yours. I made the hard decision to stop doing something that I have been doing since I was 21, which I dedicated most of my life to, and pays pretty well. But it started to feel consuming and unfulfilling. Maybe I could've kept forcing things if I tried. But my stressful job was turning me into a person I didn't like. I also beat myself up for not being able to make it work, and looked at coworkers who  enjoy the field, asking myself "Why can't I enjoy it like they do?"

Remember that Leo has switched his career many times and also switched his major in college like 4 times. 

For me and my situation it was as if suddenly I was aware that my career was out of alignment and my body would not let me continue down that path, and when I tried to force things it felt horrible. I'm also around your age, I just turned 29. So it's sort of an opposite situation where I thought I found what I liked but then lost my passion for it entirely. I actually don't think I ever had a passion for the path I took, I was just excited to pursue something that would make me great money in my early 20's. Then I got completely stuck. I know no other skill to make money other than the very niche career I had.

Point is just because you find something doesn't mean it will last forever and work out long term for you after you think about things. Now I'm looking for boring low paying jobs at restaurants just to keep myself busy until I find something I want to pursue.

Have you made any progress in figuring things out? I am trying to be open to any opportunities, especially things very different to what I was doing, like some sort of profession helping others or animals.

Don't accept mediocrity. But don't beat yourself up for not having some serious career. You have to recontextualize what mediocrity actually is. If you work hard at life and have a basic job, but live an interesting life of passion outside of that than your life is not mediocre. Don't define your life based on what others think of your career either.

I know you'll figure it out

@Paradoxed I know what I want. 

I want to be a professional Qigong teacher. 

But, I got scammed by a marketing course and I feel stuck. Debt is my issue right now. It’s deeply frustrating despite me trying to accept it and just pay it off. I take 100% responsibility for it. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Princess Arabia Little more than a year

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

@Princess Arabia Little more than a year

Wow, didn't know. Why don't you post it under your name so people check you out.

@Princess Arabia Don’t like to market here…

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@Princess Arabia Don’t like to market here…

Why not.

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

Don't you want to expand. You see, it's the mind. The bully. It has told you somethings that you believed and now you've limited yourself.

It wouldn’t change much. I’ll think about it. 

I’m processing the feels

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

It wouldn’t change much. 

Exactly. That's what you believe. No reason other than what the mind said. You don't understand causation. Someone here sees it. They watch. The get influenced and tells someone. That someone watches. They're watching and some one sees them watching. What are you watching. Oh some guy on YT doing qichong, nice, I like, they go home and watch. All from one person here. Imagine what 10 would do. 

I subscribed, BTW. But what you have done is typical for how the mind influences us in just about every aspect of our lives. Oh, it wouldn't change much, oh, no one cares, oh, doesn't matter etc, meanwhile opportunities are passing us by. You need to open up channels for the Universe to work through you, by you saying it wouldn't change much, you blocked it from expanding you and you've been unaware of how you were doing that .

@Princess Arabia That is a decent perspective.

In the past I kept the channel separate from the forum just for healthy space. I often share ups and downs here and wanted the audience to be people who didn’t know me. 

I may include subtle link in the future. 

Thanks for subscribing. My new routine for neck and shoulders is getting some good feedback. Easy one to start with.

◭"89"

@Princess Arabia That is a decent perspective.

In the past I kept the channel separate from the forum just for healthy space. I often share ups and downs here and wanted the audience to be people who didn’t know me. 

I may include subtle link in the future. 

Thanks for subscribing. My new routine for neck and shoulders is getting some good feedback. Easy one to start with.

Ok