Julian gabriel

I miss Leo Gura

7 posts in this topic

Take this post more as a prayer from the collective unconscious of the forum members, rather than a scientific analysis.

I miss when Leo was sharing so openly with me the passion of his psychedelic experiences, I miss how excited I became when I saw a new YouTube video about how he had reached new heights from which he could look down on me from.

Perhaps I enjoy being shat on by a pretentious prick.

perhaps I enjoy learning by wrestling intellectually.

Perhaps I cannot stop myself from watching who Leo has become because I want to be like him. I want to portray my heart so vividly for all to see while simultaneously hovering above what their intellects will grasp.

it is the small elements of Leo which resonate and stick with me the most. 

for example how he has become so articulate about spiritual matters but still struggles to look cool at a party.

I can relate to these things.

With other spiritual teachers I did not see their development as much. 

but with Leo I saw as he went from just another self help fake ass overly optimistic person to someone who represents furthering of the bravery which is required to come to know oneself.

I fully admit that my fixation on him could be reasonably seen as unwholistic from certain angles.

I fully own up to how much I want to be famous so that I can feel loved.

I fully want to convey to the reader that if you don’t like me for some reason I’m fine with you criticizing me. There are a lot of stupid fearful selfish things about me.

idk

i enjoy writing love letters

Because what else is there to do

It could be a healthy thing during this time he is away to focus more on yourself. 

Ive noticed two “I love Leo Gura” posts in less than a week. Be careful some of us develop an unhealthy attachment to him. That’s not, from what I gather, Leo has in mind for his work.

Live your own life, think your own thoughts. 

But, that being said there is lots to admire about him and his work. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Julian gabriel

The less he is active, the more his content will be high-quality and revolutionary at this point, I think.

Other spiritual or religious people have repeated the same stuff over the years, whether they know what they're talking about or not, but he just doesn't care if he's perceived as right or wrong, good or bad, spiritual or not-spiritual, and comes to some conclusion by himself. Now that's a teaching by itself, you can learn.

Edited by Understander

You're just writing a letter to yourself. Your Soul misses you. Your soul wants you to pay it more attention. That's why you said you can relate to these things. It's you you're missing, Go back home. Pay attention to yourself, it misses you. You gave given too much attention to the outside world and it's crying out to you to come home. Read into your message because it's all in there.

You'd be surprised what messages we are sending to ourselves when we write sentiments like this to others because there are no others. When you learn to see into this, it will reveal itself to you more and more. You are really missing yourself and projecting that unto Leo.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Although we don't know him personally the part that he shares with himself is really cool. I love him to I'm glad he made the videos he did. I hope his legacy lives on forever and ever. If only his critics really understood the care he put in each of his videos. If they knew they would drown in infinite love because the Universe really spoke through him in a way few will ever know. 

I also think his greatest gift is this community. All things are temporary so this community may not last forever but I'll enjoy it while its here.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

It's healthy to get off social media. It's a distraction for the mind after awhile. All this content is ego candy that it can use to theorize, debate, reach conclusions, make "should statements,"  rather than the simple beingness that leads to peace of mind. All these youtube content creators trying to get eyeballs, clicks, attention. All the subreddits that promote echo chamber thinking. It can all become toxic and addicting after a time. It becomes a mental trap.

Many of the people who have advanced society the most and some of the deepest philosophers were the social outcasts who had trouble mingling with the "normies." I think it comes with the territory. ;)  The key is acceptance.

Edited by sholomar

@Julian gabriel

On 14/11/2023 at 8:37 AM, Julian gabriel said:

Take this post more as a prayer from the collective unconscious of the forum members, rather than a scientific analysis.

I miss when Leo was sharing so openly with me the passion of his psychedelic experiences, I miss how excited I became when I saw a new YouTube video about how he had reached new heights from which he could look down on me from.

Perhaps I enjoy being shat on by a pretentious prick.

perhaps I enjoy learning by wrestling intellectually.

Perhaps I cannot stop myself from watching who Leo has become because I want to be like him. I want to portray my heart so vividly for all to see while simultaneously hovering above what their intellects will grasp.

it is the small elements of Leo which resonate and stick with me the most. 

for example how he has become so articulate about spiritual matters but still struggles to look cool at a party.

I can relate to these things.

With other spiritual teachers I did not see their development as much. 

but with Leo I saw as he went from just another self help fake ass overly optimistic person to someone who represents furthering of the bravery which is required to come to know oneself.

I fully admit that my fixation on him could be reasonably seen as unwholistic from certain angles.

I fully own up to how much I want to be famous so that I can feel loved.

I fully want to convey to the reader that if you don’t like me for some reason I’m fine with you criticizing me. There are a lot of stupid fearful selfish things about me.

idk

i enjoy writing love letters

Because what else is there to do

I do agree a little bit. Leo should at least maje some basic self help vid3os to fill the time for when he's not making spiritual videos.