Loveeee

Solipsism proof : experience isn't divided nor limited

242 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Because you will never full awaken unless you get rid of any secret, subconscious notions of other. Absolute Solipsism is not fought by accident. It is fought ABSOLUTELY for a reason. It is literally the button that wakes you up. This is why I laugh when I see the resistance. It's like God said I know I'll create a concept that once I get it...I'll be like :OHHHHH I GET IT NOW!!!!! But....I'll make sure I'll put really negative emotions there just in case I am not ready. 

Yeah, i understand the sentiment. Resisting resistance, and then resisting that resistance, and then resisting that resistance, becomes its own black hole, so to speak. 

12 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Exactly. You can watch the video, it explains it without a doubt. is: only I have real consciousness, others are mental constructions without experience. There is only one experience, mine. then you ask: but then, in the eternity of existence, only this avatar has existed, now? No, there have been infinite avatars, and there will be. but now there is only this one, in the future you will be the others. Then you ask: but if time is not real, when in the future or in the past? They don't exist now? then they answer: to understand it you must awake (eventually it is possible that they will add a humiliating insult, as a tribute to their leader)

Yeah, i see. And i think that they also have some grain of truth in what they believe, in their possible explanation of their experience. However, the thing is, the truth is beyond all of that, beyond all mental constructs, including solipsism and antisolipsism, for lack of a better term. Solipsism is just another perspective "this" can take, and what i'm saying is just another perspective "this" can take, but being so stuck in any perspective is just a trick, or tricky mode, of the mind, that's what people usually miss. 

Edited by Vibroverse

2 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

the truth is beyond all of that, beyond all mental constructs, including solipsism and antisolipsism, for lack of a better term. 

The reality is infinity, solipsism is a limited mental construction. 

Solipsism is for lonely people who don't have a girlfriend.

@Sincerity i hope this statement is OK with ya..I know you can't wait to getmmi banned :P

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

15 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

That's not solipsism.

This is solipsism.

And it's just as much a mental story as "you are separate from the rest of reality". One story is not more or less true than the other.

I rest my case. Have fun, kids.

This = Reality = You 

That's what I mean by You

Ontologically, it's called solispsim 

Epistemologically, it's called omniscience 

Etc.

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

11 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The reality is infinity, solipsism is a limited mental construction. 

Yeah, one of the possible mental constructions. But, in some sense, we cannot get away from mental constructions. 

53 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

His argument is going to go full circle. When you corner them like this...

Hence the NPC joke 

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Solipsism is for lonely people who don't have a girlfriend.

@Sincerity i hope this statement is OK with ya..I know you can't wait to getmmi banned :P

Think before You speak. 

Here is an excerpt from another cool pointer I got from speaking to Breakingthewall.

You are so free you are trapped. Now see if you can figure that one out. LOL.

I'll give another pointer. It TEACHES you this through the appearance of form. The only reason form can be divided is because form is NOT eternal.

But since reality IS ETERNAL by definition it cannot be divided. You getting it? You can experience Other is other because it is temporary. If it were permanent it couldn't be a form. When I say permanent, I am saying you are so eternal, so permanent, that you transcend physicality. You are so permanent you cannot actually disappear, you cannot even move. 

Are you getting it? Now explain to me how there can be an OTHER to that? I can make pointers forever it doesn't matter. 

Your individual self is a construction that is tied to other. Your height is relative. Your color, your smell, everything your individual self is, is tied to other. It was constructed through the construction of other because there isn't an other. Other is no different a delusion than the individual me. But again...you fight this because you hate infinity.

Look at this video and find me other.

^^The illusion is the journey and exploration. There is only one invisible frame. That frame is a mind and infinitely intelligent.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

Nope, still a mental disorder.

1 hour ago, Vibroverse said:

Is what you guys mean by solipsism that "i, as mike, am the only being that exists, and you, as john, do not exist"? I think not, but you see, in most philosophical circles, this is what solipsism means to them. 

I mean, i believe that most of you mean "neither mike nor john exist, at the ultimate level, but only the awareness that is the source of both of them is that which is truly real". If you mean it in that way, or something like that, then no problem. 

But, if so, why do you feel like you need to take a word whose common usage means something else, and be stubborn, and say that, "no, it is what this means"? It is like saying "no, the real meaning of cat is not the animal, cat actually is a tree". Why do that, really? 

1 : There's only this 

2 : You are this

1+2 = There's only you = Solipsism 

It's just that most philosophical circles have a false notion of self, but we know better don't we, of course we're not talking about the materialistic version 

Edited by Loveeee

Mental disorder, random label, relative concept... sheesh.

What did You do to you for you to deny You so much... ;)

2 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

1 : There's only this 

2 : You are this

1+2 = There's only you = Solipsism 

It's just that most philosophical circles have a false notion of self

Having a false notion of self, and something being called in a different way than how the common parlance uses that term, are two different things. 

And another question is, how do you know that there is only this, can't it be that this is just one part of all that is? And what does "you" mean, exactly, what are you exactly referring to with that term? 

And don't give me an automatic answer like "you need to wake up" etc, i am aware of all of that. What i'm saying is these things are not as obvious as you believe they are. 

You guys are just trying to be cool and come up with a new fancy way to point towards the Absolute. And I'm just here saying that 'solipsism' is not a good pointer. Not a good word. 

Use the words everyone has been using for ages... Oneness, unity, singularity, nonduality... What's wrong with those? Why is Solipsism more enlightening than Oneness?

You do realize that many people actually end up in psych wards because they believe in solipsism, right? Like, it's a legit disorder. People go seriously bonkers because of it.

It's spiritual one-upmanship. Leo started it, and now you're all sucking on his titties.

3 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

You guys are just trying to be cool and come up with a new fancy way to point towards the Absolute. And I'm just here saying that 'solipsism' is not a good pointer. Not a good word. 

Use the words everyone has been using for ages... Oneness, unity, singularity, nonduality... What's wrong with those? Why is Solipsism more enlightening than Oneness?

You do realize that many people actually end up in psych wards because they believe in solipsism, right? Like, it's a legit disorder. People go seriously bonkers because of it.

Yeah, i agree. The idea of solipsism also has some grain of truth in it, surely, for it also is one of the modes of consciousness, and even a subtle form, in some sense, but you need to keep going meta, diving more into your intuition, instead of getting stuck with the name and form, and the passing clouds, so to speak. 

Consciousness is subtle, subtle, subtle, and no mental construction can capture it for it is ever so subtle and dynamic. That's why cultivating your intuition and inner awareness, in a sense, is the best way of being able to "understand" it. 

36 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Because it doesn't point to the Universal You which You are. Also, people for ages have been using the word God. And Oneness = God = You.

You guys simply deny You. You deny there being Absolute You, AKA God. You say it's random labels and concepts... well, I'd say that is a hell of a story.

Being awake to You / sensing You is no story. You just know.

Take the famous utterance, "I AM GOD." Some people think this is a great pretension, but "I am God" is in fact a great humility. Those who say, instead, "I am a servant of God" believe that two exist, themselves and God. But those who say, "I am God" have become nothing and have cast themselves to the winds. They say, "I am God" meaning, "I am not, God is all. There is no existence but God. I have lost all separation. I am nothing." In this the humility is greater. (Rumi)

Using the above quote as context, You could say: "There is no me. God is all there is. I am God. I am all there is."

Goes full circle.

36 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

People also go bonkers because of kundalini awakenings. Many end up in psych wards. So what?

Edited by Sincerity

Here is one last pointer, the birth of separation is the creation of other, the death of separation is the death of other. It is what it is.

Its been said many times. You just don't like hearing it

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

43 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Having a false notion of self, and something being called in a different way than how the common parlance uses that term, are two different things. 

As I edited : It's just that most philosophical circles have a false notion of self, but we know better don't we, of course we're not talking about the materialistic version 

45 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

And another question is, how do you know that there is only this, can't it be that this is just one part of all that is?

No, the proof is in my original post but it's also kinda obvious, this is immaterial, no-thing, non-finite, infinite, there can't be two of these

50 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

And what does "you" mean, exactly, what are you exactly referring to with that term? 

By you I mean this, what else 

@Sincerity A mature seeker, or someone who has realized their true nature, will undeniably see how misleading and dangerous beliefs such as 'solipsism' are.

You think everyone truly understands we are talking about the big YOU when we say 'it's all you'...? Of course not. They automatically confuse their egoic, limited self for all there is. They knowingly or unknowingly develop a belief that says that their small self, their egoic self, is all there is. Is God. They end up being far more deluded than before even embarking on this journey.

Also, no such things as kundalinies and other nonsense either.